Race 07

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
kiwigene

Problem running dedicated server

Post by kiwigene »

Anyone had troubles with setting up a dedicated server using the Demo version?
My pings seem to sit on 5000ms which I guess is maxed out. Am I missing a
trick to get a good low latency connection? I've got the standard Steam
ports (27015,27020) forwarded. Help?
Batt3mpire

Re: Race 07

Post by Batt3mpire »

Ive had this quite awhile but only just found these forums.
Its quite good and very playable with keyboard. ( I dont have a wheel).
If you purchase a boxed version you haver the choice of online or offline installation. you dont need steam.
There is a small update to it from the original game, you can get this thru steam if you like.
dedicated server is quite good.

graphicaly awsome. physics are excellent, damage models very realistic.
boxed version has over 300 cars in 9 classes , Includes WTCC 2007/2006/ 1987 seasons, Formula 3000, Formula BMW, Mini Cooper challenge, the radical sr3/ sr4 in various configurationsas well as Caterham csr 200/ 260/ 320 concept.
17 Tracks with various configurations making 32 Tracks in all.
well worth the $20 I paid for it. :yikes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yeah I noticed this in JB HiFi today for $20 and wasn't sure if it was worth it. Still not sure tbh even after reading this thread.
I have a gift voucher that will cover this, so it is worth me blowing it on a copy?
Will I get enough from it playing it offline, are the AI any good or is there a progression type gameplay?
Are there any leagues still running and if so where and how many racers can I expect to find?

By way of background I am a big fan of LFS & GPL but don't care to much for rFactor and its dodgy feel & horrid FFB, so not sure about this title given it is a similar engine to rF iirc.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

With the release of iRacing i seriously wouldn't bother Flinty. Race' online community is non-existent.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

r8response wrote:With the release of iRacing i seriously wouldn't bother Flinty. Race' online community is non-existent.
I sort of figured but since it will basically be free and I can't use the JB Gift Voucher on iRacing I thought it might be worth it for a bit of offline fun and refreshing change from LFS / GPL etc.
Dukester

Batt3mpire

Post by Batt3mpire »

iRacing eh.
Another pay by the month game. :no: :rofl:
If your willing to pay to continualy use it go right ahead. :lol:
I personaly wont pay a monthly subscription fee to play a game !!!! :yikes:
No matter how good the developer tells me it is...
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

r8response wrote:With the release of iRacing i seriously wouldn't bother Flinty. Race' online community is non-existent.
2 things are stopping me from even looking at iRacing, no offline driving, just for the fun of it without the worry of crashing and it affecting ranking or whatever they call it. And if i do decide to race online, i would like to be able to choose what tracks i race. Not only are we paying through the nose for it, but we have little choice over what we do with it. We are iRacing's biatch at the moment :p
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

what do you play w00dsy? i cant remember having the honour of lapping with you man?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

w00dsy wrote:
2 things are stopping me from even looking at iRacing, no offline driving, just for the fun of it without the worry of crashing and it affecting ranking or whatever they call it. And if i do decide to race online, i would like to be able to choose what tracks i race. Not only are we paying through the nose for it, but we have little choice over what we do with it. We are iRacing's biatch at the moment :p
wrong thread to clarify but iRacing can be driven offline if you really wanted to but you need to be online to connect. This validates the install but after that you could in theory pull the plug on your modem.
Even so, being online or 'offline' there is a test mode where you can go sick and not hurt your rating. This is where you find the limit etc. There is no AI and you are on your own in test mode. It is simply practise.
Having said all that, I doubt iRacing would be for you Jase as I dont see value for money in what they offer Vs what you want. :yes:
--------------
Stu
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

cheers Stu i wasn't aware of that feature, i assumed it was all online multi player racing. I prefer racing the ai. And yeah i don't think this is for me at the moment. i'm too casual to pay $100 a year.

Sin, i do a bit of everything, GPL, LFS, rFactor, Race 07, GTL, GTR2. But mostly offline usually.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

by the way not worth buying now, as unless you use the steam version the CD version of GTR evo will come with race07
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GT VIRUS wrote:by the way not worth buying now, as unless you use the steam version the CD version of GTR evo will come with race07
Thanks GT Virus, Yeah I noticed that on the GTR Evo thread and decided I would not buy Race 07 and will keep an interested eye on its release and user reviews once ppl have played it. With it having the Nurby I think it will be a must buy but I will play a waiting game for now.
Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Flinty72 wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:but I will play a waiting game for now.
What kind of racing game is that? :lol:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Racing Legends
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rofl: :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Anyone know if its possible to play this without using steam? I have downloaded the demo to see if it will run on my pc, but am having constant issues with that crappy steam program. Am just after a offline racing sim and though i'd give this a crack, but I cant be fucked messing round with this steam bullshit.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

if you dont want to play online at all. Race07 will do an offline install (no steam) but you cant then decide to race online
--------------
Stu
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep & GTR Evo (which includes Race '07) also has the same offline option @ install iirc.
Dukester

thornz

Post by thornz »

Excellent, I also wanna run race 07 to see if my pc will handle gtr evo. By the looks of things, if it runs race 07 it should be fine with gtr evo.

Cheers guys