M3 Skin Help/Advice Sought

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Jiminee

M3 Skin Help/Advice Sought

Post by Jiminee »

Afternoon guys
Been spending the last week working away on a replica of the Brock BMW M3 skin for Race07 and I am pretty happy with the result except for the trouble I am having with getting the stripes to look right on the front guards. I have tried a few different techniques and its ok but I am a pain-in-the-butt perfectionist.

They taper down to a point but getting them to look consistent and neat is what I am having trouble with so any advice on which tools to use or how some you you skinning masters do the artwork component of your cars would be greatly appreciated. I can slap a few logos on and I have mastered the fade layer but thats about it for now. Reproducing lines and shapes on a skin is the next thing I have to get my head around.

Thanks
Jim
XLV SPORT
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Thanks to William Dale Jr (from ten-tenths.com and a TCL painter) and Vilante I got this sorted last night.
Gavkiwi from NoGrip even gave me some windows to use so its all done.
Had some weird looking bright red, shiny suit and helmet initially but a download from RSC and a cut and paste from RaceX fixed that so now its time to kick some ALfa butt!
Thanks guys.
XLV SPORT