Seasonic PSU's

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Seasonic PSU's

Post by DexterPunk »

Anyone have an opinion on these??

The reason I ask is that mine just died after 7.5 months. Not what I was hoping for out of a $300 PSU. Even more annoying that I can't find the receipt for my build from CPL.

This is the PSU in question.

http://cplonline.com.au/index.php/power ... upply.html

I'm hoping I can head in to CPL, buy a new PSU, and ask them if they have any way to reprint some proof of purchase if I show them the CC statement. Apparently that PSU has a 7 year warranty.
Dr. Pain

Re: Seasonic PSU's

Post by Dr. Pain »

I either use Corsair or currently a Thermaltake PSU, as I'm using a Thermaltake case. My old PC has a Corsair PSU and the first one I got was faulty but it's replacement is 7 yo and still going strong.

This is the Thermaltake I use atm...

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Review/21 ... -775w.aspx
Minister for Religious Genocide.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Cheers Pain. I'll grab one on saturday... probably either a thermaltake or corsair was what I was thinking. I sure as hell don't wanna pay that much for another PSU at the moment. Hopefully they replace my dud one and I can eBay it or something. Bloody annoying that this has happened on my easter break when I have nothing planned.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

My last PC build was a Seasonic: http://www.mwave.com.au/product/seasoni ... abOverview

That was January 2014. I bought it because Seasonic had a really good reputation. It's still trucking along happily and I have no reason to cast doubts upon the brand.

I used to swear by Antec power supplies, even though a couple of them died on me. At the time I put it down the PSU probably sacrificed itself and saved the rest of my system from bad power gremlins. I don't know if my rationalisation was valid, but I slept better.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

With the cost of power supplies and the fact they are the front line for the PC to the grid, I am thinking of another good UPS for my racing PC.

The power here isnt great, and last time I looked at the log files, my UPS kicks in way more often than it should. It is protecting my server and the old racing PC, but will get a beefier one for out the back.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I've been a fan of Enermax for a while now and my main rig is running one of these (it's getting on a bit now)... http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/ ... v1=54&no=3

But it's not a cheap solution. :(
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Running a Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W to power a couple of 2 TB hard drives, 2 SSD's and a GTX960. Extremely quiet. Only issue is, it isn't modular. That is my fault for not really paying attention when picking all the parts for my PC
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

All hooked up to UPS's niceness here, never had one fail, even the super cheap stuff.

But.. http://www.seasonicusa.com/rma.htm , is US/CAN only.

Though googlefoo says email Seasonic and get the Australian distributor details, then work from there, rather then the shop.

That receipt would be handy though.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I grabbed a corsair for around $140. A 750w. Not sure how many of you have had experience at a CPL store before, but service aren't something they are famous for. I got this awesome guy that reprinted my receipt from August last year for me, and even insisted I bring the PSU in to the store and they will take care of the warranty for me.

So looks like I'll get a new seasonic platinum 860w back in a few weeks. Not sure what I'll do with the corsair. I guess give me a yell if anyone would like a near new one for cheap in a few weeks time.
richo

Post by richo »

Oddly I haven't sold a lot of Seasonic's but i have had a few dead ones come back . I have a good run out of Thermaltake and Corsairs .
[]D [] []v[] []D