Round 2 PM's Sent

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Round 2 PM's Sent

Post by nutty »

Let me know if you didnt get them
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

looking at server.. let play a guessing game insted of getting the right password
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
VTcommodore

Post by VTcommodore »

didnt recieve my PM :(
" oh dear a corner....."
*wat should i do brakes nah shift down kick dat clutch and whip dat tail out! *
" Woohoo Oversteer Galore"
Oh dear a tree........................
Talasas

Post by Talasas »

I didn't get a PM :shake:
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
VTcommodore

Post by VTcommodore »

umm hello i need a PM its comming up soon hello ?
" oh dear a corner....."
*wat should i do brakes nah shift down kick dat clutch and whip dat tail out! *
" Woohoo Oversteer Galore"
Oh dear a tree........................
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight and didn't get enough time to message nutty... but it perhaps seems as though it might not have happened tonight..? (no discussion threads). if it did, hope it went well without myself and samoo etc
petey

Post by petey »

oh it happened, it happened hard. People are in mIRC now, discussing rules etc. Was extremely controversial, i just happened to be at the heart of it :( .

But most of it :) Was great fun and was awesome :) Close battles, heart pumping.

Bugle took the win,
I came in second.... both of which were very controversial, bugle in that he mightn't have got there and me in that i disco'd last run against bugle :P and its a pity coz i was caning him too.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

petey.. stop jerking off .. :eek: .. and take off with the other guys.. and stop calling for re-run

and 1 more thing.. GET OFF THE PHONE :fall:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
StanleyCarter

Post by StanleyCarter »

PeteY, i'll be getting my revenge. :p

it seems like my strategy doesn't seem to work this time as well.

In round 1 I was kinda laid back, thinking I could win with what I've done, but it didn't happen. Knowing what the judges would like (maybe... :p ) I've made some changes in this round, I changed to a FZ50, still going at it with my usual style (smoke, lots of wheel spin, and angle), but I'm aiming for faster speed this time around (hey this should give me some wins eh?) I've made perfect runs, fast, good angle, smoke and even nice corner linking, and even pulling away, and yet I lost again!

guess I need to drive slower next time so the follower can keep up, hence the judges can spot me better? :melt:

I'm out of strategies. :melt:

Anyways, congratulations to Bugle for the win. :)
Feel the groove, Saiko D Power...
petey

Post by petey »

Well you pulled away from me Because you were in a faster car, and i am pretty sure the reason i won against you was because i was really hanging out wide and i linked the whole course, where as you may have linked it but you were sticking to the middle of the road.

Although i dont know just guessing :P

I wasn't worrying about speed at all, i thought i'll just chuck it out there and go crazy, so i did, was hanging wide, and at everymoment i could it was planted foot drift and just plainly, it was all fun! :D . Was awesome fun, i don't want it being changed but meh, somethings must be done if it is viewed so.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

stan its your foult u lost.. if you didnt say re-run as well .. you were going to get the win .. becouse of the other 3 runs u had were better then petey

and after it all that last run.. just didnt look as nice as petey.. mainly on angles i think.. or was it u didnt link the last corner .. and you were tied till then

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

StanleyCarter

Post by StanleyCarter »

wobblysauce wrote:stan its your foult u lost.. if you didnt say re-run as well .. you were going to get the win .. becouse of the other 3 runs u had were better then petey

and after it all that last run.. just didnt look as nice as petey.. mainly on angles i think.. or was it u didnt link the last corner .. and you were tied till then
I linked that, watch the replay again.
Feel the groove, Saiko D Power...
kamkor

Post by kamkor »

After watching Round 1 replay, I was really suprised with seeing Stan lose(not fair lose). The judging system you guys use is not accurate at all. Judges should at least leave the server and watch the replays offline(to confirm their judgement), because when:
StanleyCarter wrote:guess I need to drive slower next time so the follower can keep up, hence the judges can spot me better? :melt:
When the other car pulls too much in front, you can't really watch two drivers like you should - does it make a fair judgement? No.

After all, I haven't seen a replay from R2 yet, so I can't really say how it all went this time.. But based on what I have read so far in this thread, it probably was same as in R1.

Other than that, I really like the way in which layouts look, very cool. :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

kamkor wrote:After watching Round 1 replay, I was really suprised with seeing Stan lose(not fair lose). The judging system you guys use is not accurate at all. Judges should at least leave the server and watch the replays offline(to confirm their judgement), because when:
StanleyCarter wrote:guess I need to drive slower next time so the follower can keep up, hence the judges can spot me better? :melt:
When the other car pulls too much in front, you can't really watch two drivers like you should - does it make a fair judgement? No.

After all, I haven't seen a replay from R2 yet, so I can't really say how it all went this time.. But based on what I have read so far in this thread, it probably was same as in R1.

Other than that, I really like the way in which layouts look, very cool. :)
I agree with this somewhat, the judging system needs to be reviewed and set guidelines put in place. I too think Stan was hard done by in R1, havnt seen last nights replay yet to comment on R2 though.

