Tobii EyeX Eye tracking

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Shonky

Tobii EyeX Eye tracking

Post by Shonky »

Anyone heard of this or used one?

Link to their site. http://www.tobii.com/xperience/apps/

Here's a video of a guy using it in Elite, half tempted to grab one as a stop gap until VR matures a bit. Looks a bit more stable/accurate than TrackIR.
Santaria

Re: Tobii EyeX Eye tracking

Post by Santaria »

I don't know how that would go. I just can't get my head around, well, not moving my head and looking around. In saying that, I've never used head tracking.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I've heard of it but honestly haven't looked that deeply into it, for me it seems to be a slightly more fancy TIR.
As for TIR I could never get my head (so to speak) around it for sim-racing as any change in camera view skewed any feeling I had with the cars rotation.
But for flight-sim TIR is great so this could be a step forward in that genre, well if you don't go VR that is.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

After playing some games in vr I really miss being able to easily look around when I'm in non-vr games. track-ir never made sense to me but this looks interesting. Need to see it in some more fps games. I watched a couple dayz vids and it didn't seem like it was adding all that much.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Santaria wrote:I don't know how that would go. I just can't get my head around, well, not moving my head and looking around. In saying that, I've never used head tracking.
I tried using head tracking and couldn't stand it, it just didn't feel natural, whereas this you can move your head around with your vision focused on a single point and the viewpoint should stay put. I guess it's all a compromise but I think this would feel more natural than head tracking does.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm pretty happy with my Track-IR. I don't see any great advantages in going to this method.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Oh well, impulse buy for the win, will let you know what I think when it turns up. :rofl:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is a more convincing video for fps

Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Tobii EyeX Eye tracking

Post by Santaria »

Shonky wrote:Oh well, impulse buy for the win, will let you know what I think when it turns up. :rofl:
Please let me know how it goes mate [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Will do, 3 weeks delivery they say!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

It arrived, and does what it says on the tin! Takes a little to get used to, but feels much more natural than TrackIR, I could never get my brain to function the way it needs, but this is pretty easy to get the hang of.

Still dialling in the settings to my taste but it's pretty close, I might reduce the speed just a little. In the short period I've had it, I'd say it's worth the $160AU.

Excuse the crappy videos, just used the built Win10 game capture app to grab the video.