Round1 discussion/pics/replay

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

GustoAU wrote:Great pics tofu! looks like they were taken at a low res though (antialiasing is visible) - suppose more will have to be retaken to reach a high res
i play with only 2x AA on. screen res is 1152x768, resized them to a more suitable size for the forum. i could have put AA and AF up for the sake of the screenshots, but it would have taken a lot longer to get em finished.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

i wouldnt worry :) i reckon they look great
StanleyCarter

Post by StanleyCarter »

t0fu wrote:stan probably pushed a bit too hard in the first run, so he wore his tires out a lot more than he wanted to. but in the end, a good amount of consistency from both drivers, and just a bit of an edge to you with the tires led your win.
I don't quite understand, so I lost because my tires were more worn out? despite the fact that I had better lines, smoothness, angles and almost passed him at the last corner? :eek:

the judgements from the first 2 runs of me and Ferret was fine, what I don't understand is the sudden death match though.

I accept the final decision from the judges, though I'm really surprised... after some analysis on the replay and many thoughts, I would really like to hear some explanations from the judges regarding that sudden death match between me and Ferret, cause I've watched the replay and I still don't understand why I would lost though, was it because I was a tad bit too slow at the start? or was it Ferret's rear wheel on grass drifting that took the win?

nice event, watching pro racers drifting is very interesting, see ya guys again next round.

:)
Feel the groove, Saiko D Power...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I gave you the vote in the sudden death Stanley. For me Ferret getting all 4 wheels on the grass on the final turn was the killer for him, And overall in general i think i still would've given you the win. I was just a fill in judge and really know bugger all about drifting. I was just judging my decisions on whos run was more entertaining to watch. And in the sudden death i thought you had the upper hand. I don't know what the other judges reasoning was. I thought you had it too..lol
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

good work Tofu .. :yes: :yes:

gusto carless.. :lol: .. great size for a webpage

stan :.. sudden death was becouse points were even .. no one had the upper hand.. yes you almost passed him at the end.. but you didnt .. so that just means you were faster in that bit thats is all
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

StanleyCarter wrote:
t0fu wrote:stan probably pushed a bit too hard in the first run, so he wore his tires out a lot more than he wanted to. but in the end, a good amount of consistency from both drivers, and just a bit of an edge to you with the tires led your win.
I don't quite understand, so I lost because my tires were more worn out?
i figured you lost because you were going a bit slower, due to the tire wear.
VTcommodore

Post by VTcommodore »

Well the judges called it and its there decision stan.

But i did feel kinda sorry for u cus i thought u had it in the bag maybe series just needs time to settle in a bit aye.
" oh dear a corner....."
*wat should i do brakes nah shift down kick dat clutch and whip dat tail out! *
" Woohoo Oversteer Galore"
Oh dear a tree........................
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

wobblysauce wrote:gusto carless.. :lol: .. great size for a webpage
?
careless? yup in those last runs I got too sideways on the right hander and lost too much speed... damn :)
webpage?

imho stan deserved that sudden death win - he was more consistant (going by memory, haven't replayed the replay yet), and it was very impressive to see him go around successfully on red hot tyres. imho three wheels off the road is extremely high scoring, but four wheels off the road should be a loss. This was the only controversy I think :rolleyes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

GustoAU wrote: imho three wheels off the road is extremely high scoring, but four wheels off the road should be a loss.
I agree with this 100% 4 wheels on dirt should = instant DQ.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

:yikes: i saved it and it look cool!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

TBH Stan, I would have given you the last round, but its the judges call
StanleyCarter

Post by StanleyCarter »

yes, I'm not saying its not fair nor complaining.

But I just needed an explanation as of how I lost that round that's all.

Drifting competitions are like this, plus its a very "subjective" sport. I'm cool. No problem, I'll just try to do better next round. :yes:
Feel the groove, Saiko D Power...
Talasas

Post by Talasas »

Umm that mpr stops for me just before Takumi's run, which a damn shame because I wanna see that guy drift, he kicked ass in the pilot round!

Well done all, I also agree Stanley got shafted as he worked much harder and you can see his skill there. But the judges have to make their call with the information they are given. I hope they made good use of the TAB button.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

can you double check and or redownload the mpr file? the replay i saved was the entire thing.
Talasas

Post by Talasas »

Yep, better. I didn't take note of the file size, it was 745kb first time. Thanks mate.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.