Race Sim Tech & Tips

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
richo

Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by richo »

That is some what over the top in such a good way.

Still I wonder why they used a Navman to do the sales spiel?
[]D [] []v[] []D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

richo wrote:Still I wonder why they used a Navman to do the sales spiel?
From what I know it's a one man Derek gig... I reckon he did it for something different.
He sure does quality work as I can confirm from owning one of his button boxes.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: Race Sim Tech & Tips

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:Considering just how much sim racing you do these days, and that "new"; PC that is still to be built, possibly better to spend that sort of cash on that couch you are flogging. :D
Still doesn't mean I can't want for one.
Might be a surprise coming if my plans for tomorrow pan out.
Oh a new couch is also on the cards. :p
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Report: Logitech's new G29 Racing Wheel detailed
GameReactor.eu have dug up what could be some worrying news on Logitech’s upcoming new G29, at least for PC gamers.
According to sources from Logitech, GameReactor reports that the Logitech G29 will not come with PC compatibility but instead will only support Sony’s Playstation 3 & 4.
Furthermore, the article claims that there will only be one model of the wheel that is planned to sell for 189 Euros, excluding a shifter which will be sold as a separate addon.
It remains to be seen whether this is accurate info as a wheel in this price range without PC compatibility would be odd to say the least, even Thrustmaster’s TX wheel that was heavily aimed at Xbox One users comes with PC compatibility.
More details on the G29 are expected so surface at the products launch which is scheduled sometime around the upcoming E3 expo.
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

It doesn't make much sense for Logitech to cut off another revenue stream via PC gamers.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It appears it very well maybe PC compatible after all. I can see Richo licking his chops to get one of these... :yes:
Even though Logitech’s upcoming G29 has not been officially announced or even confirmed to be existing yet, the upcoming new wheel is probably the worst-kept secret in the virtual racing world right now.
As we’re low on solid facts ahead of the wheel’s expected late June announcement, various rumors are circulating around the net right now, including yesterday’s story about the G29 supposed not coming with PC compatibility. Now, a few hard facts have surfaced as the G29 already has a temporary listing on Amazon, including some product details.

Features:
The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
Dual-motor force feedback to simulate realistic driving
Smooth, quiet and precise steering action
Durable leather/metal components

While the feature list specifically only mentions Playstation support (in accordance with yesterday’s news), there’s a mention of PC compatibility in the included product description:
G29 Driving Force is the definitive sim racing hardware for the latest PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC titles. Feature dual-motor force feedback and helical gearing for quiet, smooth steering. Stainless steel paddle shifters and RPM/Shift indicator LEDs help you make crisp, fluid gear transitions without taking your eyes off the track. The separate pedal unit gives you natural, responsive control with a nonlinear brake pedal. Driving Force is built for comfort and durability with hand-stitched leather and stainless steel components. Built-in clamps and bolt points allow the wheel to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig, minimising shifting or wobbling during aggressive manoeuvres.
The wheel is rumored to retail for 189€, coming without a stick shifter that is due to be available as an addon purchase.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

That sounds to me like they are avoiding the current G27 issues by having each motor have a different direction gear or something along those lines (I was thinking that would help ages ago). Helical gears don't like going backwards and forwards, G27's sound like they are ripping apart over ripple strips and bumps.

Too bad it looks abit.... consoley
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

A bit??? It's full on consolitis look & feel! But that does not mean it's a bad wheel.
by the way ps3 uses a regular USB port, and the DFP was a "PS" wheel as well - yet fully compatible with a PC. So I reckon this will be fully compatible as well.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

:fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall:

DEM Racing Simulators shared a new video showcasing their DRS-13 3/4 cockpit featuring a dynamic suspension system.

The DRS-13 3/4 aluminum chassis and fiberglass monocoque represent a Formula 1 car at scale 1: 1. To complete the look, the rig is fitted with a set of adjustable DRS pedals, integrated Bose Companion 5 audio system, replica Formula 1 Oz rims and Pirelli tires.

The DEM simulator suspension motion is generated by two D-Box motion actuators offering a realistic driving experience for both the driver and the viewers. The video was recorded at the at the Speed Valley kartodrome in Riccione, Italy.
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

My sim rig is in a double garage that was split down the guts and turned into a room. This would just fit!

