Round1 discussion/pics/replay

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
Takumi

Round1 discussion/pics/replay

Post by Takumi »

t0fu

Post by t0fu »

i had the same idea.

more to come once i go through the replay. great round! :yes:
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

and the replay file can be found here
http://www.pacificaracing.com/index_fil ... round1.mpr
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Well done Takumi and Tofu :)
An excellent and flawless round, finished in 1h 20mins.

Judges to post official results?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

great pics guys..

edit ... Takumi 1st , Tofu 2nd , Gusto 3rd
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Those Pics are KILLA :nod:
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

got a highres pic of all the cars? could be nice for a wallpaper shot :D
Hello :aussie:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i have a 1280x1024 pic, though it'd need some work to make it as good as those
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Thanks guys, great fun I cant wait for next week.

Ive got the results, need to fill in the blanks for the scores tho

Round 1
Spoon 4 > nutty 2
Gusto 4 > ReppohC 2
Mr.Ferret > StanleyCarter
Tofu > Bionic
Takumi 3 > Vtcommondore
Shaun 6 > Bugle 0

Round 2
Gusto 5 > spoon 1
Tofu 5 > Ferret 1
Takumi 5 > Shawn 4

Round 3 (three way playoff)
Takumi 2 > Tofu 3 > Gusto 4

Final Round
Takumi 5 > tofu 1

Congrats to Takumi, great run with the slower car, also to Tofu who was amazing throughout the whole event.

Ill do a full writeup with pics and that when I get some time.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Cheers for the replay, spewin i missed this round.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

I'd just like to make a public apology here that I was unable to attend the judging due to matters that were WAY out of my control... (Dad had to be rushed to hospital.)

Sorry mates, I'll sift through the replay and see how it all went on.

Once again it was out of my control, and my family comes before my drifting.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

thats fine.. Hz was your replacment

so unless Hz wants to race next round.. quickly get one of the 8 spots for next round
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

A great experience! Good drivers, good drifting, enjoyed it alot.

Managed to get drawn against Gusto first round :faint: (Baaaaaaaah!). I wasn't very confident of winning, and I was very nervous... Started very well. My first run was EASILY the best I've done EVER, so I was a little dissapointed to see Gusto get a point on me. That said, I have no idea what his run was like. After the first run my heart was trying to jump out of my chest. I wasn't very confident of repeating my first performance, and choked on the second run. Turned in too early on the first corner, cut the kerb and lost all my speed. That shattered my confidence. I tried to get some big angles and catch up, hoping for a mistake from Gusto. The bastard didn't slip up though :shake:

I'm not too dissappointed to be honest, as even if I HAD won I wouldn't have been able to continue into the next round due to work commitments.

Congrats to Tak for kicking everyones arse in the XRG. You where consistently on the money every run I watched. Good job!
VTcommodore

Post by VTcommodore »

:no: Bad run and bad connection for me :no:
My sis was DL pfft thats why i had lag probs even before the comp.
Bugger il have to kill her later today for it.
Big clap for the admins but the comp went well.
And the layout was very nice.
But also In my 1st run that shouldnt have been a draw.
I had no control cus i hit that chicane and lost all control then he taged both of us around so yeh sorry to Tak's for wasting his time.
And before i go GET MY DAM NAME RIGHT WE LIVE IN AUSTRALIA DAMMIT HOW COULD YOU BE SOO FOOLISH..!
ok that felt good, Cyas guys
" oh dear a corner....."
*wat should i do brakes nah shift down kick dat clutch and whip dat tail out! *
" Woohoo Oversteer Galore"
Oh dear a tree........................
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

no problem tofuboi, I wish your dad the best of luck, and hope he gets well soon
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ure lucky he didnt write commonwhore :p

by the way i noticed u spelt my name shaun and shawn

its shaun
Hello :aussie:
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Well ok story time

Back in the demo days t0fu had a little team called Team LOLZ a drifting team that i used to be a part of t0fu taught me pretty much EVERYTHING. i remeber one day in a demo sever i saw Stanley and i chalanged him to a battle one of the lolz guys goes hey he's better than t0fu! i go :yikes: shit!
get floged at the 1st corner.

Now when i was called up to race stan i nearly fell off my seat and went SHIT! im not gonna get past the 1st round AGAIN! but i got VERY lucky in the tyre department and went into a sudden death round (Bl to Stan ;) you are bloody insaine!)

Then in the 2nd round i had to vs t0fu my old mentor .... lol i knew from the start there was no way i could win my nervers were worse than the 1st round i just tried my best but t0fu is "The ownage" so meh

had a GREAT!! time anyway and was there something about a seeding system thats gonna happen or something im still a little confused
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Everyone who was in this round (the 12) will be able to race next time.
Also the people that withdrew will be added, except PeTeY who will move to first reserve, seeing he didnt show up.

