GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

SimBin Studios Returns with GTR3

Post by Duke »

Press Release:
New Start, New Location for SimBin Studios

SimBin Studios, renowned for their racing games is back in business with a brand new UK office in the North-West of England. The Studio is to be headed up by industry veteran, Allan Speed and in collaboration with Sector3 Studios. The focus will be on developing cross-platform titles for the current and next-gen platforms, primarily in the racing genre.

‘We are extremely excited to announce the collaboration with newly formed SimBin Studios UK being headed up by Allan, his industry knowledge and talent network will provide the perfect spring board for our future strategy and let’s not forget the revival of the Simbin name which has a long, rich and successful heritage in delivering some of the best racing titles to date’ said Chris Speed, CEO of Sector3 Studios.

Sector3 Studios and Simbin Studios UK have also partnered up with racing driver Mathias Lauda to provide his expertise, insight, and support for their up and coming racing projects.
Mathias Lauda is an Austrian race driver and is the son of three-time Formula One world champion Niki Lauda.

Sector3 Studios AB is a Swedish game developer currently working on RaceRoom Racing Experience, a F2P title available on Steam and committed to the creation of realistic championship experiences for motorsport series worldwide, including; DTM, ADAC GT Masters, and the WTCC.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: SimBin Studios Returns

Post by Duke »

Thinking this means RaceRoom Racing Experience will be coming to PS..?
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Interesting. The Simbin titles were my favourite standalone sim titles if i'm honest. GTR was sensational.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GTR 3 BY SIMBIN COMING IN 2018 :vibes:
Back in October last year it was announced that the Simbin name would return to the industry. The new development studio is based in a brand new Manchester office in the North-West of England and is headed by former Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe and Route 1 Games producer, Allan Speed. The new Simbin will partner up with the existing Sector3 Studios development team to focus mainly on cross-platform racing games.

Recently, RaceDepartment visited the new Simbin Studios UK offices and sat down with Studio Head Allan Speed. He confirmed that the studio’s first project will be a relaunch of the famous GTR series. Even better so, they revealed that the iconically named GTR3 racing sim is scheduled for release in 2018 as a multi-platform title on the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It is stated that a first playable version of GTR 3 should be in six months time. Allan Speed confirmed that the title will care for both the casual and serious sim racers.

GTR3 will be powered by the famous Unreal 4 game engine and will feature day to night transitions, a dynamic weather system, and a vehicle damage model. At this point, the Simbin UK studio did not yet reveal details about their licensing arrangements. As proof of concept, Racedepartment was allowed to publish two in-game preview screenshots showing us some BMW Z4 GT3 action at the Spa-Francorchamps track.
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Loved the old titles. Hopefully this is a goodun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Had a good read from this today:
https://pretendracecars.net/2017/02/04/ ... ning-tool/

An actually decent write up from one of the PRC boys detailing all the shit that happened with GTR2 and Simbin studios splitting up.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yet more racing images from Unreal 4 engine released by Simbin Studios following the recent GTR 3 reveal.
Again featuring the epic Spa circuit in Belgium, the latest batch of screens show us the Formula One venue playing host to a group of BMW GT3 cars in a variety of lighting conditions, showing off the power of the Unreal 4 graphics engine in shockingly beautiful detail.

With the power of Unreal 4 behind the title, GTR 3 will be able to host a fully scalable time of day transition, giving the studio the opportunity to run proper 24 hour racing with the game simulating the visual differences as the sun drops below the horizon and night takes hold of the circuit.What's more, with Unreal Simbin will now be able to simulate a wide range of weather conditions, to a level previously impossible given the limitations of the technology on offer at the time.

"Well with unreal we will have aquaplaning and water displacement that will affect the handling of the car. Its a great opportunity to move forward the wet weather implementation found in current racing games" said Studio Head Allan Speed.
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Unreal 4 might mean an easier implementation for VR. Will have to watch this.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The sim-racing news sites are in hyperbole around this tweet, leaked by Catalyst Games the Liverpool based Game Production Service Company & not SIMBIN Studios themselves.
"has GTR3 obtained WEC & IMSA licences", "tweet shows both WEC & IMSA cars","will it include the prototype classes?"
"will it feature night and day transitions, and will it contain the world famous 24 Hour of Le Mans as a gaming event?"
"will it be a direct competitor to Assetto Corsa Competizione?"

Suffice to say it is another GT3/GTE based sim but then it had to be given it's name...
Dukester

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I had no idea GTR3 had been revived. WEC would be more interesting than just GT3 to me. If they have IMSA as well it would give a good mix of tracks. If they add modding support as well it could give ACC a hard time.

Wonder if PC2 is the last sim we'll see with a wide variety of content for a while.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Seems that tweet might be bullshit or someone fucked up and leaked.

Nothing official has been put out by Simbin or Sector3 themselves.
There's no exhibitor listing for Simbin, Sector3 or catalyst games at gamescom
Says it's an FIA WEC game but shows IMSA and SuperGT car skins
Catalyst Games are an outsourcing game dev company who simbin might have used to build the current assets. Maybe they're going to show what they produced on the industry side of the show, but nothing for the consumer side?

First reply to the tweet is from a producer at Sector3 giving it a WTF
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

hahaha, love it.

One thing is for sure, SIMBIN are developing something & it is expected to be in the realm of their previous offerings which many hope will be GTR3.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SimBin Studios UK published a new Mercedes AMG GT3 teaser screenshot prior to & to wish us all a very Happy Christmas.
The hashtags and comments are still confirming a 2019 release of the GTR3 title.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: SimBin Studios Returns with GTR3

Post by Duke »

Last Week, SimBin Studios UK stated that they were getting close to announcing the release date of their upcoming GTR3 Racing Game for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Up until now, the new GTR game project is still somewhat of a mystery. Since the initial announcement, back in 2017, SimBin Studios UK has revealed hardly any details regarding the style and content of the game. The past two years they shared a handful of screenshots which may or may not represent the actual GTR3 work in progress.
That might now change, as SimBin Studios UK posted a statement that they will start sharing more official details regarding GTR3.
Last week, Simbin posted a very cool screenshot showcasing a Porsche GT3 during a wet night session.
This week they added 3 new GTR3 in-game screenshots to their latest post, showing us a Bentley Continental GT3 and an Audi RR8 LMS GT3 in action at the Nürburgring GP track.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: SimBin Studios Returns with GTR3

Post by Duke »

Still waiting to see it before I believe it...

Dukester