Just got G25. Question about Brake Pedal

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
coneman

Just got G25. Question about Brake Pedal

Post by coneman »

Gidday how's it goin' all

Just got my G25 wheel. Wow...what a difference it makes in GTR2. Gotta learn to drive all over again (used to a formula vibration).

All I did was lower the FF to 25% (gonna play with that) in game and steering degrees to 540 in profiler...Beautiful.

Does anyone know if you can adjust the pressure on the brake pedal, it's a little hard?

First time at practice with G25 did 1:46:483 at Anderstorp 03 in a Lotus Elise (standard setup), is that any good?

Anyway gunna go do some more practice so I can maybe see youse on the track soon.

Seeya
Last edited by coneman on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Adjust brake pedal? Dont know of anything, a bush mechanics fix would be to use the clutch pedal as a brake, which a lot of people did initially as it was such a change from what had been offered previously.
I understand what you mean, it is a rude shock with how much extra force it takes but give it a week and you will be used to it and after that you will actually love it, it makes modulating the brake pressure much easier.
The other thing to consider is the warranty, if you modify it you may lose it and while it doesn't happen a lot, some people have certainly had issues with buttons etc so keeping it original for at least the first 12 months may not be a bad idea.
XLV SPORT
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Give it a try for a while.
You'd be suprised how quickly you get used to it.
Give it a few weeks.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

coneman

Post by coneman »

Update

Ergonomics 101. Make sure pedals are in proper position!

Did That. Adjusted brake bias toward the front a little. Lap time dropped to 1:44:965.

Still a long way to go but getting there.