I was expecting more people to sign up, but seeing there isnt the seeding thing doesnt matter
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

haha ferret. you should be really proud of what you have achieved, seeing as when S2 was first released, you couldnt even drift at all. your battle against stan was great -- stan probably pushed a bit too hard in the first run, so he wore his tires out a lot more than he wanted to. but in the end, a good amount of consistency from both drivers, and just a bit of an edge to you with the tires led your win.

my battles were felt the same. i was nervous. especially against my first battle with bionic. he drove the FZ5, and with my past experience with that car, i thought i would have a lot of trouble trying to win. and i did. my chasing run was VERY heartstopping for me, because i came so close to tapping and spinning him out about 3 times in that small section past the start. but i knew i had to perform some good tandom action to progress, so i pushed hard, and got through in the end.

funnily enough i had to battle the only two guys who had different cars to everyone else. bionic and takumi. and i would have to say that the battle with takumi really threw me off. driving against an XRG in that sort of competitive style was difficult because the car was slower instead of faster (you'd find when you drift with the XRT, a lot of other people use faster cars). so the momentum of the whole battle was a bit odd to a "first-timer" like me. i did the best i could in that position, and unfortunately couldnt make the win. as soon as we crossed the line on the second run, i had knew i had lost. was a bit shocked at first, but then realised how well i had performed anyway. so im happy. again, congrats to takumi! :yes:

seeing as this is really the first organised competition i have taken part in, it felt a bit weird having the whole crowd of racers watching my every move. just the whole atmosphere of the two cars, alone, driving the course as best they can, kinda made me feel weird. hahah. anyway, as far as the judging goes, i think you guys did very well. i think i was still a bit unfamiliar with the rules at some point, but apart from that, you guys were pretty fair and observational with your judging. i think that is important. so i'd just like to thank the admins for their good organisating and support, and the other drivers for a great opening round of the AAD!
Talasas

Post by Talasas »

Glad to hear it was a big success!! I was crying every minute after starting time.

I'll watch the replay immediately. Although I see there wan't a large spread of cars? What happened to people saying they were gonna use the LX and such?
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

That was somthing I was susprised with, I guess that track suits the XRT.

Next round will be diffrent tho, The XRT doesnt have the power to link the last lefthanders, so im guessing everyone will either use the fz5 or a lx.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

hmm yes interesting night :) in the first few rounds vs vt and shaun i struggled ALOT (at the time i had no idea why) everytime i kept drifting my car kept wanting to go back to grip, but the gearing was all still the same so i thought nothing of it and pushed harder.

just after i beat shaun the final round started between tofu, gusto and i. so i ducked into the garage quickly before, and noticed i was on my fegold race set! spewing! so i pretty much went crap all night except for the final round, which was a bit of a blast. i reckon the only 2 spotless runs i had was against tofu right at the end, which was the important bit i guess

anyway thanks guys for the good battles and hopefully i didnt frustrate too many of you. i got thrown off quite frequently last night because even though the xrt cars were faster than me, i was often catching them through the turns, and soon as i had to brake to avoid a collision, i would lose my important speed and therefor the drift ;)

i don't think i'll take the xrg next round purely because of the section of track they have chosen.
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

here's my coverage of round 1:
Administrator Demo Run:

Spoonsports Vs. Nutty >>> 4 - 2 >> Spoonsports
First Round:

ReppohC Vs. Gusto >>> 2 - 4 >> Gusto

Stan Vs. Mr.Ferret >>> 4 - 5 >>> Mr.Ferret

t0fu Vs. Bionic >>> 6 - 0 >>> t0fu

VTCommodore Vs. Takumi >>> 0 - 3 >>> Takumi

Bugle Vs. Shaun >>> 0 - 6 >>> Shaun
Best 6:

Spoonsports Vs. Gusto >>> 1 - 5 >>> Gusto

t0fu Vs. Mr.Ferret >>> 5 - 1 >>> t0fu

Shaun Vs. Takumi >>> 4 - 5 >>> Takumi
3-Way Showdown:
(Points based on who was to be eliminated)

Gusto Vs. t0fu Vs. Takumi >>> 4 - 3 - 2 >>> Gusto
Final:

t0fu Vs. Takumi >>> 1 - 5 >>> Takumi

Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

lol thanks for the pic of me going off tofu lol!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Great pics tofu! looks like they were taken at a low res though (antialiasing is visible) - suppose more will have to be retaken to reach a high res