Raceroom experience

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
GT VIRUS
Karen

Raceroom experience

Post by GT VIRUS »

Demo can be downloaded now through steam!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Raceroom experience

Post by ysu »

....aaaaand? ;)

oh well, I'll give it a try, only 1.3 gigs
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It's extremely locked down, full assists etc. I felt the steering was very spongey and took ages to get used to it. It wasn't very direct as I'd expect a car of that calibre.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
thornz

Post by thornz »

Quite fun I thought. Even with all aids on, it felt pretty good. Car still moved round a bit, will definitly check the full version out.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

When you giving it some, it does move around a bit, but I think I'd like to try the full one with no aids before saying yes. In the 20 minutes I was driving it, I couldn't even get the rear properly step out even when jumping on it in 2nd... At least it didn't give me the shiz with setup, etc, it has picked up everything and worked nicely.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Felt fairly nice to drive, obviously want to try it without aids but not a bad first impression
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

If anyone is interested there is a pretty good promo this weekend - http://insider.simbin.com/r3e-good-old- ... kend-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Wish it would just use money, then I would know how much I don't want to waste on this TT sim
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GT VIRUS wrote:Wish it would just use money, then I would know how much I don't want to waste on this TT sim
LOL yep I have made a conversion spreadsheet to track just that. I'll happily post it if you want?
I'm most spewing that I have already purchased both Laguna Seca & Bathurst at RvRP. :(

TT sim yes but at least they have leaderboards setup already. Hopefully full racing (AI or MP) is not far off, I suspect it will come when DTM Experience is released which is tied to this.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I spent a little vRP on a few things in the sale, like all the cars & the Zolder track. I didn't bother with Monza as it's in many other games plus even at 30% off it wasn't much cheaper than other tracks. I want Mid Ohio & Suzuka more so have my fingers crossed they may come up in a future sale.
The Zakspeed Capri & BMW 320 Turbo are so much fun, wheelspin in 2nd & 3rd gears once the Turbo kicks in makes them a real handful. Zolder is also a great track & very challenging.

As promised here is the vRP calculation spreadsheet I have made. It is currently based off the 2000 points package but can be easily changed as per the instructions in yellow, I have also added items so you can see how it works. It should be pretty straight forward from there.
Race Sim DLC Table.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Christmas Sale This Weekend!!! - http://insider.simbin.com/r3e-christmas ... -liveries/
Save big on your favorite tracks, cars and liveries this holiday season with 50%-70% discounts from RaceRoom and SimBin.
Now through this weekend RaceRoom Racing Experience content is up to 70% off, but act fast because the sale ends Monday. Visit the store to see the special holiday pricing.
Along with the sale is a Test Drive Weekend;
A selection of test drive challenges featuring R3E’s hottest content will begin at 1500 CET / 1400 GMT on Thursday.
Set your fastest lap and see how you stack up against RaceRoom’s worldwide racing community.
Car Model Track Event Begins Duration
RUF RT12R Bathurst Thu, 12 December 24 Hours
Audi R8 LMS Ultra Suzuka Fri, 13 December 24 Hours
Zakspeed Capri RR Hillclimb Sat, 14 December 33 Hours
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Looks like the race is on to get MP running in R3E.
Worried about AC much you think?

http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-dev-blog-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'm liking what I've read here: http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-dev-blog-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think this also sums up RRRE well, I too also love the easy pick & play aspect of it: http://www.bsimracing.com/raceroom-raci ... dissapear/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Their tongue in check attitude with this little teaser is also refreshing.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

R3E MP Alpha coming soon: http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-dev-blog-5/
What I find interesting is they say it will be at least 1 month away & restricted to a limited number of users, so full MP is probably a way off yet, this seems reasonable & I can't help think this is why MP in AC is still some way off yet...?

This is also in the works = sweet!!!

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Circuit Paul Ricard coming to RRRE: http://insider.simbin.com/dev-blog-circuit-paul-ricard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Ricard has been ignored by most racing games, but R3E will give us the finest opportunity to race on this motorsport history masterpiece!

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New Dev Blog: http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-dev-blog-8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corner Marker Update

All R3E tracks have now been updated for the corner marker toggle. Only the 9 DTM Experience tracks remain. We will have a few weeks of delay with rolling out these DTM Experience tracks to optimize them a bit better.

Current Focus in the Studio

Our first priority right now is wrapping up Multiplayer Alpha which will be available to DTM Experience season pass holders in just a few weeks.

