Race Sim Tech & Tips

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by Duke »

TIMMY30 wrote:Does anybody here have a CSW and if so does anyone have settings for the wheel/in game (iracing) they care to share?.
These settings might be worth trying mate - CSW v2 settings
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Duke wrote:LMAO!!! :mj: :clap:

That's why I won't go buying Logitech driving kit ever again. The dude looks ridiculous.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Duke wrote:
TIMMY30 wrote:Does anybody here have a CSW and if so does anyone have settings for the wheel/in game (iracing) they care to share?.
These settings might be worth trying mate - CSW v2 settings
Cheers Duke!.

Have you set up your triples yet?. What size,res etc are they?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Planning on setting up triples tomorrow.

Got a few questions.

The gpu im getting (gtx1080) only has 1 dvi port, 1 hdmi and about 4 display ports. If none of my monitors have display port inputs on them will i be ok to use display port-dvi cables?.

The sticky in iracing forums suggests youll only get 1920x1200 max resolution doing that. However the thread is 5 years old.

Also is it best to setup the 3 monitors using the nvidia software?.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah displayport to DVI is problematic as far as I know, I think there are 'active' adapters that are supposed to support higher resolutions but they seemed hit and miss from what I read (and expensive). I got a new monitor for my work pc which was displayport only and I ended up just buying the cheapest gpu I could get with displayport out.

Have you bought the gpu already, any chance of getting a different model?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

All the 1070s and 1080s seem to have 1 dvi,1hdmi and 3 DP.

All 3 monitors take HDMI,DVI and VGA but not DP.

No idea what to do. Havent bought yet thankfully
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The Asus Strix cards have 2xHDMI, 1xDVI, 2xDP. staticice.com.au shows you can get the 1080 for $925 from umart. 1070's are around $650-670.

I haven't tried triples with mine, but I have 2 monitors (1 hdmi, 1 DVI) and the Rift (HDMI) all plugged in without issue.

The gigabyte Aorus has 3xHDMI, 1xDVR, 3xDP. But 2 of those HDMI ports are internal and intended to be used via a front panel which is $50 extra. Skycomp list them for $1004 (looks like no stock), everywhere else is 1100+
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The Strix card could be the go but you need to check the max resolution the monitors will support over hdmi.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Thanks guys. Im gonna wait it out and wait until i know exactly what i want.

On another note. Got the cswv2 and csl lc pedals today.. All i have to say is WOW. This thing is on another level to the t300.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Is there a reason not to use DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

From my.research DP-HDMI is ok. DP-DVI is very hit and miss
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

TIMMY30 wrote:All the 1070s and 1080s seem to have 1 dvi,1hdmi and 3 DP.

All 3 monitors take HDMI,DVI and VGA but not DP.

No idea what to do. Havent bought yet thankfully
Tim, sorry I forgot to reply, I have the monitors but haven't set them up as triples yet. My whole rig needs a reconfig to mount new pedals, the triples & 2 more buttkickers but I am still trying to find time to do it all.

EDIT: With your current config I think you're right & can use a DP to HDMI cable... Assuming you only have or need 60Hz refresh rate.
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Cheers Duke..ive decided to wait it out and save the money for the next gen rift (whenever that is). Bought a 27" screen for the interim. Means i dont have to upgrade the GPU right away either. God knows ive spent enough this week!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

AccuForce V2 Pre-Release Public Test Sign Up
About the AccuForce Pro V2
The AccuForce V2 will be made available in three different packages.
The AccuForce Pro V2 "Complete" ($1299),
The AccuForce Pro V2 "Your Way" ($899+) and
The AccuForce V2 DIY ($704).

The AccuForce Pro V2 offers the same great performance as the V1, utilizing the same highly acclaimed core components (controller, motor, quick release, adjustable button box, Sim Commander software and genuine suede steering wheel).

By optimizing our supply chain, increasing our purchase volumes, removing the slip ring / USB hub and giving the motor enclosure a fresh new look, we're able to offer the V2 at $450-$700 less than the V1 ($1749) without compromising performance.

About the Pre-Release Test
The AccuForce Pro V2 is entering the final Stage of testing, the public pre-release test. Five testers will be chosen to receive an AccuForce Pro V2 Complete. Testers must pay a $699 refundable deposit* + shipping and applicable tax. To apply for the beta, simply complete the application below. If you're chosen to participate, we'll notify you by email including the test time frame, how to purchase and other important details.

SimXperience takes testing very seriously. Testing correctly is an involved and time consuming process. We ask that you not apply if you are unable to dedicate a considerable amount of time to the testing and feedback process.

*At any point in the testing process, SimXperience may request the return of the test product and issue a refund.
ImageImageImage
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Well i guess its my turn to try out fanatecs world famous support. $1100 paperweight.

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Good luck. I've never had any problems dealing with them.

Interesting that its showing the BMW rim. Did it show that or the formula rim when it was working?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Always shows the rim that is attached. So the formula for me.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I mentioned previously that Fanatec are going to release a DD wheel, it looks like there will actually be multiple bases at different strengths. They're aiming for a Q4 release this year.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussio ... rect-drive
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This was just posted on the iRacing forum and Fanatec will have a DD base at the Sim Racing Expo this weekend.
This is the official thread about our new DD wheel bases which are the first products of the Podium series. Podium products are positioned above the ClubSport series and will deliver more performance, functionality, features and durability than any other Fanatec product.

We are aware that there are already excellent products out there in this market so we hope we can contribute a little bit and make our hobby more attractive.

This post will be updated from time to time with the latest info on these products.

What is revealed so far? Most info you can find on my blog https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussio ... t-drive/p1.

Plug&Play comfort

Full compatibility to all racing games and special support thanks to our great relation with the developers

Compatibility to to the full range of Fanatec steering wheels without the need of any modifications

No cable mess on the steering wheel.

Fully certified and therefore no EMI trouble

New software with expert mode for advanced tuning possibilities based on telemetry data

Designed for commercial use with extra connectivity and durability

Pricing and performance will be very competitive in comparison to the current market offerings.

Let me know what you expect from this DD wheel base and I will try to implement it as far as we can.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It will be interesting to see their DD wheel offering, where it sits in the price market & how it integrates into their existing eco-system.
I imagine it'll have to be compatible with all their individual steering wheels.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Crickey it looks proper but also don't think it'll be the anticipated ground breaking price everyone is hoping for. Especially given it has to have a higher price than their CSW range.
Has an lcd display on the base as well.

ImageImage
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

An interview with Thomas, he's a bit of an unusual guy and he doesn't give away a hell of a lot. The interesting thing is the wireless connection for the wheels, I guess part of the hub that the existing wheels connect to must have some transmitter that connects to the base. He says given some speculation on prices most won't be too surprised but at least on the iRacing forum a lot of guys seem to be a bit on the low side to me.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep I agree Sars, this is not going to be the DD wheel priced for the common folk.
But then Thomas never said it was going to be.

So 2 wheel base offerings delivering different maximum torque.
The other thing is the use of an "outrunner" servo which according to some are much better suited to simracing applications. They offer 75% of the torque for 1/4 of the weight & use much less power than the stepper & inner-runner type servo's used in current DD wheels. That alone could prove the game changer in future DD wheels, as from what I've read they also eliminate the EMI issues the other type cause.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

And the best part, it is Fanatec, so you get to send it back a few times under warranty :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Possibly although I think the thing with these DD wheels is the motors are industrial strength and are virtually never going to break down under sim racing loads. There's other components that could fail of course.

On the pricing when you consider the Accurforce v2 base is $900 USD that's probably a good ballpark for the lower Fanatec model.

The EMI thing I think that's less about the motor and more that OSW's are kinda backyard products and haven't had the design go into them or the certification testing to ensure there aren't EMI issues.