GTR2 - Who's playing?

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Enforcer-J

GTR2 - Who's playing?

Post by Enforcer-J »

Just wondering if theres many active GTR2 drivers within the Arse Community......and if theres more than a few of us would anyone be keen for some organised racing?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i'm starting to like it more and more.. my biggest issue now is just tinkering with the FF until i get something that feels right, its getting there tho. Dunno if i could be arsed racing propperly tho
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I have it installed, but haven't done many laps. probably count them on 1 hand. saw it at K-Mart on special for $20.

Just to change the subject a little. there is a mod group who are converting GTL to run in rFactor, Simbin must be aware of it by now. But the thing is, they're putting a check into the installation where you must own the GTL cd to install. So far it looks the goods

http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID ... ring%20car
pogo

Post by pogo »

It might be worthwhile heading over to ASRG EJ, they seem to have a regular GTR2 series.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Don't XGN run GTR2 aswell? And for free. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I'd be keen for a race or two.
Im crap, but loving the game :)

*edit*

I also own GTL, whats the point of running a GTL mod in GTR2?
New content?
Better netcode?
:shrug:
Steve
---
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

SE1Z wrote: I also own GTL, whats the point of running a GTL mod in GTR2?
New content?
Better netcode?
Better Netcode, more tracks (better tracks) no starforce, more cars. Definetly better support

Finally being able to run the GT40 on VLM's brilliant Le Man's :yes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

SE1Z wrote:I'd be keen for a race or two.

*edit*

New content?
Better netcode?
It's not a straight port. The models are used and the physics have been used as a starting point. The mod actually represents the cars as they were back in their day. Bias ply tyres etc. Whole series are being recreated so there are the Porsche IROC cars with fixed setups aswell as the different GT and touring car series. GTR2 also means we get wet weather. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Crankcase

Post by Crankcase »

SE1Z wrote:I'd be keen for a race or two.

*edit*

New content?
Better netcode?
I thought this mod is for rFactor not GTR2 ???
Beer is very good for you
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I have been addicted to GTR2 ever since I built my new PC about 2 months ago now.
Been playing off line against the AI a lot lately (more that LFS) :fall:

I wouldn’t mind racing it against a few ARSE’s but ive never played it online since I bought it so this might be a good excuse. At the moment GTR2 is solving my urge to race on some real tracks with some cars based on real models.

Gonna have to check out the GTR2 section of ASRG tonight, cheers for the heads up.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

I've played it occasionally but only offline. I recommend XGN too as a place to find good online racing with Simbin games. Most fun I've had was with the G class cars. A Gillet race might be good fun.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Crankcase wrote:I thought this mod is for rFactor not GTR2 ???
I think there is 2
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm currently racing in the XGN league but I was curious to see if any Arsepians play the game. The XGN league is pretty good with quality racing and an equally good quality mix of drivers. The netcode does let the game down though (server crashes often) but it seems like it either works on a combo (of mods) or it doesnt, so atleast its predictable. The GTR2 scene in Australia seems a bit quiet though I'm just wondering where everyone else was at.
I think theres a vacant spot or 2 available in the XGN league at the moment but you wont be able to enter after this weekend (why this is the case makes no sense to me) but get in quick if you're interested.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i'm up for a fang.
Speed

Post by Speed »

I've played a little.
The Caterham mod is superb. :yes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Speed wrote:I've played a little.
Is it developed for GTR2 or is it a conversion from rFactor or RACE?
Speed

Post by Speed »

Exar Kun wrote:
Speed wrote:I've played a little.
Is it developed for GTR2 or is it a conversion from rFactor or RACE?
Looks like it's a conversion from Race, I came across it via the No Grip forums.

I have rFactor but haven't tried the Caterham mod for that, so I can't say how it compares & I don't have Race but I'm pretty keen to get Race '07 when it's released.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cool, if it's from RACE then i'd imagine the colour pallette would match much better with GTR2 than if it came from rF. I wonder if they used the RACE physics or just the models?
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

we have a fun run wednesday nites if anyone is interested/ can make it. Usually race the NGT's but have a go at anything that takes our fancy.

its not a comp, just a buncha blokes having a bit of fun. all welcome. if you want more details just ask. :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Do you use the standard cars (eg Skins) and tracks Blues?
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

standard cars yes......tracks no.....we mainly use d/loaded tracks and occasionally use the standard tracks, especially if we get a d/loaded track that may have issues.
Details of what track we are using are usually found on the day over at ASRG forums http://www.asrg.org/forum/viewforum.php ... 2dc9b87b92

Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

GTR2 has just about taken every spare moment I have, racing online in pick up races you have to take the good with the bad... I went looking for more competition and became a paid up member of ASRG. The standard of the driving/racing is supurb with well organised comps.

In the last series as an example Darren Baker and I ran nose to tail and/or side by side for 30 laps and with the total of corners for the race being in excess of 450 we only touched once.

being a loooong time member of ARSE I still run with Blues, Taz and RJ on Wednesday nights for a heap of fun.... drop on by n' join in, the more the merrier

cheers, Johnno
he who hesitates..... is lost
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

i found a copy of GTR2 at the local KMart for a whopping $4 (yes, FOUR dollars!) so once uni exams ill be keen as for some GTR2 :D

might be about for the odd race between the assignment rush and exams, then be about after exams, so early november... :(

Blues; who are your fun-runs organised through? i wouldnt mind having a crack at one when i get some time :)
Now with Added Flickr
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ASRG Matt....though we don't use their server, which means you dont have to be a paid member.....we just use one of the guys who has a fast connection to put up a server....we dont have alota guys (usually less than 10 ) so we dont get many probs with lag etc.....tracks are posted on the ASRG forums and we usually start around 8.45-9pm.

Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

The post for tonights racing has gone up over at the ASRG forums, if theres ever a track I wanted to be converted to GTR2 it's Zandvoort 67'.... looks like my wait is over.

hope to see a few of you this evening.

cheers, Johnno
he who hesitates..... is lost