GTR Evolution (GTR3 to include "The Green Hell")

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: GTR Evolution (GTR3 to include "The Green Hell")

Post by DexterPunk »

hmmm i have very much the opposite reports coming from another long time sim racer, saying the physics are awesome blah blah...

i myself was a huge fan of GTR/GTR2.... also liked the handling better than ISI sims, and rF.... was thinking i might go for a new sim title for the holidays and was concidering picking this up... should i perhaps avoid it? If i loved GTR2 will i like this? One thing ive learnt over years of simming in the passed, was that what to one person feels unrealistic and crap, feels awesome to another.
thornz

Post by thornz »

DexterPunk wrote:hmmm i have very much the opposite reports coming from another long time sim racer, saying the physics are awesome blah blah...

i myself was a huge fan of GTR/GTR2.... also liked the handling better than ISI sims, and rF.... was thinking i might go for a new sim title for the holidays and was concidering picking this up... should i perhaps avoid it? If i loved GTR2 will i like this? One thing ive learnt over years of simming in the passed, was that what to one person feels unrealistic and crap, feels awesome to another.
I think you answered your own question there. The only way you are going to find out is by giving it a go yourself.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah i guess the issue is there, that i cant afford to go out spending 60 odd bucks of something that doesnt interest me. Ill give the demo a bash at some point, although im not sure how much of a tast that will be.. netcode was always the downfall of GTR/GTR2.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

ok so i bought it for about 26 bucks off steam.... actually first time im having fun in a sim in a long time (besides RBR)... the cars slide can slide and be caught unlike some previous ISI sims.. im really quite liking the physics and having a blast.. havnt even done any online racing yet, but the caterham around nords is fantastic fun.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It may well worth ~ $30 :)

Edit; in fact if you own race07 it costs only $18 US with the current steam sale going on - I'm off to buy it :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?