Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Sarsippius

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by Sarsippius »

Have I beaten Duke on a news post?? :shrug:

CEO of Fanatec on iRacing forums:
Thomas Jackermeier2 wrote:Hey guys,

it seems that there is some interest in this Topic.

It is an open secret that we are working on a DD since quite some time. The products will speak for themselves so there is no need to hype them. Therefore there is not really anything I can tell you at this point.

We are also not looking for betatesters yet. I will let you know when this starts. So far we only do internal testing.

It will be a fully custom solution so things take more time as we need to build everything from scratch. Really everything so this takes some time.

Our target Launch date is this year and we want to have it sooner than later but quality comes first.

As soon as we start shipping the products we will announce all the details.

A DD Wheel will not replace our ClubSport Wheel. We just lowered the price so it stays competitive for a very long time to come.

Bye

Thomas

PS: All your Clubsport steering wheels will be compatible for sure
by the way the other point to this is they've dropped the price of the CSW V2 but I think I'm gonna start saving for the DD.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'll be interested to see what price point they can do their DD wheel for. Hopefully they are aiming for around the $1K mark & if they can hit that, they'll be on a winner I reckon. :pipedream:
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Well considering the CSW V2 has been about $1k and only just now dropped to $830 I think $1k might be a bit low. I'm kinda thinking somewhere between $1.2-1.5k but it's all just a guessing game at the moment.

Interesting, I just notice on their site pre-orders for a set of inverted CSP V3s.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sarsippius wrote:Interesting, I just notice on their site pre-orders for a set of inverted CSP V3s.
And here they are;

Ever since their introduction, the floor mounted Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V3 have made a name for themselves as a high-end cost effective pro pedal set.
While the CSP V3 will suit most sim racers, CSP V3 customers often asked how they could invert their CSP V3 or V2 sets or inquired if there was an upgrade kit available. Fanatec looked at all the possible solutions and decided a conversion kit was not an option because it would be complicated to assemble.

In order to deliver a quality solution, Fanatec now introduces the new ClubSport Pedals V3i. The added letter i stands for “inverted” meaning the pedals are hanging down instead of being mounted on the floor. Thomas Jackermeier who is the CEO of Fanatec explained that the inverted pedal set was originally developed for use in their in-house driving school simulator, but are now becoming a part of the Fanatec product catalog.

Inverted pedals are not new in the sim racing scene. For instance, Thrustmaster has been marketing their T3PA-PRO add-on pedals for quite a while now. Out of the box, the T3PA-PRO pedals can be both floor-mounted or suspended depending on your personal preference.
However, Fanatec took the suspended pedals idea a little further. The ClubSport Pedals V3i unit is designed as two hanging pedals and one floor mounted pedal, as opposed to the more common pedals systems which invert all three pedals. Thomas explains that they did not just invert the original CSP V3 set, but re-designed the CSP V3i to feature exactly the same ergonomics as in a sports car.

Changes to the regular CSP V3:
Clutch and brake pedals are inverted
More travel and different mechanics used on the clutch pedal
The CSP V3i comes with damper kit pre-installed on the brake
A longer heel rest
A wider distance between the individual pedals
All the other pedal features are the same as with the CSP V3. Fanatec decided to use the PU foam and damper kit instead of the Eladur springs. This will give the pedals a more realistic travel and feel. For those who want a stiffer or ultra stiff feel, Fanatec can provide you with an optional brake performance kit. The CSP V3i unit should fit easily into most sim racing cockpits because it has the same footprint as the original CSP V3.

Price and availability:
The ClubSport Pedal V3i (inverted) are on sale for 599.95€ Incl. 19% VAT. Orders are ready to ship in the EU and USA/Canada. Customers from Australia and Japan will have to wait a little longer. We will keep you posted when we receive more info or a shipping date.

Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3i Features List:
Turning points of brake and clutch on top side like in real cars
High-resolution pedals with magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance
Pressure sensitive brake with custom made 90 kg load cell sensor
Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools
12bit resolution (4096 values) on all axis
Alternative D-shape race plates in curved design
Pedal extension to adjust the angle of the pedal plate and to change the angle of the whole pedal arm
Brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
Vibration motor on throttle pedal indicates rear wheel spin and oversteer (control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
Vibration motor on brake pedal to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires (controlled by Fanatec wheels: Compatible to all games. Dynamic control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
The design of the gas pedal allows quick exchange of the springs. Two springs with different strength are included
Damper Kit assembled out-of-box at brake, optional damper kit for gas sold separately. The hydraulic dampening resistance can easily be adjusted with a knob
Full multi-platform compatibility, depending solely on the platform compatibilities of the connected Wheel Base/Racing Wheel
Full metal construction of CNC-machined aluminum
Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strength at throttle, brake sensitivity, brake-travel
Compatible with the color kits to allow perfect optimal customization (Note: color kit footrest is shorter than standard V3i footrest!)

Compatibility
Compatible with any Fanatec Wheel Base or Racing Wheel with RJ12 Pedals connector. To connect Fanatec Wheels with PS/2 Pedal Socket, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable.
Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit
Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Damper Kit (Throttle Pedal)
Dedicated plug for the ClubSport Handbrake
The pedals are not compatible with the ClubSport USB Adapter. Please use the included USB connector (PC only).

