Computer and electronic gizmo support.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Speedy internet!

Post by r8response »

My connection on 31/12/15

And as it is now...

If we'd had a proper NBN, you could have moved into almost any house and been guaranteed a stable, working internet connection. Instead we have to deal with this shit... Can't even watch a 720p video on youtube. More than one person trying to browse a simple webpage? Fucking forget it.

Of course, the deadshits at Telstra have no fucking clue. "Sir, we've determined that it's your modem at fault" Sure as shit, it fucking well isn't. There is a line profile that has been applied automatically that has fucked my speed.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Got the same speed here.. but from a solid 5months on-line connections, to multiple daily net drops.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

What connection is that with r8? Adsl2 i guess? That sucks man massive drop id be angry

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

What if the NBN could do it too? My 25/5 FTTP connection struggles to do 15mbit during peak times.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

It's almost as if they weren't prepared for the increase in bandwidth requirements...

The FTTN threads at Whirlpool are a good example of this.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I still think they'll skimp on the hub bandwidth (Shonky's comment) because the current government doesn't want their budget blown out by spending what's really required.

Labor seemed okay with taking the budget hit now, with the view returns would gained in following years.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Money needs to be spent, nothing can stop it.

https://delimiter.com.au/2016/01/21/tel ... ew-copper/
Telstra says Govt policy forcing it to deploy brand new copper instead of fibre.

And there is still some brand new housing estates.. that are using split copper to the house(cant get even ADSL2)..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

wobblysauce wrote:Money needs to be spent, nothing can stop it.
And I agree with you, right up to the "can't be stopped" part. It's being stopped right now. Rather than future proofing like you said they're deploying copper.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Indeed, still spending money though.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Got informed today that our apartment building will be getting NBN Fttb anywhere between now and September.

Happy days!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Finally!

Before and after
after.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Wait until TPG oversubscribe the area (like they always do), we'll be laughing... He'll be crying.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Got them building where I am also, can't wait for them to start rolling down my street.. oh wait, I am already waiting.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Brett_S

Re: RE: Re: Speedy internet!

Post by Brett_S »

r8response wrote:Wait until TPG oversubscribe the area (like they always do), we'll be laughing... He'll be crying.
Yeah that is a concern. We got them to do a 12 month contract instead of the normal 18.

Loving the new speed tho.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Looks like the nearest FTTN cabinet is about 700m away (using actual cable maps). So I should be good for not much more than 20mbps (if I'm lucky).

But don't you worry, the CEO of NBN is full of..... bullshit. Seen more than enough places that won't get anywhere near 20mpbs unless NBN does a shit load of remediation to the existing copper.

The NBN will put Australia in a 'leadership position' as it will be the first continent with universal broadband of at least 25Mbps at all homes, according to the CEO.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Interesting, made me look at some plans for NBN.

Dodo.
$29.90 P/M 10GB
$39.90 P/M 50GB
$59.90 P/M UNLIMITED

Standard, Standard 12/1
+ $10 P/M, Quick - 25/5
+ $40 P/M, Max - 100/40

+$10 Unlimited Call Pack
Unlimited local, national and Australian mobile calls

ADSL2+, Down 15-19MBs, Up 1MBs connection.

Hum.. think I know what my plan will be..

Last few billing periods.. 27th-27th month
Downloaded Uploaded Total
671,200 MB + 43,503 MB = 714,703 MB
692,584 MB + 37,953 MB = 730,537 MB
1,047,382 MB + 65,019 MB = 1,112,401 MB
967,631 MB + 66,021 MB = 1,033,652 MB
611,225 MB + 69,567 MB = 680,792 MB
245,261 MB + 24,122 MB = 269,383 MB(only 11th now)

What are other people on/thinking about?
Last edited by wobblysauce on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I stopped reading after dodo
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Where I am, there the cheapest provider since 2011(no issues with the service in that time), before that was on iiNet(again 0 issues with there service), for close to 10 years just couldn't go any faster being a Telstra node.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

norbs

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:Looks like the nearest FTTN cabinet is about 700m away (using actual cable maps). So I should be good for not much more than 20mbps (if I'm lucky).

But don't you worry, the CEO of NBN is full of..... bullshit. Seen more than enough places that won't get anywhere near 20mpbs unless NBN does a shit load of remediation to the existing copper.

The NBN will put Australia in a 'leadership position' as it will be the first continent with universal broadband of at least 25Mbps at all homes, according to the CEO.

25MBPS to all homes is a disgrace in 2016.
hylas

Post by hylas »

25MB/s would be awesome. 25Mb/s is disgraceful. Ok I'll find my way out now
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I wonder if they're still running with that rule where if your connection hits a good peak speed within a 24 hour period, they're happy.
norbs

Post by norbs »

hylas wrote:25MB/s would be awesome. 25Mb/s is disgraceful. Ok I'll find my way out now
Hey, go fuck yourself. ;)

They all knew what I meant.
hylas

Post by hylas »

norbs wrote:
hylas wrote:25MB/s would be awesome. 25Mb/s is disgraceful. Ok I'll find my way out now
Hey, go fuck yourself. ;)

They all knew what I meant.
:D Couldn't help myself