AADrift I Rules and Judging Criteria

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

AADrift I Rules and Judging Criteria

Post by nutty »

The first main rule is, Have fun! While im sure there will be plenty of people who take it serious, remember its just a game we are here for fun!

Throughout the league there will be 3-5 judges for each event, Each judge will watch a run.

The Aim of the competition is style and control

A Win is determined by style and control of the car

Speed is not a major determinant of the race
Speed is only considered a determinant of the race when used in conjunction with high amounts of Angle and Control
If you leave someone behind, it does not constitute a win
Loss is determined by
1. Damage to other car
2. Spinning out
3. Judges
If you spin out, and the person behind you hits you its a draw. Spin out and other person doesn't, you lose

A battle will commence when both drivers are called up, they are required to join the race, and make there way to the start line. A driver will be nominated to be the lead car in the first battle, Once both driver signals that they are ready, a green flag will be given.
Once the drivers take off and negotiate the section, after the section, they are to turn around and drive back to the start point, Drivers are expected to drive back and not PIT, tires are not permitted to be changed between runs.
Once both drivers are ready, the second run is to start, this time the other car is to lead out.

After a run, each judge will announce the person they felt won the battle, this is equilivent to a point. Once both runs are completed, the judges points will be added up, and the winner will progress to the next battle with the loser ellimated. In the case of a draw a sudden death round will be used, no single driver will need to lead, its a case of gets to the first corner first.
Last edited by nutty on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petey

Re: AADrift I Rules and Judging Criteria

Post by petey »

nutty wrote:.....
If you leave someone behind, it does not constitute a win
Loss is determined by
2. Spinning out
3. If you spin out, and the person behind you hits you its a draw. Spin out and other person doesn't, you lose
the number 2 judgemental rule must have been overlooked last round.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Takumi

Re: AADrift I Rules and Judging Criteria

Post by Takumi »

nutty wrote:If you spin out, and the person behind you hits you its a draw. Spin out and other person doesn't, you lose
i still dont get why this is the case???? if the car spins out on their own merit without you hitting them and as a result you hit them as they come back onto the road why should you be penalised for it? what's to stop the person infront throwing their car out infront of you after THEIR stuff up so it can be a tie?

if the car infront spins unaided, doesnt that constitute a stuff up?? a loss?

if i had to put on the anchors and come to a stop, my run is pretty much screwed also, what is the exact point of whether i tap him or not if i did nothing wrong?
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

somehow i dont think these are the updates rules.

i thought we agreed on;

if spin is done from an own mistake, then it is the one who spun who loses the round.

if spin is done from a push from behind, then it is the pusher who loses the round.

and i like to point out something;

once a car is beyond the point of return (usually 100 degrees), that would constitute as a spin. if any contact takes place after that, then it is still the loss of the car which spun.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

t0fu wrote:somehow i dont think these are the updates rules.

i thought we agreed on;

if spin is done from an own mistake, then it is the one who spun who loses the round.

if spin is done from a push from behind, then it is the pusher who loses the round.

and i like to point out something;

once a car is beyond the point of return (usually 100 degrees), that would constitute as a spin. if any contact takes place after that, then it is still the loss of the car which spun.
now THAT makes alot more sense, i sure hope thats how it will be
petey

Post by petey »

Yes these were the rules before Round 2 :).
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.