GTR 3

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
pab

Re: GTR 3

Post by pab »

Yep, you have your view, I have mine. I think it's been a while since you were a member though, it costs me very little to play these days (subscription can be as little as $10 per year with bonuses and specials, not including content of course).

Sorry for derail of thread, I'll go back to lurking here now.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
richo

Post by richo »

Exar Kun wrote:
richo wrote:I have never seen worked punched out like they do at pCARS , every week there are updates and new cars/tracks are very regular and the multi just keeps getting better and better.
That's because it's very much a pre-release. And it feels like it to me too. Back when I did beta-testing on GTR 1 & 2 and GTL (and actually with the same bunch of people when they were Blimey!), updates came out just as quickly. They're working towards a full release of the game - once that comes out you'll hardly see any updates in terms of functionality. You're just able to see a bit of what games development is like. iR is on a different business model - one that will never actually see it "finished".

Yeah i guess that is true as the cars can feel fantastic one week and so bad the next yet i think the project will turn out to be pretty tidy, if you haven't had a bash for some time you might be surprised as multiplayer while atm is peer based as there servers aren't up it's still a bloody good experience . Pounding a Lotus 49 or 78 to Z4 GT (all drive very nicely imho) around Bathurst to Road America is pretty cool, and the highway sections they have developed are pretty sweet too.

I,m no mega car sim nut by any means but it fills my hole at the moment so to speak..
[]D [] []v[] []D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm actually looking forward to pCARS being finished. GTR3 would have been nice too - it's a shame it's gone so quiet. Just hanging out for Assetto Corsa right now - a sim that has a good offline component is what I'm really after.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

http://www.raceroom.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GTR 3 may be dead, I think this is what has taken its place. Certainly the only action out of Simbin recently.
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

http://www.virtualr.net/r3e-lot-of-new-previews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Includes the almost mandatory for 2013 BMW license. Still Assetto Corsa is the most promising of the other titles I think, especially after the schedules that iRacing released today. My god!
XLV SPORT
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Jiminee wrote:especially after the schedules that iRacing released today. My god!
What's wrong with them. I haven't had the time for iR but have been hoping S1 2013 would have a decent series for the McLaren at least.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

This best illustrates S1 2013

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Late Models @ Michigan
V8s @ Lime Rock
Lotus 79 @ Pocono Roval
Indy Car @ Talladega
Most A, B & C level Nascar stuff has had race lengths cut dramatically.
The only one people seem happy with is the Grand Am series with the McLaren.
XLV SPORT
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Haven't heard anything about this game for awhile, hope it's still in development.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gizmo wrote:Haven't heard anything about this game for awhile, hope it's still in development.
I'm pretty sure it morphed into this Gizmo.
http://www.simbin.com/games/raceroom-ra ... ce-teaser/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://game.raceroom.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Anyone else had go of RaceRoom?

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and have been plugging away at the free content and competitions.

It's OK as far as a racing game goes - I don't think it is a match for iRacing in the physics department but it's fairly well presented and sounds really good.

Maybe the multiplayer will offer a bit more when it gets released - at the moment all you get is leaderboard challenges and apex hunt (didn't look at apex hunt, sounds a bit lame)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I plan to try it shortly once I've got all my other race sims loaded on my rig.

But it still annoys me that race sims have entered the DLC gaming world. :(

I want it all god damn it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."