Somehow I think money will be an issue...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

And then you want to do a race in a tin top...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Yeah you would have to be seriously addicted to F1 to bother.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Want to drive a prototype, there's another chassis needed. LMP 1... :burns:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And it's official albeit with a twist...
I think they are going to smash it with these offerings as the market has been screaming for a lower cost wheel & pedal set, particularly for consoles.

Logitech has officially announced the much-discussed Logitech G29 & G920 Driving Force steering wheels.
The announcement clears up all of the rumors that have circulating lately on the wheel’s compatibility as both wheels are aimed at different platforms.

While the Logitech G29 is compatible to the Playstation 3 & 4, the G920 is the new wheel aimed at Xbox One, both wheels also work on PC as expected.
Both wheels feature high-quality materials such as hand-stitched leather and are powered by a dual-motor force feedback system.
There are slight differences in terms of features though as the G29 comes with a LED-bar and additional buttons the G920 lacks.
As rumored before, the wheel comes with build-in shifting paddles but not a stick shifter, the Driving Force Shifter is available as optional addon, selling for 59,99€.

The Logitech G29 will be available in July, selling for 399, the G920 is planned to be available in October, retailing for the same price.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/produc ... ving-force
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/produc ... ving-force
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/produc ... ce-shifter
REALISTIC FORCE FEEDBACK
Engineered with dual-motor force feedback, both the G29 and G920 realistically simulate the feel of your car with weight shift, realistic road conditions and tire wear, so you can sense under- or over-steering, traction loss and more. With helical gears modeled after the gearing used in car transmissions, you get exceptionally smooth, quiet and precise steering action. Anti-backlash hardware also keeps the wheel and pedal input tight, to maximize control.

DURABLE DESIGN
Built to last, the wheels feature solid steel ball bearings in the wheel shaft, and stainless steel paddle shifters and pedals. High-quality, hand-stitched leather gives both the look and feel of a high-performance racecar wheel, and ensures a more comfortable and durable user experience. Additionally, built-in clamps and bolt points allow you to securely mount the wheel to a table or racing seat to minimize shifting or wobbling during aggressive maneuvers.

EASY TO ACCESS GAME CONTROLS
For seamless access to racing controls, the D-Pad, console buttons and semi-automatic paddle shifters are conveniently located. On the G29 Driving Force, LED indicator lights tell you exactly when to shift, so you can maintain maximum acceleration without taking your eyes off the track and a 24-point selection dial and plus/minus buttons let you also fine-tune your driving preferences.

RESPONSIVE PEDAL UNIT
A separate floor pedal unit lets you comfortably brake, accelerate and change gears, just as you would in an actual car, and also allows you to maintain a more realistic body position for driving. The nonlinear brake pedal mimics the performance of a pressure-sensitive brake system for a responsive, accurate braking feel. Additionally, both pedal units include a dedicated clutch, so gamers who want to test their abilities can have a truly immersive racing experience.

OPTIONAL DRIVING FORCE SHIFTER
Available as an optional add-on, the Driving Force Shifter is a six-speed manual gear stick with push-down reverse. The Driving Force Shifter features quality construction, with a solid steel gear shaft and hand-stitched leather boot and knob cover. Built-in clamps and bolt points also allow the Driving Force Shifter to be mounted securely.
Logitech G29 Technical Specs
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Playstation®4 or Playstation®3
Powered USB portORWindows® 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7Powered USB Port
Internet connection and 150MB hard drive space (for optional software download)
Games that support Logitech® force feedback racing wheel

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Steering wheel
Pedals
Power adapter
User documentation

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Wheel
Height: 270 mm (10.63 in)
Width: 260 mm (10.24 in)
Length: 278 mm (10.94 in)
Weight without cables: 2.25 kg (4.96 lb)

Pedal
Height: 167 mm (6.57 in)
Width: 428.5 mm (16.87 in)
Depth: 311 mm (12.24 in)
Weight without cables: 3.1 kg (6.83 lb)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Software Support (at release): Logitech Gaming Software
Connection Type: USB
USB VID_PID: 046D_C24F (PC Mode)
USB Protocol: USB 2.0
USB Speed: Full Speed
Indicator Lights (LED): Yes
Logitech G920 Technical Specs
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Xbox One™
Powered USB portORWindows® 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7
Powered USB Port
Internet connection and 150MB hard drive space (for optional software download)
Games that support Logitech® force feedback racing wheel