Platforms:
PC: If you connect it to a Fanatec Wheel Base/Racing Wheel it will be compatible with all the supported racing games. Please check the compatibility details on the product page of the connected product.
It will work with any racing wheel, also of any other brand (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc), if the pedals are connected to PC via USB and if the game supports a second controller. E.g. these PC games support a second USB controller.
iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Project Cars
GTR 2
Race 07
rFactor
Live for Speed
…and many others
Consoles: This pedal set can be used on gaming consoles when connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel. Please check the Fanatec product info page The It will not work on consoles using the direct USB Connection or a ClubSport USB Adapter.
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Alright guys, the rig is taking shape..now have a next level wheelstand. Unfortunately no space for a full cockpit so the ak racing chair will need to suffice.

Next up is new wheel and pedals.

I thought i was decided with the v3 pedals but ive since come across these CSL elite pedals which are cheaper and the guy on ISRTV basically said the load cell on these trumps the v3 pedals. I really dont know.

Anyone with v3s have the damper and brake performance kit together?. (it adds like an extra $200 onto an already $500 set of pedals).

Anyone tried both or have any input?.

Cheers all
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

RenZ has the CSL's & loves them, especially the brake feel.
I have used them while trying out his Rift but honestly I wasn't rely focused on them at the time.
If you do go the CSL's make sure to buy the additional brake mod kit, as Jon said it made a huge difference in the ISRTV comparison he did. ;)
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Cheers bud. God damn. Im gonna have to toss a coin
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

He is my response on a PM from Timmy.. light review of the CSL Elites (remember I don't have much to compare them to).

yeah I have CSL Elites, I think they are great pedals and they were very easy for me to mount on the crappy NextLevel GTPro rig. I haven't used any other Fanatec pedals before so have nothing to compare. I have used G25/7 pedals (inc with loadcell added) and the Thrustmaster T3PA PROs.

The loadcell works great and is adjustable in software, playing with different combination of rubbers is fun too. There are a few things I think can be improved though.

1. The clutch and accel are geared to the pot, this has proven to be a bit of a fluff magnet and needs a good blow every now and then (I have a cat)
2. The accelerator pedal is too high to heal toe properly, adding a sticky backed rubber piece at the front of the pedal fixes the issue. You can then match the brake pedal travel to the location of the accel pedal under full braking.
3. The surface is slippery as hell with socks on, I use cloth tape to add some grip. Before that I was actually slipping off the top of the brake pedal. All the stuff that came in the box is too grippy, I like something in between.
4. The pedals are quite close together on even the widest setting, closer than the T3PA PROs by quite a bit. You could mount the pedals individually to your rig if you could be bothered to fix this issue. I have just got used to it (it makes point 2 more important because its easier to overlap the pedals if they are at the wrong height).

Overall I like the pedals and think they are good for the price, I am definitely more consistent and faster in iRacing because trail braking is SOO much easier and more accurate.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Thanks Renz. Ordered them last night.

Also ordered CSW V2 with the formula black rim. Does anybody here have a CSW and if so does anyone have settings for the wheel/in game (iracing) they care to share?.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hit Darren & KNAPPO up mate, I know both have had & I think still use a CSW but I'm not sure which version...
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Is hard to take a bloke who drives with ideal line turned on seriously.

And I hope the videos showing the VR stuff were out of sync or that was the worst input lag I have ever seen.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yeah but that motion sim is wicked & he is correct that motion with VR is as close as you can get to the real thing right now.
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

renesis37 wrote:3. The surface is slippery as hell with socks on, I use cloth tape to add some grip. Before that I was actually slipping off the top of the brake pedal. All the stuff that came in the box is too grippy, I like something in between.
The CSW V2 pedals were much the same, I used some strips of velcro tape, just the hook side.

I use karting boots now with the HE Pros. It's something worth considering once you go to a load cell brake as the forces are higher, I rfb and the ball of my foot used to get sore, particularly when heel'n toeing.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I get hot enough driving without wearing gloves and boots like some guys do. However im seriously considering gloves with the alacantera.
norbs

Post by norbs »

TIMMY30 wrote:I get hot enough driving without wearing gloves and boots like some guys do. However im seriously considering gloves with the alacantera.
The local guy had to stop using his Vive because of the heat the last week.

The alcantera can be cleaned easily enough. I do mine once a month and it is great.
pab

Post by pab »

So what is your alacantra cleaning routine Norbs? Been thinking my wheel needs a clean (I use gloves with it but it's starting to look a bit worn), so keen to hear what people do to clean them.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I posted this previously - The alcantara care guide straight from the manufacturer:

http://www.alcantara.com/cms-web/upl/do ... oprint.pdf

The stitching has started to come loose on my BMW GT2 rim around where my thumbs go. It is my most heavily used rim (since Jan 2013). The Mrs is going to see if she can get some upholstery thread and needles to take care of it for me.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
pab

Post by pab »

Cursed wrote:I posted this previously - The alcantara care guide straight from the manufacturer:
Thanks for that :) So basically wipe it with a damp cloth and then brush with a soft brush. :yes:
PB
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

If you do get some gloves I just grabbed some fingerless cycling gloves so I can still use my fingertips for typing and such.

Gloves and shoes are the least of my worries as far as heat is concerned, luckily up this way all rooms are air conditioned so I don't have to worry too much about working up a sweat, the rift is the main thing, it heat soaks a bit after an hour or two.
norbs

Post by norbs »

pab wrote:So what is your alacantra cleaning routine Norbs? Been thinking my wheel needs a clean (I use gloves with it but it's starting to look a bit worn), so keen to hear what people do to clean them.
This

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/GV7W7u/

Works a treat for me.
pab

Post by pab »

norbs wrote:This
:yes:
PB
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Awesome Sarsi. Fingerless ones sound like a good idea.

On a side note. If anyones interested in a t300rs gt edition i have one for sale!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

LMAO!!! :mj: :clap:

Dukester