GPU Comparo

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Sarsippius

GPU Comparo

Post by Sarsippius »

I thought this might be of interest to some people, I normally do something similar when looking at a GPU upgrade to try and get a better idea of overall performance and bang for buck. The benchmark stats are from Anandtech's Bench stats, Tom's Hardware also have similar stats but on this occasion they were missing a couple GPUs.

My current card is the HD 7970 and I've worked out the % increase in each game for various other cards, I get the average and then use the current prices to get a bang for buck value. Many variables can influence the numbers so it's more of a rough guide but still provides a valuable comparison. The age of the HD 7970 meant less benchmark results that were available for every card, I omitted 1080p results as I'm only interested in VR. I've attached the spreadsheet even though it's quite basic as it has other stuff like power usage and some synthetic benchmarks.

(In the end I went against the data and got am R9 Nano :lol: The scant info I could find regarding VR was for the current GPU generation AMD has a few advantages, the R9 390X was the seemingly obvious buy but my 520W PSU wasn't going to handle it sadly and buying a new PSU blew it's value proposition out of the water. It's only the recent price drop on the Nano that even brought it into contention)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr. Pain

Re: GPU Comparo

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have a 7970 and a 775 watt PSU. 7970 does what I want as the only newish games I play are AC and PCars. Bot push it and it's got coil rattle now.
Minister for Religious Genocide.