Race Sim Tech & Tips

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by Duke »

I've been posting a lot of this type of stuff in my DIY SIm Rig thread but think it would be better to have this thread for us to post Race SIm Tech & Tips.
See this as a place to showcase all things Sim Racing especially new hardware / software that supports the hobby outside of the actual sim racing titles. ;)

I''ll kick it off with the SimXperience AccuForce Wheel - Sneak Peek
The AccuForce is expected to be released later this year, with a price tag of under $2,000USD. :yes:

Last edited by Duke on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by Duke »

In addition to the above here's an interesting article from SimXperience on Force Feedback Myths and Misunderstandings
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I finally got a different spring in my brake pedal for my g27 now. Takes a bit of getting used to but in the long run will be beneficial, the aacl race last night was my first run with it lol
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

OMG!!! But the price...

Parts 1 to 3 are also worth a watch too if you have time.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

From video, It is not a light kit, it is all heavy duty and the motor has 340 lb-ft... $1200-1300 alone. $4300 Total setup to US, meant for professional race teams and drivers.. so Disposable income only.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well now to something a bit more budget minded... I've already emailed them my interest.
The Logitech G27 has one off the most moddable sets of pedals in the industry, with things like adjustable springs, load cells, even a hydraulic unit! However, one of the limitations of the G27 is the very short pedal throw, as the pedals are arguably quite small. ISRTV Forum members AussieStig (Mark Puc) and Steve Spenceley have decided to team up to try to change that, with the StigSimExperience Pedal Risers.

These pedal risers will allow for a high level of customization, as well as providing a longer pedal throw. You can adjust the pedal to have a positive or negative rake, which can be good for heel-and-toe drivers. The pedal faces can also be adjusted to fit your needs. Pedal functionality will not be affected, and you can even still use the risers in the stock pedal casing. You can also remove the pedals from the casing, or invert them, whatever suits your style.

No release date has been announced, but if you have any interest, Mark and Steve have asked that you send them an email at StigSimExperience@Gmail.com.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So finally the Thrustmaster T300 wheelsets have hit the mainstream market, with the Ferrari 458 Italia wheel coming down to it's regular RRP of $459AUD.
If your in the market for a dual purpose PC/Console wheel & don't want or need a clutch pedal these could be a good alternative...
Just be mindful the 458 Italia wheel is the only one that is XBOX ONE compatible while the others are PS3/PS4 compatible. All can connect to PC. ;)
Check with your local PC retailer to see they stock em. ;)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... 565356e4ef" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Look out!!! The ClubSport Wheel Base V2 - Servo Power and multi platform

Expectedly the price has gone up to $785AUD RRP.
But there is a loyalty pre-release special for existing ClubSport and CSR Elite base owners who will get an exclusive invite to purchase the CSW Base V2 @ $655AUS.
If they take up this loyalty offer then they also get a 2nd code to give to a friend or their original code is transferable if they don't purchase themselves. :D
So if anyone gets a code (their own they don't use or a friend code) then PM me pretty please. :yes:

FANATEC Shop AUS: http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/wheel-base ... v2-au.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well, well. This is interesting. I pre-ordered the CSW as soon as it came up on the AU webstore, but that was well after they were already selling them elsewhere in the world, if I recall correctly.

I hadn't been expecting nor even desiring a new base at this point, so I guess I will have a decision to make. I will post when I hear something. The fact that taking up the pre-order of this base will save $130 ($655) is a juicy incentive in itself.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

If I could get say $300 for my 12 month old base then I'd be pretty tempted but otherwise it's pretty hard to justify when there's nothing really wrong with my v1 and it performs really well.

I've also got some thought's in the back of the mind about a set of Main Performance pedals to replace the CSP V2's if/when they pack it in. They're like a CST clone (think he might have bought the designs and improved on them) and can be bought with a mount for the Obutto but are likely to cost ~$1k from the states.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

1st round of reviews on the CSW v2 Base are in

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And here is Sim Racing Reviews review of the v2 base...

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I don't know why all these reviewers insist that you had to put the extra screw into the wheel on the V1 base after mounting on the quick release. The mounting is completely secure and the amount of movement is minimal. You certainly don't notice it when in use. I have never used the extra screw. I understood that the idea was to put that in to stop someone making off with your wheel if it was in public use.

The lack of fade certainly sounds appealing. I do wonder what I would do with my V1 base if I got a V2. It is still in good order and it has the second revision motors in it - my first ones did burn out on the first race series I ran with the BMW rim. The replacement motors haven't missed a beat since.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well, I am now in possession of an email from Fanatec telling me that I can expect an "invite code" within the next "few weeks or months". (O.T. pet peeve is the use of "invite" as a noun)

Below is an image of my newly acquired universal hub with a recycled G25 wheel rim attached. It's just perfect for those older F1 machines.
g25-uh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

hello all

I have been watching with interest this new v2 base and I have decided I would like to own one. I am an existing fanatec customer but not club sport products, so I don't know if an invite will come my way.
To sum up if someone does find themselves with an extra unwanted invite (verb) code I would appreciate it if you would consider me as the recipient .

Thanks in advance.
your friend and co-racer
Boxhead.
~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

All class box, all class :)

If I had one mate, I'd send it to you.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

Thanks for that righty, this is much the same technique i use with the lady's, and yes it doesn't work there either
~AR~ Boxhead
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

:D

Yet you've claimed the title of "Boxhead"..
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Cursed wrote:I don't know why all these reviewers insist that you had to put the extra screw into the wheel on the V1 base after mounting on the quick release. The mounting is completely secure and the amount of movement is minimal. You certainly don't notice it when in use. I have never used the extra screw. I understood that the idea was to put that in to stop someone making off with your wheel if it was in public use.
Maybe the tolerances on early revisions weren't as good? Mine is also fine without the screw, don't think I even got one in the box. Mine fits snug with no play whatsoever, BMW wheel.

I might have an invite the give away as I don't think I can justify an upgrade. On the iRacing forum some guy sold his for $40 which is a bit cheeky I think.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

Cursed wrote:I might have an invite the give away as I don't think I can justify an upgrade. On the iRacing forum some guy sold his for $40 which is a bit cheeky I think.
i look forward to being included in your list of potential recipients
~AR~ Boxhead
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Brian Beckman: The Physics in Games - Real Time Simulation Explained
[youtube] [/youtube]

This a must watch for any arsetechnophobe, especially with the tie in to our favourite hobby.
It had many surprising bits for me, not least that modelling physics in real-time is one of the hardest things to do in computational physics.
I will no longer whinge about my FPS in my race sims... :eyepop:

I can't wait to see norbs's happy head explode with all the technical details & info.
Dukester

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Very interesting Flinty. :yes:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Dervergence and the vector trick.

Having felt that switching of physics at different speeds.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well my Fanatec CSW V2 invitation has landed. I've placed the order - expected availability is in December. Looks like it'll be a Christmas present.