VPN's for noobs

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: VPN's for noobs

Post by DexterPunk »

smithcorp wrote:Important - found my VPN had a Web RTC leak/ DNS leak. Express VPN helped sort it, but two things worth checking:

Go here: https://ipleak.net/ and if you see that "Your IP Address", "Your IP address – WebRTC detection" and "DNS Address detection" are showing your real IP Address, you need to play around with your VPN and/or router settings a bit more.

This plugin fixed my issues on Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bkdm?hl=en

smith

I had this all sorted originally... Not sure if it's the new internet connection, or when I upgraded to win10, I've installed the plug-in from your post and the one mentioned on IPleak.net and I still seem to be leaking my IP and DNS.

Any ideas?

PS. Using PIA.

PPS. Oh wait, Actually just the DNS...

PPPS. All good! Found that the app somehow wasn't enabled in Chrome. :yes:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Another option is to can change your DNS to a public DNS server like googles. Its probably slower than your ISP but I couldn't notice a difference in the real world.

Theres a checkbox in the PIA settings that should fix it too
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Ah! Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

My PIA subscription is about to expire. Are others still satisfied that PIA is the best value, or should I be moving to another VPN?

Found that PIA was really slow in recent times, but connecting to the Toronto server sped things up
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

You wont be able to connect to russian servers anymore since laws went through that means isp's must contain logs for a year minimum... and thats part of the reason why I think these guys are the go to vpn.
Montey

Post by Montey »

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!