GTR 3

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
VIPEROSI

GTR 3

Post by VIPEROSI »

Simbin has just launched the website with a few sneaky preview photos and a incredible audio stream from in game.

I hope the physics have improved massively from race and gtr evolution, if they have i can see this title being awesome.

http://www.gtr3.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

GTR 3

Post by DexterPunk »

I always thought the physics were better than anything else using an ISI engine.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: GTR 3

Post by r8response »

Rather enjoyed GTR2, but for some reason it cracked the shits with Windows 7 because of Starforce.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

No CD patch? I thought only GTL had starforce?
XLV SPORT
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

GTR was one of the titles that got me into sim racing, and it looks like they are set to create a new benchmark with sound again. Ive never heard ingame sound anywhere near as good as that especially the samples that came from exterior views.

Going back and forth between race injection and iracing really shows how inferior the physics in the race 07 and addons are, hence my comments about hoping for a vastly improved engine.

Fingers crossed that its decent!
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

The sounds are amazing, I don't think any other title comes close to that little sneak peak. And did I see Lemans in that preview?

I really hope that this is the title that could get me back into sim racing. I've gotten alittle board with iRacing.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

GTR 3

Post by DexterPunk »

Doin better than me Giz, I've been a bit 'ho hum' about sim racing for years. I do actually love it, but just overdosed and needed to leave it alone until something ground breaking came along. I doubt this will be ground breaking, and wonder what engine it's using. Sound though is underrated, it really can make a big difference to how immersive a sim can be.

slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

I think if I read it right, there using the new engine called " Lizard ". Between this and Rfactor 2, should be a good time for sim racing.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Add c.a.r.s. to the mix, and nkp is still kicking (and is better than ever, in fact ;) )

All we need now is a good rbr 2 :)

But in actual fact, this is now a bit too much. Everybody is playing something else.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

LFS S3 ?

bahh.. jk!
eek
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

but a good one! :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

S3? pffft

West Racing is the one I'm waiting for.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Corvette GT2 Sounds in game
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

HORN!!!!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Nearly 12 months since the last post and no new news. :(
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Lame.

SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I got excited when this thread popped up in my unread list.

Damn!

:vibes:
Steve
---
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've a feeling Assetto Corsa maybe quicker...but then again, it's Stefano we're talking about, and it's already 3 months late :D
And let's be honest, rf2 isn't ready yet either.
It's a race to the finish, with LFS still in the race, aye!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Didn't this become Race Room Experience?
XLV SPORT
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Does anyone else think these other guys are full of delays cause iRacing may have got a small developmental edge in the industry?

well... I think they've got an edge in their business model, development pace and partnerships.

I'm not saying they'll be worse, but they might be more cautious about releasing as they're all highly rated sims, and will be competing against a very polished and regularly updated product.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Scottie wrote:Does anyone else think these other guys are full of delays cause iRacing may have got a small developmental edge in the industry?

well... I think they've got an edge in their business model, development pace and partnerships.

I'm not saying they'll be worse, but they might be more cautious about releasing as they're all highly rated sims, and will be competing against a very polished and regularly updated product.
Not at all. iR has only laser scanned tracks, nothing else on others. Plus it's so expensive it can only keep the very dedicated on-board for a longer time. Their development pace is rubbish, they're delaying everything regularly, too; just look at the NTM. They've delayed it almost a year, and it came out totally fucked up, which they could not fix for a good half year. All this for hundreds of $$$'s from each customer!

I reckon simply the sims are becoming more and more sophisticated and complicated, so it's exponentially harder to create something which is good enough for release.
richo

Post by richo »

I have never seen worked punched out like they do at pCARS , every week there are updates and new cars/tracks are very regular and the multi just keeps getting better and better.

Still not perfect by any means but there working on it. The Zakspeed Capri is an awesome care to punt around the work they have done on the BMW M1 makes it a nice drive , not all the cars are there but there's a lot that are.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

richo wrote:I have never seen worked punched out like they do at pCARS , every week there are updates and new cars/tracks are very regular and the multi just keeps getting better and better.
That's because it's very much a pre-release. And it feels like it to me too. Back when I did beta-testing on GTR 1 & 2 and GTL (and actually with the same bunch of people when they were Blimey!), updates came out just as quickly. They're working towards a full release of the game - once that comes out you'll hardly see any updates in terms of functionality. You're just able to see a bit of what games development is like. iR is on a different business model - one that will never actually see it "finished".
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
pab

Post by pab »

I've never driven pCARS, but I gather there has been a bit of two steps forward, one step back over the timeframe of development, which makes sense given what Mick has said. Not knocking pCARS (cause as I said, I have no experience with it and it's still a work in progress), but I'm continually amazed that iRacing can pump out an update every 13 weeks and generally (with a few exceptions, but I'm prepared to give them that given the workload involved) keep it moving forward. The strain of making that release every 3 months to a VERY demanding client base must be huge on the development team.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Mate, with the money pumped into iR they should be spinning half the world around in 13 weeks :) They sell it as ~4 new games every year to every customer - and that's just the subscription price!

Their updates, however, mostly are content & settings (tweaking cars is a setting, not a functional coding change). Real functional stuff comes (or I should say came since I'm not in it anymore - it may have changed) out somewhat less often. And it was borked up sometimes, too, which is understandable; it's very hard to stress test everything to 100%.