For one i think its a little odd that in a competition based on driver skill & technique that anyone could win a run when they, for example, put all 4 wheels out on the grass (should be Instant Loss in my book) or Tap a wall (should be something to frown upon as aposed to rewarding), if some one were to nominate a certain barrier they were going to tap, then that would be different.

I really dont know jack shit about drifting, so i'm not going to declare whats wrong and whats right, but i think it wouldnt hurt for the admins & judges to Liaise a little with say Stan and Arsyn or any others that have been involved with online drifting and online drift tournaments before and see how they were run, maybe grab a few replays.

I'm not trying to put anyones nose out of joint here, just think it would be nice for the AAD to get to the proffesionalism of the AAL. And to do that these issues need to be addressed.

Also aswell, on a slightly unrelated topic, i thought it was somewhat disgraceful last night that there were certain people that would just not shut up while the admins were trying to go through the drill. I think this is something that needs to be looked at with appropriate penalties handed down if it happens in the future.

That all said and done, driftin sure is fun... holy shit that rhymes
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

BAH!!! double posticles
Last edited by Hz-Lab on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I agree with teh above two comments (not the double post lol),

Stan and T0fu have helped myself and spoon out with details from previous events held by the guys at LFS Tourqe ( http://www.lfs-torque.net/ )

We will be making some serious rule/juding changes before the next round, I am hoping to have this done before next tuesday, but the round MIGHT be postponed if needed
petey

Post by petey »

Hmm, yea this is what i don't like, i don't want it getting serious but obviously others do so, aslong as we know, fair enough, i'll still race but i will certainly not have as good a time as if we just left it without trying to make a serious thing, because the more serious you get the more formal the more formal the more tight tension the more tense the more chance for mistake and the more chance for people to get agrivated << Dunno how to spell it :p.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

PeTeY wrote:Hmm, yea this is what i don't like, i don't want it getting serious but obviously others do so, aslong as we know, fair enough, i'll still race but i will certainly not have as good a time as if we just left it without trying to make a serious thing, because the more serious you get the more formal the more formal the more tight tension the more tense the more chance for mistake and the more chance for people to get agrivated << Dunno how to spell it :p.
Its not about making it serious, or taking the fun out of it. its about creating parity throughout the rounds and the judgements. And I may be wrong, but i feel nutty & spoon's intentions of this is to make it the premierre Drift league in the Southern Hemisphere. And that wont happen without the respect. and the league will only get that respect with integrity.

But even still, With stricter rules and what not, i still dont know how hooning around a circuit with your Car allmost constantly sideways can be anything but fun
petey

Post by petey »

Yep i agree, but if you want to get the respect and integrity your asking, it does take the relaxed style out of it, which is as i have just said about 3 million times, is half the fun "for me". But thats fair enough, but on the point of respect and integrity,
How can a judge not be able to drift him or herself and still have "the right" (use that lightly) To say how it should and should not be done?
Because the best way to learn is from practice and experience. Drifting isn't something that you can just do like that //clicks fingers\\ it is done from practice.

meh :shrug: I really don't mind, just putting my point of view out there.
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

As one of the judges, I must admit some of the rulings may have been a bit 'unreliable'. Now I'm not saying this on behalf of wobblysauce and r8 but this is my own comment.

Now see, in various points of last nights round, for example, ReppohC and Bugle. From what I can remember, Bugle span out, that should have given ReppohC an instant win for that run, but no one neglected to even mention the first run in the discussion we had last night, im going to go over the replay again, but what I can remember I think it was an all out bugle win for the first run, which should have made it a tie. So yes, some of the judging from my point of view, was a little unreliable. But please remember, we didnt have much time to make a decision.

I may be whinging here yes, but in another case for example. The PeTeY and Bugle run, now this was the final, so alot of pressure was on us for so little time.

When it came completely down to me at the end, I chose PeTeY because I wanted it to be a third run, as I could just not make a decent decision, I needed to see more.

So when I did that, all hell broke loose, and none of this would have happened. And I really feel bad about it.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
petey

Post by petey »

That was the reason for all hell breaking lose was it? , it was noone's fault in the competition for what happened in the last run, im on dial-up nothing i can do about that and someone picked up the phone nothing i can do about that either, so its just one of those things that happens, that is nothing to do with judging, and fair enough i wouldn't have cared if you said that was an immediate loss, but i just wasn't aware of it.
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

PeTeY wrote:That was the reason for all hell breaking lose was it? , it was noone's fault in the competition for what happened in the last run, im on dial-up nothing i can do about that and someone picked up the phone nothing i can do about that either, so its just one of those things that happens, that is nothing to do with judging, and fair enough i wouldn't have cared if you said that was an immediate loss, but i just wasn't aware of it.
Well neither we were as judges.

We did not know what to do, we never considered this to actually become a problem. We never expected it to happen this way. But it did, and we couldnt do anything.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
petey

Post by petey »

Yea to tell the truth i am totally over it and would rather just leave that at that. Already tried the next layout, very tricky one in my opinion./
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

Can someone post a replay?
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

PeTeY wrote:Yea to tell the truth i am totally over it and would rather just leave that at that. Already tried the next layout, very tricky one in my opinion./
Well I'm glad, makes me feel better.