We are done with all the needed implementations and the servers are now running fully compatible with our Online Protocol system. The stability is getting there and we are now ironing out a few things mainly in the collisions and position bar areas.

Next, which some of us are working hard on is finishing up the R3E Experience temporary menu that will enable Multiplayer and possibly Single Race with completely refactored AI for R3E.

Multiplayer Alpha Update

Because it’s an Alpha, some of you asked about what limitations it will have. Let me explain what the Multiplayer Alpha version will include. This is of course only for the DTM Experience version. Some of these will not apply to the R3E MP.

Multiplayer Alpha in DTM Experience will include full grid races in DTM tracks.

It will have the DTM overlays and Timing menu you are used to seeing in the Single Race mode. Overlays can of course be toggled off via options.

For Alpha, Black flag rules (same as in current Single Race) can be enabled/disabled by the server.

Mechanical Damage can be enabled/disabled by the server and servers with both options will be available for testing purposes.

DRS can be enabled/disabled by the server and servers with both options will be available.

Car Setup will be available in Get Real difficulty.

All 3 difficulties Novice, Amateur and Get Real will be available and we will have servers running with all of them all the time.

All Sessions are included. However we will mainly enable Practice, Qualify and Race. Warm up and multiple Qualifying sessions will not be enabled most of the time.

Session times will vary. We will have a variety of session lengths for testing purposes. From 5 minutes to 60 minutes, anything goes.

On Alpha, there will be no championship. Once you complete the race on a track you will return to the Server Browser screen after the race results.

On Alpha, there will be no teams, leagues, points system or leaderboards.

Initial test servers will be located in Germany. We will not have servers in different continents on the initial alpha stage. A more global solution is being investigated of course, but so far our tests show that the latency between European players and players from other continents while racing is much better than expected.

As you can see it’s pretty basic hence the Alpha tag :). The main purpose of the Alpha version is to stress test the infrastructure and optimize the server and network code and bandwidth based on the results.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Test drive the Audi 90 quattro: http://insider.simbin.com/driving-devel ... 0-quattro/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We’re making strides to elevate your RaceRoom Racing Experience to the highest levels of authentic race gaming.
Previously in the R3E beta, we established our amateur and novice game modes and now we are working to strengthen Get Real.
With this in mind, we’re proud to introduce you to SimBin’s take on the Audi 90 quattro.
Learn more about this car from Mark Reynolds in the video below, then fire up R3E and experience the car for yourself.
Start the game and visit the Audi 90 quattro dev-drive leaderboard and run as many laps as you like at Hungaroring in this free-to-play event.
The dev-drive runs from May 9, 2014 until May 14, 2014.
The Audi 90 quattro is scheduled for release on May 16, 2014.
Stay tuned to the Insider for information from our physics team on improved controller profiles, force feedback, and more.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Flinty, what's this game like?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It's free to try mate, give it a go. ;)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not as refined as AC but I like it for a bash around.
Again it's another sim still in beta, no MP yet but it has got good potential to be worthy of playing in my opinion.
They also have regular specials of 30%-50% off DLC, that's when I've grabbed what I wanted, like Mt Panorama. ;)
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

More content to try for free: http://insider.simbin.com/adac-gt-maste ... tack-2014/
In a Simbin official press release wrote: SWEDEN, LIDKÖPING, May 09, 2014 – “We allow fans of racing games and of the ADAC GT Masters to join the free competitions via RaceRoom Racing Experience.
This is one small taste of what is to come when we release ADAC GT Masters Experience at the end of this year.” Says Chris Speed, COO at SimBin Studios.
The first ADAC GT-Masters Time-Attack event begins on 09.05.2014 and the final event ends on 05.10.2014.
ADAC GT Masters Time-Attack Schedule:
09.05.2014 – 14.05.2014 Zandvoort
15.05.2014 – 25.05.2014 Lausitzring
26.05.2014 – 08.06.2014 Red Bull Ring
09.06.2014 – 10.08.2014 Slovakia Ring
11.08.2014 – 31.08.2014 Nürburgring
01.09.2014 – 21.09.2014 Sachsenring
22.09.2014 – 05.10.2014 Hockenheimring
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The Audi 90 quattro is so much fun, worth the download just to try it I say... :yes: :yes: :yes:

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

looks pretty awesome... getting now.

Love that guys wheel too, very nice.