need a different download site.... too slow
steam :tilt:
--------------
Stu
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

hehe
finally got it :)

I like it... runs pretty bloody well too!
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gave it a whirl. The F3000s are a real blast. Thoroughly enjoy them. Couldn't really give two stuffs about the WTCC stuff. Pretty boring cars to drive in a sim I reckon. Might be more fun multiplayer but there isn't any real depth to their handling.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Exar Kun wrote:Gave it a whirl. The F3000s are a real blast. Thoroughly enjoy them. Couldn't really give two stuffs about the WTCC stuff. Pretty boring cars to drive in a sim I reckon. Might be more fun multiplayer but there isn't any real depth to their handling.
well I was barring up at the thought of the F3000. and wasnt overly keen on the WTCC. Sound familiar Mick? :)

Well let me tell you that online the WTCC cars are a real treat. Even when there are only 2 types of car. I look forward to more online goodness with this one.
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Fair enough - I might give them a go. Hopefully full release isn't too far away so we can try some more tracks and give the radicals and caterhams a go.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i have an issue, i can't leave the pits. I can cycle through all gears and rev it to the limiter, yet it just sits there. The pit wall looks nice :p
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

assign a clutch???
--------------
Stu
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

good work Stu, assigning a clutch did the trick. It's quite a good game. The F3000's are a bit of a handful. The only negative i have is Steam.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

w00dsy wrote:good work Stu, assigning a clutch did the trick. It's quite a good game. The F3000's are a bit of a handful. The only negative i have is Steam.
nice :)

Try turning off all aids, and go to Brands Hatch in 'pissing down' mode. Thats a handful :)
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bauer wrote:
w00dsy wrote:good work Stu, assigning a clutch did the trick. It's quite a good game. The F3000's are a bit of a handful. The only negative i have is Steam.
nice :)

Try turning off all aids, and go to Brands Hatch in 'pissing down' mode. Thats a handful :)
Yeah first thing to do is hit f1-f2-f3-f4-f5 then go ;) It's a pretty good game imho. Just had a rainy session with a few mates online, it was a hoot!

Guys we're setting up a demo server for clean fun at XGN I'll prolly have more control over it tomorrow and set up some F3000 fun in the daytime.
If anybody feels like joining and needs the password, please head over to the xgn forums and register there, (then pm me). They ask for this, but that's all, otherwise it's all free.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

pretty good fun, tried F3000 on slicks in the rain hahahaha 4th gear is useless :o :D
Hello :aussie:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I really like it, all aids off and it's great.

Nice graphics :)

Might come along tomorrow ysu :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah found a bummer; we cannot set up f3000 dedi just yet - I guess they messed up something in the prog....well, still, for a bit of beemer/seat fun in the early afternoon?

by the way...have you guys noticed that the driver's legs are moving nicely on the pedals? :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Shaun wrote:pretty good fun, tried F3000 on slicks in the rain hahahaha 4th gear is useless :o :D

you got to 4th gear!? im sitting behind my DFP trying to spin it quick enough to catch the slides in 2nd rofl
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i finished qual at Brands in the F3000 and then it went to the grid list and it wouldn't go anywhere from there, the 'continue' button never lit up and i wasn't able to get back out of the game. I had to give it the 3 finger salute. Bloody hell these F3000's are a fun beast to try and handle though. It reminds me of the Lotus 49 all over again.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

w00dsy wrote:i finished qual at Brands in the F3000 and then it went to the grid list and it wouldn't go anywhere from there, the 'continue' button never lit up and i wasn't able to get back out of the game. I had to give it the 3 finger salute. Bloody hell these F3000's are a fun beast to try and handle though. It reminds me of the Lotus 49 all over again.

Yeah, I had that too. You can't let it finish qualifying like that. Have to hit continue whilst in the garage before the end of the session.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Hhhhmmm didn't like it tooooo much tbh, might have to give it another crack later on
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Simbin have always set their demos to semi pro physics. Anyone know if this is the same?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Doesn't look like it, as theres the choice of novice-am-pro settings. Not that it changes the physics, just changes the allowed aids
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I had a go at the demo last night and it wouldn't run properly for me. The graphics were all weird colours and my windscreen was opaque in places, making it impossible to see through.

I had a quick go at trying to find the minimum requirements but couldn't find anything on their "exiting" website. Does anyone have any more info?

(by the way, I'm running a Radeon 9800 pro and p4 2.8 Ghz CPU.)