Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Shonky

Re: Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Post by Shonky »

Thanks for the reply Duke, I didn't think of using a different brand of pedal.

I just remembered I have some A1s stashed in a box somewhere, I stopped using them when I moved house about 8 years ago and they've been in a box ever since, a smart move would be to get them out and see if the pots are still any good, and I have no bloody idea where the breakout box for them is. :doh:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I possibly have some pedals here too. :)

Maybe w00dsy could drop them off to you . LOL
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Huzzah....found the pedals and the control box, and I'll be buggered they still work. That changes things a bit, might start looking at better wheels instead. :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Shonky wrote:Huzzah....found the pedals and the control box, and I'll be buggered they still work. That changes things a bit, might start looking at better wheels instead. :D
Might be out of your price range but how about the new FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base?
I guess the big issue is you still have to pair it with a wheel (the CSL Steering Wheel P1 is made for that base for XBOX ONE compatibilty) or grab the Universal Hub & get an aftermarket (real) wheel (Momo, Sparco, OMP, etc).
I know it's not cheap but I'm sure it'll last a very long time & look & feel like the real deal. :yes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:I possibly have some pedals here too. :)

Maybe w00dsy could drop them off to you . LOL

wheel dropper offerer extraordinaire
norbs

Post by norbs »

Where does the TX base and wheel sit in all of this?

Best wheel I have owned and different wheels available for it.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

in my opinion the T300/TX is good for the $ and it has served me well this last year and a bit. It does have a few flaws but I don't regret my purchase. It is WAAAY better than a G25/27/29, much stronger and faster FFB with removable wheel. The pedals on the other hand are worse than they look, the hinge part feels under engineered and heal-toeing causes the break pedal to squeak as it puts uneven pressure on the pin, the rubber cone mod is better than a spring when you get the gamma/linear setting right but doesn't compare to a load cell. If you are just a casual racer they are good for the $ I guess, I did get them for $189 new so maybe they aren't so bad value.. I think they are $245 at the moment at my local shop. As Duke said I have pre-ordered the CSL pedals to replace them. I would love to compare the CSL and T300 wheel directly, hopefully Duke gets one and we can do a comparison.

My comments on the T300/TX
Pros:
Force is smooth and fast, great for catching slides / drifting
Very low input lag (was an issue with previous wheels)
Choice of wheels and easy to get a PCD 70mm adaptor on the GTE wheel hub (throw away the wheel!)
Integrated PSU and rear mount connectors
Seem to be as reliable as the logitech gear, fewer horror stories compared to the Fanatec gear

Cons:
A plasticy feeling case and stock GTE/RS wheel
Crappy sleeve bearing fan that will need replacing eventually (mine is gone)
Force strength could be higher, causes clipping if a realistic FFB level is used
If you turn your PC off while the fan is going... the fan keeps going, must be software controlled
T300 pedals go in the bin along with the wheel (not relevant with TX base)
Only 1 year warranty
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Thanks for the info ren, much appreciated. Sounds like either the TX or T300 will do the job. Since my A1 pedals appear to be still good, the Thrusty pedals won't even get plugged in.

The only difference I can pick between the TX and the T300 is 900 vs 1080 degress of rotation, and even though I use 900 degrees on the old DFP, I'd be surprised if I used half of that in typical use.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I would like to know the difference between the 300 and TX
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Duke wrote:
Shonky wrote:Huzzah....found the pedals and the control box, and I'll be buggered they still work. That changes things a bit, might start looking at better wheels instead. :D
Might be out of your price range but how about the new FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base?
I guess the big issue is you still have to pair it with a wheel (the CSL Steering Wheel P1 is made for that base for XBOX ONE compatibilty) or grab the Universal Hub & get an aftermarket (real) wheel (Momo, Sparco, OMP, etc).
I know it's not cheap but I'm sure it'll last a very long time & look & feel like the real deal. :yes:
Thanks for the input Duke, those parts sure look the goods but given I'm just a casual racer I don't think I can convince myself, let alone my missus that there is value for money there, that and I don't have a lot of faith in the reliability of the Fanatec gear based on norbs experience in this thread, as well as others I've seen around.

