After a GFX card

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

After a GFX card

Post by DexterPunk »

Hey guys, a few months ago I built a computer for a mate. Well, it was mostly my old stuff. He loves gaming and for ages put up with a sub par laptop. He doesn't have the money to spend on a gaming machine so I thought after I upgraded it would be nice to donate all I could spare to build a system for him. A couple of things I bought from Righty helped out too.

Anyway... It's an old i5 quad core, 4GB ram, and a Radeon HD5770. It actually was still doing an ok-ish job when I upgraded a year ago. But I knew it was starting to massively struggle. My mate just bought Star Wars Battlefront, and it refuses to run. I didn't expect that. I'm sure the card would handle the game on low settings, but there seems to be something written into the game that stops any card under 2GB from running. We've tried different drivers but it's a no go.

So tl:dr... Does anyone have a gfx card that's not too ancient that they would be interested in selling? It needs to be a 2GB card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: After a GFX card

Post by wobblysauce »

Been thinking about upgrading my Windforce 670 2gb.. but it still runs everything fine.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: After a GFX card

Post by DexterPunk »

Let me know if you do wobbles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk