AADrift I Rule Changes [IMPORTANT!]

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

AADrift I Rule Changes [IMPORTANT!]

Post by nutty »

Hello all,

As many of you know. Round 2 was a shocker, and pointed out a number of holes within our rules/judging system.

We have taken the time to go over the format, and modify it to make the comp exactly what its ment to be, Australasia's premier drifting league.

A full list of rules will be posted soon, but to give everyone an overview of what to expect

First up.

Judges are now to leave the server, and judge from a replay, they will be given time to go over this and assure that the result is right.

The server will be restarted before each battle, The two nominated drivers are to line up, a driver will once again be nominated to lead, once the run is completed, the drivers is to make his way back to the start, in which the second run will commence with the drivers now switching order.

At the completion of the second run, judges are then to save the replay and go view it.

This time judges will be following a judging template.

Each judge will be asked to give a score out of 5 points to each driver per corner, drivers will be judged on line/speed/angle.
As well as that, 5 additional points can be awarded for style.
Style includes things like
Linking of corners, big entries, huge sideways, things that make you go WOW.

In addition to this, a final 5 points could also be added to the following driver, if a driver manages to remain close throughout the drift, he can pickup 5 bonus points. This will be used to keep everything close, just like drifting should be.

Each run will be scored sepertaly.

Once the judges have scored both runs, from both drivers they are too add up the scores and return to the server to post the driver that scored the most.

Just like before, the driver that goes through will be the one with the more judges that give him the win.

The only major problem with this format is time, I will be moving the start time to 8pm, and allowing around 2-2.5 hours for the event.

How does everyone feel about these changes? I didnt want to remove the spectator aspect of the comp, as I feel it gives a great fun aspect. So this was all we could really do.

Idea/Comments/Suggestions
Last edited by nutty on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
petey

Post by petey »

I love it, and i think the bonus 5 points is an awesome incentive to keep up :) .
but are the 5 point awarded when you pass the opponent? .
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

PeTeY wrote:I love it, and i think the bonus 5 points is an awesome incentive to keep up :) .
but are the 5 point awarded when you pass the opponent? .
well a pass under drift should be an auto win. Also, if other auto loss things come into play, like a spin, or accident, do the judges still have to watch the replay, i for one would like to see a head judge appointed to make those calls.

Also, is it necessary for the judges to leave after every run? cant the 2 drifters complete both their runs and then have the judges look at them?
petey

Post by petey »

That is what happens.
nutty wrote:At the completion of the second run, judges are then to save the replay and go view it.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

i like the new layout. i hope the rules have been changed too, because if the rules do not conform with the new type of layout, we havent made any progress.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

PeTeY wrote:That is what happens.
nutty wrote:At the completion of the second run, judges are then to save the replay and go view it.
well i'll be fugged, so it is... i should learn to read good now said cheese
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

t0fu wrote:i like the new layout. i hope the rules have been changed too, because if the rules do not conform with the new type of layout, we havent made any progress.

Yes, the rules will be changed, Including provision's for Spin outs/Crash's and what not.

Ill be posted the new lot of rules later on today, Just got to finish them off =)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

most of you will think they are good. personally i think they'll lead to more confusion!
Tofuboi

Post by Tofuboi »

r8response wrote:most of you will think they are good. personally i think they'll lead to more confusion!

I have to agree here.

The new system is great, but the points deal is going to probably become confusing, and will need to be learned reletively quick.

Oh well, I guess cant be changed now.
"No matter how fast the car in front goes around a corner, I should be able to do the same!" - Takumi Fujiwara
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »