I would like to introduce a new Australian team

AustralAsian Drifting forum. LFS drifters.
maxwolfie

I would like to introduce a new Australian team

Post by maxwolfie »

Hi all,

Just letting you know that our Australian Drifting Team, <DRFT>, is accepting new applications :)

We currently have 10 active members, predominately from the east coast of Australia....

Check out our site at http://drftcrew.6x.to - I just revamped the site and we now also have TeamSpeak and a new skin :)

See you on the forum/track :aussie: :yes:

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Oi, teams are for Grippers!

What does DRFT stand for? I'd click the link to your site to find out for myself but I feel a bit dirty everytime my curser hovers over it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hmm, Dead Linkees for me...

i have a theory, but it doesnt add up, maybe they are called DRFT without the I as a play on the old "there is no I in TEAM", which would make them a team about teamwork, not individuality, like a tiny community of unselfish drifters, see how it dont add up? hehehe
gav0

Post by gav0 »

lol funny wen ppl cant even post a good link of their OWN website lmao
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Hmm, not sure what you guys are on about. Just tried the link now and it's working fine... :?

Great to hear about the new team maxwolfie and don't worry about these drongos from FMR, they secretly drift to try and pull the chicks but more often end up pulling their cars from the armcos :lol: . Once I get my ARSE in gear I will setup another drift night with pix and you guys are welcome to come and show us how to do it (because everyone knows I certainly can't :rolleyes: ).

P.S. I am well aware that I am in FMR so I actually insulted myself as well. Thing is I am part of the 'Armco retrieval' club too :D.
petey

Post by petey »

It looks like a free host, more than likely it was down ;).

Edit: yep just tried it and its down :shake: :lol:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
racemania

Post by racemania »

Its a paid host and the prob is with the links the .6x.to company bans a certain ip and a range of them somtimes get a ip changer and then try it

or try this link http://undercovercastle.com/drftcrew/index.php?

we are just a small team but we all learn new techniques off each other

the reason behind the DRFT i wouldnt know but will be somthing ill work on

thanks racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
maxwolfie

Post by maxwolfie »

Hey all :)

Yeah... The host was having a few little hiccups, I'm not actually paying for it, but my mate is paying for the domain itself.... all seems to be good now however...

And the name, well.... I dont know :)

As someone said, there is no 'i' in team :P (how sad... :D)
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

if the host is paid and you're just after a redirection URL, use http://www.co.nr . non-bullshit simple and easy redirector.
It's been nice, chaps.
racemania

Post by racemania »

DRFT is now gone and the new team has taken some of the drivers

heres some details

team owners Racemania and M1tch

members
Maxwolfie
monaro
markom
nicknet

team site http://ddgtr.multiservers.com/

all welcome to have a look will be open to new members soon

thanks
racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Yeah, drift team never last long do they? :lol:
racemania

Post by racemania »

nah not really plus there was that many noobs in DRFT that we had a bad rep building up

thats why me and m1tch wanted a grip drag and drift team so we are open to all racers plus we really wanted to get back to the game and having fun again by not getting kicked from every server we joined.

come have a look at our team if you like.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

J_luo88 wrote:Yeah, drift team never last long do they? :lol:
Not nessasaryily i was in a drift team for the whole S2 Demo lol...sure there were only 3 of us and it did stop when i was the only one who brought S2 lol
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

dont all drift teams have a bad rep? the best way around that is to start a "gripper" race team, then build a good rep, then occasionally drift here and there and show up all the "drift teams" thats how the rest of us do it...

also, it probably does not help that the 1st thing you see when you open your website is a disclaimer. LOL. i dunno about everyone else but to me i read that and just thought "WRECKERS". Maybe some nice screenies or a team logo or something might be better to replace that. And also, when announcing the "death" of an old team and the "birth" of another it would probably pay to Mention the new teams name, even if it is in the web address, stupid fucks like me dont understand that shit, and remember, 76% of people are stupid.

I do on one hand feel sorry for drift teams though, they carry a certain "stigma" that is like the plague to them, then they just die. I think really though it comes down to the fact that 99.9999% of Drift teams you see are unproffesional as Pimps with Hep C, They tend to take on like 10 dudes straight out, from all over the world & then cant control them one bit. The person trying to start the team is usually like 14, not saying theres anything wrong with young stingers starting teams, but more often than not they dont have the commitment to the project and it folds.

Whilst I sound rather negative about the whole thing, believe me when i say i'd love for you to prove me wrong...... so do it..

Christ, Some one take the " button away from me.. i'm on a rampage....
racemania

Post by racemania »

Hz-Lab wrote:dont all drift teams have a bad rep? the best way around that is to start a "gripper" race team, then build a good rep, then occasionally drift here and there and show up all the "drift teams" thats how the rest of us do it...

also, it probably does not help that the 1st thing you see when you open your website is a disclaimer. LOL. i dunno about everyone else but to me i read that and just thought "WRECKERS". Maybe some nice screenies or a team logo or something might be better to replace that. And also, when announcing the "death" of an old team and the "birth" of another it would probably pay to Mention the new teams name, even if it is in the web address, stupid fucks like me dont understand that shit, and remember, 76% of people are stupid.

