Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
TIMMY30

Re: Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Post by TIMMY30 »

norbs wrote:Anyone had any dealings with Pagnian http://www.pagnianimports.com.au ?

Put my order in on the 9th and havent heard anything from them. Sent them an email yesterday morning and nothing.

Jesus, am I expecting too much?
Dealt with Pagnian a few years back and the service was A1. I've heard hes gone down hill a bit recently though.
ranga

Post by ranga »

norbs wrote:Anyone had any dealings with Pagnian http://www.pagnianimports.com.au ?

Put my order in on the 9th and havent heard anything from them. Sent them an email yesterday morning and nothing.

Jesus, am I expecting too much?
I got the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand around 10 months ago and it came in a week. And i didn't get a email until they actually sent the product, I think.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My wheel got posted day after I ordered from pagnian a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It OK norbs just hasn't experienced the early adopter syndrome till now... :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:It OK norbs just hasn't experienced the early adopter syndrome till now... :lol:
My 970GPU card has seen more action than yours :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well, I identified the cause of my shifting problems in our recent BMW 2002 foray at Mt Panorama. It looks like the shifter has developed some spiking that causes 3rd to register as 1st or 4th to register as 2nd depending on when the clutch engages and how my hand is on the stick. The problem doesn't sort itself out with calibration either.

Over to Fanatec support (cue dramatic music). I logged a ticket on their support site last night (including video showing gears flickering around in the driver software) and have an email this morning with an RMA number and a message to say someone will be in touch with me to work out the details. Can't complain about that at least. The shifter is 2 yrs old, but went back in Feb 2014 when the sequential switch stopped working. There's no mention of charging anything for service yet - fingers crossed. This is the 1st version of the shifter, so I reckon the problems I've had are probably related to why they improved to a v1.5.

Flappy paddle shifting everything for the time being for me.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Had same thing happen to my g27 shifter. Wd40 into it and worked a treat since haha
Hello :aussie:
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Alas, I managed to consume two G25 shifters over the years. You can clean the pots, but eventually they still die.

I don't think that I abuse my shifters, but they do get a pretty good workout.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Let's see how this goes.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Where is the stool?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

KNAPPO wrote:Where is the stool?

Try and keep up mate. :)

Stool is long gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote: Try and keep up mate. :)
Stool is long gone.
Oh I remember, it maybe gone but its not forgotten.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well the CSS-SQ Shifter is back. The service guy fixed it up with v1.5 guts and turned it around the same day he got it. Will hook it up tonight for a test.
richo

Post by richo »

Going to bite the bullet tomorrow and buy the T300, T3PA and the 599x Alcantara combo from Gamesmen for $699.00 before I throw my money down has anyone had a bad experience with Thrustmaster ? The old G25 lasted for a long time but died late last year and I would like to get the same sort of mileage so to speak.

And yes I will be back "racing" for want of a better word so beware !
[]D [] []v[] []D
norbs

Post by norbs »

Been happy so far with the Tour and that rim. The alcantara is showing wear.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

My T300 has a faulty fan bearing, give it a smack a few times and it spins up properly.. lol

Another thing is the fan keeps spinning at a VERY low speed after the PC is off, I have to switch it off at the wall. I really can't be bothered sending it back so I will just live with it. I have the TM28 which is a bit small but night and day from the stock rubber wheel. Overall I have been very happy with the wheel, when you get it setup right (which is easy) it totally demolishes a G25/7 for speed which is great for catching slides and general road feel. The amount of buttons on it is also a massive plus, going through iRacing menu's is HEAPS easier while on the track.

I also have the T3PA PRO pedals, I am less happy with those. The springs are light and the rubber cone mod can't touch a real loadcell, it is better than just a spring though so I do use it. With some mods they could be pretty good I guess, but I think I will just save up for some Fanatec V3 pedals to replace them with.

I have been using the G25 shifter with a USB box, I have bought a TH8A off Duke that I will eventually get around to picking up. I used one at his house and thought it wasn't bad, way better than the G25 one and for the 2nd hand price can't be beat.

I think you are going in the right direction with the Thrustmaster gear, the Fanatec gear has a record of being unreliable and much worse input lag unless you spend heaps on the Clubsport range.

At the recent Gran Turismo event there was a new Thrustmaster wheel on show, one of the GT devs mentioned it was direct drive.. if it truly is it will be a game changer.

Norbs do you use gloves with the 599XX wheel? Have you tried doing the toothbrush clean?
norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote: Norbs do you use gloves with the 599XX wheel? Have you tried doing the toothbrush clean?

Nope. And nope. :)

The Alcantara on the Fanatec wheel held up a lot better than this one. It is only cruddy where my hands sit. The rest looks great.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

The alcantara gets squished down pretty quickly on my Clubsport kit from sweaty hands and the like, but its easily revived. I use a cloth/flannel dampened with warm water and give the wheel a bit of a gentle rub down to pick up the nap again, then let it dry off before use.

Here's an official Alcantara maintenance guide from the manufacturer:
http://www.alcantara.com/cms-web/upl/do ... oprint.pdf
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Reviving/cleaning only worked a few times for me. Either I didn't clean it often enough or I just wore it out.

I recently got a fanatec Round1 rim because my formula rim felt crap to use. Especially when I got a bit sweaty. It's comfy to hold and it's leather, so I don't have to put up with the alcantara hassle :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

So what's the go to wheel these days for under $500 folks? I figured out my Logi DFP is better than 10yo now and I'm wondering if much has changed with wheels since then? Currently leaning towards the G29 just because everything else so far appears out of my price range.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shonky wrote:So what's the go to wheel these days for under $500 folks? I figured out my Logi DFP is better than 10yo now and I'm wondering if much has changed with wheels since then? Currently leaning towards the G29 just because everything else so far appears out of my price range.
I have one here. 6 hours use. ;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I could possibly be interested norbs, not sure what you paid for you but I wonder if you'll take too much of a hit on it, can get one locally for $369 with shifter at the moment.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shonky wrote:I could possibly be interested norbs, not sure what you paid for you but I wonder if you'll take too much of a hit on it, can get one locally for $369 with shifter at the moment.
Where are you located. postage could be the killer.

PM me.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Another question, wondering if I should keep saving my bikkies, anyone used the T300rs with TP3A pedals and how does it compare to the G27/G29?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'll try get RenZ to respond Shonky, he has said good things about his T300 wheel & seems to me to be very happy with it. The main points I remember him saying was it has heaps stronger FFB than a G27 & is very smooth. I never got to try it but did notice the buttons are very plastic (felt cheap) but RenZ says he has had no issue with their operation.
Although he isn't a huge fan of the pedals with or without the conical brake insert that it comes with. So much so that he has just pre-ordered the new FANATEC CSL Elite LC pedal set.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."