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Steering wheel
Pedals
Power adapter
User documentation

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Wheel:
Height: 270 mm (10.63 in)
Width: 260 mm (10.24 in)
Depth: 278 mm (10.94 in)
Weight without cables: 2.25 kg (4.96 lb)

Pedals:
Height: 167 mm (6.57 in)
Width: 428.5 mm (16.87 in)
Depth: 311 mm (12.24 in)
Weight without cables: 3.1 kg (6.83 lb)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Software Support (at release): Logitech Gaming Software
Connection Type: USB
USB VID_PID: 046D_C262
USB Protocol: USB 2.0
USB Speed: Full Speed
Logitech Driving Force Shifter Technical Specs
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Logitech G29 or G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel
Games that support Logitech Driving Force Shifter
PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, Windows® 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Shifter
User documentation

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Height: 206.5 mm (8.13 in)
Width: 176.4 mm (6.94 in)
Depth 146.4 mm (5.76 in)
Weight without cable: 0.72 kg (1.59 lb)
Weight with cable: 0.76 kg (1.66 lb)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Designed to work with G29/G920 Driving Force Racing Wheels
Six speeds with push-down reverse gear
Steel and leather components for comfort and durability
Mounts securely to a racing rig
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Fanatec officially announced the upcoming ClubSport Pedals V3.
The last few years, the ClubSport Pedals V2 have been one of Fanatec’s most popular products and are now redesigned to offer sim racers an ultra high-end fully adjustable pedal set at an affordable price.

Fanatec did not yet share all details, but already revealed that the pedals will feature a newly custom designed 90 kg load cell and other improvements to increase the durability of the unit. The pedal set will come with optional D-shape pedal plates and an extra set of springs for those who prefer a stiffer throttle and clutch pedal. Furthermore, both the throttle and brake pedal are fitted with a rumble motor.

There is also some good news for customers who recently pre-ordered a V2 set. Fanatec stated they will upgrade all existing pre-orders of the V2 pedals in Europe and USA to V3 spec. The price for a new unit is rumored to be €360 / US$ 300. More details will be revealed later this week.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Fanatec has revealed the full details on their feature-rich new ClubSport V3 pedal set!
The pedal set is now listed in the Fanatec online store, selling for $379.95 AUD.
While the optional damper kit is also listed & sells for $104.95 AUD each. So you'll need two of them if you want to run the damper on both the accelerator & brake pedals.
Fanatec is accepting pre-orders now, the first customers to be served will receive their pedal set at the end of July while the damper kits are due end of Aug.
Features
Vibration motor on gas pedal indicates rear wheel spin and oversteer
Pressure sensitive brake with custom made 90 kg load cell sensor
Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools
Utra high 12bit resolution on all axis
Alternative D-shape race plates in curved design. Ideal for standing pedals
Pedal extension to adjust the angle of the pedal plate and to change the angle of the whole pedal arm
Re-designed electronics. Parameters like deadzone and brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
New design of the gas pedal to allow a quick exchange of the springs. Two springs with different strength are included
Optional damper kit for gas and brake. The hyraulic dampening resistance can easily be adjusted with a knob
Full multi platform compatibility. It works with all Fanatec wheels for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Full metal construction of CNC-machined aluminum
Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strengths at clutch and throttle, brake sensitivity, brake travel
High resolution pedals with magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance
Vibration motor to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires. Compatible to all games
Compatible to the colour kits to allow perfect optional customisation

Compatibility
PC (Connection through USB): Compatible with any racing wheel from Fanatec or any other brand (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc) if used on PC.
It will work with any racing wheel if the game supports a second controller. These PC games support a second USB controller:
iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Project Cars
GTR 2
Race 07
rFactor
Live for Speed
...and many others
If you connect it to a Fanatec wheel it will be compatible to all racing games.
Please note that the vibration function is not supported by all games and can be implemented with plug ins to our driver if the games sends the telemetry data.
console compatibility (Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, etc.):
Please check the information on the product page of the Fanatec Racing Wheel or Wheel Base to which the pedals will be connected.

Special Notes
​The Clubsport Handbrake (optional) needs to be connected to the pedals if you like console compatibility. The V3 now features a dedicated plug for the handbrake.