I do on one hand feel sorry for drift teams though, they carry a certain "stigma" that is like the plague to them, then they just die. I think really though it comes down to the fact that 99.9999% of Drift teams you see are unproffesional as Pimps with Hep C, They tend to take on like 10 dudes straight out, from all over the world & then cant control them one bit. The person trying to start the team is usually like 14, not saying theres anything wrong with young stingers starting teams, but more often than not they dont have the commitment to the project and it folds.

Whilst I sound rather negative about the whole thing, believe me when i say i'd love for you to prove me wrong...... so do it..

Christ, Some one take the " button away from me.. i'm on a rampage....
lol nice post
1st off the disclamer is to stop some ppl trying to steal stuff from our site not because we are wreckers.
2nd we dont just drift but occasionaly we like a few laps of drift.
3rd we are new and we have a rule no one under 18 at all due to the fact DRFT had 90% 14yr olds that thought they were the best in the game.

but ive been reviewing the site ove the past few days and been thinking whats missing.
thanks for your reply umm drift teams do get it tough i think the best way to get a good drift team is trial before you let anyone on the team that way you wont get any noobs thinking there it and a bit we have a few trial nights comming up this month.

as for the site im thinking of taking the disclamer down iit was just a bit of a bad idea. i also have a link to this site on the pages i hope that is ok because this is one of the biggest aussie forums for lfs i thought put it on there for everyone to see.
atm we are doing some upgrades to the team so there should be some new stuff in the next few weeks.

with a team its hard to keep everything running smooth i think msn gets more use between members than the forum plus its hard to get all the members in one server at any given time.
i tell you what tho hard work always pays off in the end M1tCh and me have put a lot of tiem and effort into this team altho we had a lot of offers to join other teams we decided to stay where we could decied what events were going on. so i say to all the ppl wanting to start a new team either you put long hours into it or it will ber undone in no time at all just look at DRFT they went down hill because of the unorganised behaviour of 14yr olds lol not theat the team owner was 14 just most of the ppl in the team were. so long hours and lots of work and you could have a team that works too. 1 last suggestion for you newbs to teams dont take on too many new members we took 6 @ DDGTR and 5 of them were ex DRFT members we now have 7 and looking for 2 more but you have to be under 18 and like to do all styles of racing Drag Drift Grip Team Racing is our new team hope to see you all on track soon.

if you happen to see one of our members behaving in a wrecker way please send me a mpr of it and ill have them sorted out because we are anti wreckers we dont stand for it on the team. if you see a server of ours up jump in and have a run with us you might end up liking what we do in there.

ok thats about all i think i need to say today everyone have a good weekend thanks racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

so let me get this straight....

You like to drift and also occasionally drift sometimes? just wondering, when do you find time to drift?

DDGTR does not accept members under the age of 18, but is currently looking for 2 new members under the age of 18?

the hard work has paid off in the end? in a team thats like what? a month old? and you dictate what events your drivers can and cannot enter?

long hours of work and i can have a team that works too? man, my team will never work..lol, their all nutcases...

Also.. on your site, it may pay to run spellcheck before you post stuff up on there.. hundreds of errors make for a dodgy looking site.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

i think most of the bad treatment is brought on by themselves. you state on your own website that "if any of our members are wrecking, please contact..."

sorry but this website reeks of demo noobism, and either you have no faith or trust in your members, or you're picking any man and his dog who asks.

goodluck but i feel depressed just by looking at the website...
It's been nice, chaps.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

my thoughts exactly tak....

For once i'd love to see a pro looking respectable drift team come out of aus. The thing that really puzzles me is why it seems so hard, i mean most of the "grip" teams have sideline drifters in their teams, and they manage to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, if Drifters could get over their ego's, they might learn a thing or two.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Hz.........your pills.

Calm Blue Ocean
Calm Blue Ocean

:lol:
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Hz-Lab wrote:my thoughts exactly tak....

For once i'd love to see a pro looking respectable drift team come out of aus. The thing that really puzzles me is why it seems so hard, i mean most of the "grip" teams have sideline drifters in their teams, and they manage to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, if Drifters could get over their ego's, they might learn a thing or two.
:nod:
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
petey

Post by petey »

Yea we do have some great fun with a few members out of teams in aus. It may be an idea to collaborate into a drift team, but then there would be no-one to "battle" or compete with really.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
t0fu

Post by t0fu »

Hz-Lab wrote:if Drifters could get over their ego's, they might learn a thing or two.
heh. nice thought, but that'll never happen.

everyone who drifts thinks they're better than everyone else -- regardless of how much they want to deny it. why that happens, i dont know, which is why i've pretty much given up drifting in public servers anymore, seeing as there is too much bickering or just straight out stupidity from certain teams/drifters.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

I reckon that's a shame because it can a be a helluva lot of fun. I can't drift worth a damn but I can't wipe the massive grin off my face when I DO manage to pull of that perfect drift. Or better yet I link it to another drift! WHOO HOO! :D