If I was to spend that amount of coin I'd want to see the new model on the market for at least 6 months and get a feel for the reliability of the CSL range first before laying down my hard earned.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

The difference between the TX and T300 is the TX is for the XBOX and T300 is for the PS3/4. The XBOX can only support 900deg rotation so it has been limited in hardware to 900. Now that I have had 1080 degrees I would miss it a little.
norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote:The difference between the TX and T300 is the TX is for the XBOX and T300 is for the PS3/4. The XBOX can only support 900deg rotation so it has been limited in hardware to 900. Now that I have had 1080 degrees I would miss it a little.
And the T300RS? Doesnt one of them have that shitty plastic wheel?

I am curious about the 1080 degrees. How many race games do you run with 1080 rotation? Your arms must be busier than Gizmo at Mardis Gras! :lol:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shonky wrote:
Duke wrote:
Thanks for the input Duke, those parts sure look the goods but given I'm just a casual racer I don't think I can convince myself, let alone my missus that there is value for money there, that and I don't have a lot of faith in the reliability of the Fanatec gear based on norbs experience in this thread, as well as others I've seen around.

If I was to spend that amount of coin I'd want to see the new model on the market for at least 6 months and get a feel for the reliability of the CSL range first before laying down my hard earned.
That new Fanatec base is as ugly as woodsy's bleached arsehole! (I have been told) :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:That new Fanatec base is as ugly as woodsy's bleached arsehole! (I have been told) :)
Yes it certainly is an interesting & strange (bathroom tile) look but I don't think it is as bad as the photos make it out to be. One could say that it's still better than plain black plastic that this part of the market usually has. Plus how often do you look down at your wheel base when driving...?
It's not something I'm overly concerned with as long as it functions & performs well.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

T300 RS and GTE have the same crappy rubber/plastic rim. the GTE button layout is different and is spaced better for fitting a standard wheel.

AC and iR both support 1080, some of the cars in AC actually use the 1080 too and it does improve their feel a little. The main reason I am using 1080 atm is to reduce the steering sensitivity of the iR V8SC, I suspect they have messed up the rotation as it feels over boosted at 1:1 and makes the power oversteer even worse. I run the game at 900 and the wheel at 1080.

I have the adaptor that this person used, just waiting for a cheap wheel to come from ebay :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/attachmen ... jpg.85237/
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I thought the only car in AC & for that matter the only car in any sim that used 1080 was the F40...?
Although I'm sure some drift mod cars might have it as well.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

The BMW road cars do and I think some other road cars do as well.

When a car is running at 900 instead of 1080 it feels like the FFB is higher and self align torque is overdone (causes tank slappers if you try and drift with correct technique). The 1M drifts like a boss on 1080 deg.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Bit the bullet and ordered a T300rs tonight from Gamesmen for $430 delivered, while the Logi G29 is cheaper I couldn't pass up the belt drive at that price, the stock pedals are garbage but I'll use the A1s for the time being and down the track I may work on an upgrade to those, hopefully Aus post will get them to me in time for FNF. :D
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I've got a T300, been using it for about a week now every chance I get. I'm not sure I can add anything you guys haven't already said. Coming from a G25 the wheel is great however the pedals... well they are "pedals". I'm now wondering if I grab an adapter to use my G25 pedals on the T300 or just grab the better Thrustmaster ones?
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Prior to buying the T3PA PROs that I am using now I had an adaptor on the G25 ones to use with the T300.. What I will say is if you want a loadcell save up for some Fanatec CSLs or greater, if you don't then the T3PA PROs are good for the money and the rubber cone mod half works but they not that much of an upgrade over the G25 ones TBH. The do look alot cooler :P
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Always the way, buy something and then next week it turns up cheaper. :melt:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shonky wrote:Always the way, buy something and then next week it turns up cheaper. :melt:

Sorry mate. i forgot you just got one. :(

Hopefully someone can use it. seems like a great deal.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

All good norbs, I'm happy with what I paid for the t300rs.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

T300RS wheel rim looks better in my opinion.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.