PS VR 550 AUD

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

PS VR 550 AUD

Post by Righteous »

Doesn't include camera (required) and doesn't include motion controllers (required). Available in October.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/15/ ... -announced

Not much cheaper than the rift.
renesis37

Re: PS VR 550 AUD

Post by renesis37 »

It will be annoying when the ear buds fall out.. I wonder how it will perform on the poor hardware of the PS4

I am pumped for Vive with its fast head tracking and smaller subpixels.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Headphones are the same deal as with the Vive. PS4 works with Bluetooth headphones, so I don't see why there would be any reason you couldn't just keep doing that.

I think OR has the best inbuilt audio solution.

I hadn't really heard anything about the little processor box that it comes with, I wonder if that will take some of the load off the PS4 to help maintain frame rates?

Generally I imagine games won't have the graphical niceties of the PC VR devices, but there's no reason it can't hit 60fps. I know project cars is hitting 60 most the time.

It will be interesting to see how it is received.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

From what I've read the box doesn't do much. My guess is he PS4 will do all the rendering and create a side by side image, that goes to the breakout box which will send one side out to the monitor so that people in the room get a non-warped view of what the player sees. Then it does warping for the side-by side view and sends it to the HMD.

If they have a cheap bundle with everything included it could be tempting. I don't think the view is much better than DK2 though, and it would be hard to go back to that after using Rift/Vive CV1.

Biggest problem for Playstation is that they won't be able to do much to improve that. They could release a higher res panel in a year or 2, but they'll still have to render at the same res and upscale. So they've started behind PC and in 2-3 years they're going to be a long way behind.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I wonder what bundles will be on offer.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That looks mad!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Sim racing is transformed completely by VR. I freaking love doing the RallyX stuff in DiRT with the Oculus and generally found it kinda bland without. I even rarely enjoyed AC that much, which is more or less me getting a little sick of circuit racing sims rather than any reflection on the great job the devs have done. But in VR, I could lap for hours loving the hell out of it. The KTM feels so good in VR.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Will be getting this if the bike games get on board!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Press embargo has ended. Lots of reviews out there.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/10/p ... lity-buck/

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

General response is that the headset and games are good, but the tracking is terrible

The amount of movement Giant Bomb were getting when stationary is crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mF6m_ ... .be&t=1140
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Not sure terrible is the correct word. It does seem to have a sweet spot though of 1.5m.

Honestly I think it's a threat and for that people will naturally go into "protect my purchase" mode rather than hoping Sony makes the smarter move and opens it up to the PC market.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I based that on the reviews, not fanboy comments. Good tracking is very important so it's odd that they seem to have dropped the ball in that department, especially with a stereo camera setup. Hopefully it's just a software issue they can fix, but you'd think they would get it right for review units.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Yep agree, sounds like the typical "day one" patch that we're all used to these days. It still might not be enough, I'm happy to wait.

Oh and Darren, my comment wasn't directed at you (might not have been clear). Just stuff I've been reading :)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Another review, good n bad.

SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

for what it's worth.... I've got PSVR, spent maybe 3hrs total playing the demos.
Had zero tracking issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Steve
---
petey

Post by petey »

The reviews on tracking issues have really put me off. Don't think I could handle putting that much money down and having it that bad. When looking at the fidelity of what it is using to track vs the others I feel they have definitely put less effort in that department. But that is without me actually trying either so...
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Can be used with any other HDMI input as long as it is connected to the PS usb, and in Theater mode.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I really hope PSVR gets hacked at least to work outside of PS4. I knew about the HDMI thing I just also think VR in general is in it's infancy.

Looking back at "gen 1" devices they'll all be classed as "pretty shit" once we've had a few true generations so I'm not sure why people are picking sides yet.

Embrace, extend, extinguish people!
wabbit

Post by wabbit »