Power & Glory 3 + Targa Florio

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Power & Glory 3 + Targa Florio

Post by KNAPPO »

Ok, so I was getting a little bored with iRacing last week and decided to give some of my old offline sims a thrash.
I purchased Race 07 for the Retro mod in late October but wasn't overly impressed with it at the time. I originally wanted to get my hands on Simbin's GT Legends but couldn't find it on Steam and went with Race 07 and the expansion for $5.

Last week I remembered a mod I saw on Inside Sim Racing for GTR2 that looked the goods, Power & Glory 3.

Inside Sim Racing review
2:20 to 7:24 is the section that reviews the mod.

Once the mod was installed I had a quick thrash on Spa and it was begging for some period related content so I downloaded a bunch of old school 60's tracks.
Well they got boring pretty quickly, mainly because I had driven them before in other sims so I had to get a copy of Targa Florio.

WHAT A MONSTER OF A TRACK. :eyepop:
I thought learning the Nordschleife was hard. This makes the green hell look like a club circuit!
Last night I finished my first lap, had to turn damage off to get it done but after the 8-9min mark I was driving blind and had no idea what was ahead. Around the 35 min mark I knew there was a long straight but i dint think it was THAT LONG... Holy schnit that sucker goes for ever and you have no idea where the end is, just that its going to hurt when you get there...

Here is my lap from last night.
72kms 39:09.988 :fall:
[youtube] [/youtube]

Here are the mod links if anyone is interested in giving this beast a thrash.

Power & Glory Mod: http://gtlw.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Targa Florio Main Site: http://www.targa-florio.at/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GTR 2 version: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Power & Glory 3 + Targa Florio

Post by wobblysauce »

what a track...
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Yeah looks great. I only have GT Legends... wonder if it works for that also.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Poo!! GT Legends and Windows 7 = bad. Doesn't work, need to get my hands on the digital copy.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Rots wrote:Poo!! GT Legends and Windows 7 = bad. Doesn't work, need to get my hands on the digital copy.
Try here.

http://www.raceroom.net/specials/gt-legends-revival/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to jump through some hoops, but you get a digital copy of GT Legends without Starforce etc
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

You can get it on steam now, just put the multiplayer code into steam's add a game thing and it will work.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:You can get it on steam now, just put the multiplayer code into steam's add a game thing and it will work.
as far as i know that only work with GTR1/2 but not Legends.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Got it through other means :) I was going to do the revival way as I have my original disk still, but that is to much effort when a quick google revealed other options without starforce.

I had completely forgotten about Starforce, when I rebooted my PC it went into repair mode.

Edit: Found Targa Florio for GT Legends, I will have to give it a go tonight!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

r8response wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:You can get it on steam now, just put the multiplayer code into steam's add a game thing and it will work.
http://insider.simbin.com/retail-owners ... t-legends/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:
r8response wrote:
http://insider.simbin.com/retail-owners ... t-legends/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting.

There is a workaround for the missing Ferrari and Porsche content in GTR2. Think it was on the racedepartment forums.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just noticed both GTR2 and GT legends are US$3.60 each on Steam until the 6th of January, thought you guys might be interested.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

KNAPPO wrote: WHAT A MONSTER OF A TRACK. :eyepop:
I thought learning the Nordschleife was hard. This makes the green hell look like a club circuit!
Last night I finished my first lap, had to turn damage off to get it done but after the 8-9min mark I was driving blind and had no idea what was ahead. Around the 35 min mark I knew there was a long straight but i dint think it was THAT LONG... Holy schnit that sucker goes for ever and you have no idea where the end is, just that its going to hurt when you get there...

Here is my lap from last night.
72kms 39:09.988 :fall:
[youtube] [/youtube]
Now you know what a blind rally is like!
:teach:
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Got around to racing the track, came a cropper on a Hairpin around Campofelice di Roccella on my first try @around 28mins in a Mini 1275s and over heated not much later after going bush and getting stuck behind a fence. FWD and trail braking no assists = fun times.

This is my mission for recovery.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Finished my 2nd lap on Saturday. Shaved a mere 4 mins off my last time to clock a 35 min lap.
I still ran with damage turned off and only had 4 small offs which wasn't too bad given there is some 500+ corners per lap...

Running with damage on is great fun tho. :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Wooo.. Just tried the Allen Moffat Ford Capri , it has a tid more power then the mini...

What class are you racing against on the runs you have been doing? as to compare, stock set?

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

The two laps I've completed were in the Moffat Capri, love that car. 1st attempt was a mixed bag of cars which is in that clip, 2nd attempt was a solo hot lap which was bloody tricky as I had no one to follow.

I change the field up too often as there are not too many grid slots on this track. Had some great races on the Clipsal 500 track for gtr 2 which has some 30+ cars on track. If you start from last you are along side the pit entry.

Edit: Running the stock set in the Capri.