Packaging Details
Size (L x W x H) : 42.50cm x 28.00cm x 41.00cm
Weight: 8.14kg
Volume weight: 9.13kg

What’s Included
ClubSport Pedals V3
3x Pedal Extensions
3x D-shape pedal plates
1x Strong spring throttle (black)
1x Strong spring clutch (black)
1x RJ12 connection cable
1x USB connection cable
1x Lithium grease bottle
1x Quick Guide
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Well I think I've convinced myself to buy the Heusinkveld Engineering Pro Pedals :faint:

I first started thinking about the PT-1 pedals which are priced well but will be hard to get for a while and I think the HEs look just that bit better all round.

Shipped to Aus is EUR 663.15 so as long as the dollar doesn't drop much they should just scrape in under $1k, it looks like I'll have to spend around $250 for some 8020 etc to mount them securely to my obutto ozone so all up it's going to be a fair wack to the hip pocket.

The CSP V2's are good but I'm always half expecting to start having issues with them, the HEs are in another league, ultra solid and load cells on all pedals so should last a lifetime. It will also be good to have a totally solid mount to the ozone because this has limited me with how stiff I can have the CSP brake.

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Just put an order in for more display modules and another Arduino.

Will end up looking a bit like this.

:D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Fanatec’s currently having a 33% sale on their Universal Wheel Hub for their line of CSW steering wheels.
The Fanatec AU webstore has the Universal Wheel Hub listed for AU$224.95 with stock currently available.
For those unfamiliar with Fanatec’s Universal Wheel Hub here is a list of it's features.
16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
4 button boxes with 3 buttons each
FunkySwitch(tm) with 4-way direction pad, 2-way turning function and push button. Comes with a metal knob
​Small or big shifter paddles for different rim diameters.
The big shifter paddles are fully adjustable in distance, width and angle
Shifter paddle units can be taken off to save weight.
LED display for Tuning or telemetry functions. It can be installed in two positions: Standing or flat
USB port to charge a smartphone. No data
An additional 5th button box unit can be attached (not included)
Data port for future feature upgrades
An additional 16 buttons are placed on top of the unit for users who prefer to use buttonless third-party rims, still giving players the controls needed to sim race
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:Fanatec’s currently having a 33% sale on their Universal Wheel Hub for their line of CSW steering wheels.
The Fanatec AU webstore has the Universal Wheel Hub listed for AU$224.95 with stock currently available.
For those unfamiliar with Fanatec’s Universal Wheel Hub here is a list of it's features.
16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
4 button boxes with 3 buttons each
FunkySwitch(tm) with 4-way direction pad, 2-way turning function and push button. Comes with a metal knob
​Small or big shifter paddles for different rim diameters.
The big shifter paddles are fully adjustable in distance, width and angle
Shifter paddle units can be taken off to save weight.
LED display for Tuning or telemetry functions. It can be installed in two positions: Standing or flat
USB port to charge a smartphone. No data
An additional 5th button box unit can be attached (not included)
Data port for future feature upgrades
An additional 16 buttons are placed on top of the unit for users who prefer to use buttonless third-party rims, still giving players the controls needed to sim race

So you still need an $800 base and a wheel from $150-$500?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:So you still need an $800 base and a wheel from $150-$500?
Correct... it's more aimed at ppl who already have a wheel rim so they can use it on the CSW base. ;)
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I don't regret buying mine a while back. It's still rocking the A1 wheel I picked up on these forums. It means that I have the bigger BMW M3 GT2 wheel for the larger cars, the formula rim for cars that use that style and the smaller rim on the hub for oldies, karts and anything that doesn't feel responsive enough on the BMW rim.

At some point I might remove the A1 rim and go back to the G25 rim
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Something to consider if you're in the market & want to support an Aussie local, assuming it's in your budget... http://www.simulate-it.com.au/

From what I know his seq shifter is a direct replica of a V8SC shifter. :yes:

Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The frame looks pretty good, a bit on the expensive side and missing a few things like a keyboard tray but looks very strong and the adjustable wheel and pedal plates look like a good thing.

I'm a bit dubious about some of the extras, $420 to upgrade your G27 pedals when you can buy the Fanatecs for $380, can't see why you wouldn't go for the fanatecs. Also their $1,100 pedals, I'm sure they're strong and durable but doesn't sound like they even use a load cell on the brake and not sure how adjustable they are. Can't see any reason to get these over the HE Pros I've ordered.

Good to see an aussie company making sim gear but they're a bit off the mark from my pov.