"Power & Glory - 60s Tourismo" released for GT

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

"Power & Glory - 60s Tourismo" released for GT

Post by Exar Kun »

For those that don't know, this is a mod that's being released in parts that at its most basic level takes the cars from GTL and puts them in GTR2 - so you get wet weather and don't have to deal with Starforce etc. But it also represents the cars as they ran back in the 60s/70s, not as they run in current historic series. So you get bias ply tyres and a few more tweaks here and there. You'll need the GTL DVD to install it as it has been sanctioned by Blimey.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthr ... ost3547737
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Got it and love it, pity there are not more Aussie cars but that understandable, an EH S4 would rock!
I wonder what Aussie content the 70s TC will have!
XLV SPORT
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Where does one get the appropriate tracks for these cars?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
richo

Post by richo »

I loved GTL , only simbin/blimey/isi game that i have enjoyed

Still had that weird pivot in the middle type feel to it, but the cars and sounds were awesome.

If anyone has installed this yet can they let us know what its like?
[]D [] []v[] []D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

cool
downloading now :)
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Jamo wrote:Where does one get the appropriate tracks for these cars?
Best bet is at http://www.nogripracing.com/ dude. There's a couple of GPL conversions there.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Well.... that was fun!

Took my Porsche out in the rain with 20 ai in random cars.
It feels really nice!

It was also great to have a crack at these older cars in the rain....

Two thumbs up from me :D
Steve
---
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Doesn't seem to work for me. I install it just fine and it says it's all good but I fire up GTR2 and it's all the same. How do I enable the mod????

Actually in custom championship's there's now a race at Riverside but I don't have Riverside.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Jamo wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me. I install it just fine and it says it's all good but I fire up GTR2 and it's all the same. How do I enable the mod????

Actually in custom championship's there's now a race at Riverside but I don't have Riverside.
You should have more car classes to pick from now.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Yep I figured it out. Shows how much I've played GTR eh LOL.

The 911 is farken awesome, first time I've seen one properly modelled. It's the evil beast it should be.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Finally took my G25 home and set it up, messy bloody thing I dunno how I'm gonna live with it yet.

Anyhoo how do you play as a proper manual?
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Anyhoo since none of you bastards know how to set the gears up properly how about this problem.

Say I qualify 3rd, ok I wait to the Qually session is over all cars are back in pits and I click Go to Race. I'm now seemingly randomly 15th on the grid. What the fark is going on there. Last time I qualified on pole and it stuck me in 3rd, farken annoying.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

to get full gears all you do is in the controls there is one section i cant tell u what it is called as i am at school and dont remember, you have to set each individual gear as a button, also open up the PLR file and find the gear hold select option and set it to one (not sure if thats what its called something like that)
Hello :aussie:
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Cheers Shaun I'll give that a try.
Though am I alone in thinking the shifter for the G25 is shithouse quality wise in comparison with the wheel/pedals?

Anyone have any idea what's going wrong with the Qually issue? I'm really diggin this mod, first sim I've seriously got into since GPL! But that little problem is souring it for me somewhat.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Once again cant check just at the moment but I think there is a setting somewhere in the race setup that sets the grid to random.
XLV SPORT
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Yeah that worked with the gears but I reckon the shifter is pure shite so I'll stick with the paddles I think. Can you disconnect the shifter on the g25 without an issue?

With the Qually thing it is on random but that is greyed out when you do a qualifying session. I'm stumped.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i found the G25 shifter to be fine. it seems a little bit weak but its copped a beating, cant say the same thing for the whole wheel, im onto my 3rd in a year..first time one of the motors got damaged somehow and it wouldnt hold centre because of it, second one the fridge changed cycle and the wheel lost all power. never got power back to it :p
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

double post fails