Windows 10

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Shonky

Re: Windows 10

Post by Shonky »

Seems like a case of the horse has already bolted to me, M$ are just joining the party in my opinion.
markus

Post by markus »

wobblysauce wrote:Just 4 links to have a clean start.

To stop the spyin loop the addresses, just place in your Hosts file, just remove the space on the link.
http:// pastebin.com/fxQytiD6
Whoever made that hosts file is a clueless idiot. Always a good idea to block crl queries for example.
Much cycling such kilometers.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Ha, it has been edited again.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well that was a first.

Installed the latest Win 10 update and the 2nd GTX 780 became disabled, I had to turn it back on in device manager...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Just a warning, Win 10 has a new update and it runs though a full update process. Mine just did it and the update contains Cortana, the Microsoft Siri. Cortana is pretty cool in her responses though. Got her on my phone and she sings lullabies and everything :)

Edit* The phone version of Cortana is way better, at least she sings Kookaburra sits in the old gumtree
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Hasnt Cortana been there from the start?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:Hasnt Cortana been there from the start?
has for me.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Not for me. But some of my updates have been a bit screwy. Maybe why I got a win 10 install screen instead of the usual update splash screen.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Korea Messaging? Anyone had that appear randomly? Pain in the ass, I don't have the language installed so I have no clue why the app has suddenly appeared a few days after I activated windows. I like Windows 10 though, I didn't bother going to 8 because it was annoying but they've made it a little more familiar for me in 10 and I don't have enough computer knowledge to comfortably run anything else.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Woodsy, In the US and a few other places yes, but the Australian Cortana was updated and released in November.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So Norbs was asking me the yesterday about trying to delete the windows.old folder once you've upgraded to W10 to recover disk space.
Well it turns out you can do it, here's how: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/delet ... old-folder

There's another article from that website that is also worth looking at: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/windo ... -to-change
I particularly like the regedit to disable the lock screen. :yes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I got told it will get rid of its self after a month, but I deleted it as well. With a 128gb ssd it was having a fair piece of the pie. I wouldn't roll back unless it was windows 8. Windows 10 seems very easy to use.

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/the-ultimate ... 1720656591

Helped me out, thought I would share

;)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I recently got a little pocket PC which has Win10 on it and I was pleasantly surprised by it.
I'm tempted to install it on my main gaming PC, but this thread has always put me off it a little bit.

I'll hopefully be doing a format and fresh install when I do, but how have you guys found it of late? Has it got in the way of any of your programs or crashed all that often?

It sounds like there's a risk of it freezing with 2x graphics cards (3x screens) possibly? That was a few months ago though.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I've had zero issues with it on my sim pc but I'm only using one GFX card & one monitor.

I also won't be going back to W7 on any new build, so that should tell you how I like it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Same as duke. Love it won't go back to win 7. Have had no issues

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Scottie wrote:It sounds like there's a risk of it freezing with 2x graphics cards (3x screens) possibly? That was a few months ago though.

I was an early adopter as soon as it was available to me. Running triples I had an initial driver issue, the latest didnt work and I had to manually install a driver that was about 3 releases under the latest to get all 3 screens to work. Since then there has been countless driver updates and ive never snagged the issue again. I bounce between 3 screens in the rig and a 10 meter hdmi cable off to my old work desk for the wife to do her studies. No issues there what so ever.

Initially the only piece of software that gave me issues was GTA V which would freeze, but once again, driver updates have made this a non issue now.

I also wouldn't go back to win7 or 8.1 after being on 10 for almost a year now.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

No issues for me, other then that some of the older games do not work, no matter what tweaks and fiddling about.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Never had an issue. Only running one gfx card and switching between two screens though (one at a time).
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i had issues switching between screens but that was a nVidia issue. its been fixed as of the latest drivers.

otherwise win10 rocks. the free upgrade is awesome, i setup my old pc as a media server, i just tried to install the OEM version of win 8.1 i had for this pc, and it worked, then told me i can get win10. score. legit windows.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I put Win10 on the 6 pc's and laptops in my house and not had a problem, apart from showing the family where things are in the new OS.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I've pretty much had the same experience here, it gets the job done, I did have one BSOD a few days ago about an hour after installing the latest nVidia drivers but it hasn't happened again since so I'm unsure what that was all about.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

My install was over 8.1 and the only issue was with my sound card. Still can't get full control of the options but that's a creative issue with their drivers.

If anyone has doubt about it after reading this thread, don't. Win 10 is awesome and the best to date.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Installed Windows 10 over 8.1

Then did a fresh format as suggested by other forums. Haven't had a single issue since.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Not had 1 single issue after installing over windows 7. It's the best yet I reckon. Need to do a format though, getting a bit out of hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]