4K TV, is it worth it?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Shaun

4K TV, is it worth it?

Post by Shaun »

Looking at stepping up from a 50" full hd plasma in the lounge room to a 65" TV, now I have seen some pretty decent specials lately 2-2.5k for a 65" 4K LED LCD tv. Now my tv is mainly used for ps4/xbox one/netflx and just TV watching. So I won't be running a pc to actually use 4k res. Just trying to decide if its worth it and if anyone has any experience with it? I kind of don't think there is much point buying a full hd tv now and having to upgrade in the nearish future again. Cheers guys
Hello :aussie:
wabbit

Re: 4K TV, is it worth it?

Post by wabbit »

Personally it wouldn't be a deciding factor. When I bought my 65" 4K was an option but I remembered the transition period from even 720p to 1080p. In my mind 4K is going to be worse.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I only chose the LG so I could watch my own 4k movies of the kids doing what they do. That was it. The movies we have watched off blu ray look amazing enough, I have only watched a couple of things that are 4k and yes, look great but there just isn't enough content. 8k will be out soonish, so the 4k tv's will drop again.
I don't really notice a big improvement of the games I have played on x-bone or ps4. PC games in 4k look fantastic. But if you aren't going to use it, no issue. Still, if it's a good panel and that's the price you will enjoy the upgrade, even if just for BRD or netflix movies.
Still, watching Robbie Maddison ride that bike across the surf in 4k was worth the price of admission for the latest LG tv for me :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Seems like what i thought. Its not really “worth” getting but not worth not getting lol. If jb had stock of the 65 for 2k today i would have one already but that sold out fast. Will keep my eye out for bargains and try and get one at a nice price. Cheers fellas. If anyone else has input id be keen to hear

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Also watch out for the different input/outputs of the devices to make sure you have compatible hardware, eg some only come with 1 HdmI, so you would need to use a receiver or Hdmi splitter box.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yeah been keeping an eye out on that. Minimum is 2 as thats what i currently have and i run a few through an amp.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk