Nvidia Pascal

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Nvidia Pascal

Post by wobblysauce »

DarrenM wrote:Scorptec posted their official prices on OCAU. Seems the price difference is down to brand even though the cards are identical.
ASUS GTX 1080: $1249
Gigabyte GTX 1080: $1249
EVGA GTX 1080: $1179
MSI GTX 1080: $1179
Yep, the first wave of cards are all the Reference board, with aftermarket coolers with some of them having a slight tweak in base clock speeds. All perform better then Reference card as it can run cooler and boost higher(chip lottery aside).

Most are going to be selling them for 50$USD less then the Reference also.

And yep 1070 are TBD as there not passed NDA point atm.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:Scorptec posted their official prices on OCAU. Seems the price difference is down to brand even though the cards are identical.

ASUS GTX 1080: $1249
Gigabyte GTX 1080: $1249
EVGA GTX 1080: $1179
MSI GTX 1080: $1179
I wonder which MSI card it is, I was reading this earlier, they have 4 different 1080 models. :shake:
http://hothardware.com/news/msi-unveils ... 1080-cards
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Sadly all the same card with different coolers and profiles, Seahawk is the only really different one with the Corsair partnership again for the AIO solution.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

1070 reviews are up. It's a little ahead of 980Ti/TitanX at 1080p/1440p. Not quite as strong at 4k, which makes the 1080 a much better choice for VR.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nv ... iew,1.html
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Yeah I was watching a video on the weekend showing the FE against an EVGA card and the cooling solution on that killed the FE with thermal throttling slowing the FE card after a few minutes of doom, whereas the EVGA card stayed at the boost clock for much longer.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

What I have found interesting is there is a lot of complaint about thermal throttling, yet no one runs the fans at 100% manually when gaming. They all let software controller it or the device itself. I don't understand apart from a potential reliability issue why you would not run the fans at 100% when you are in a game?

;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Noise level. If the card needs to it'll run the fans at 100%. No point having them run full tilt when they don't need to be.

White noise causes stress. Cutting out fan noise can make a big difference if you're on the PC a lot. I recently upgraded to a case with 120mm fans and a water cooler for the CPU. It's so much more relaxing having a near silent PC.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea I meant only when in a game. Not for desktop duties. But I understand, some people don't want to hear it. I couldn't care less, I am half deaf anyway lol

;)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I remembered the video I mentioned, check it out and make of it what you will.

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yea I watched that one last night during the F1. Local shop has 4 FE's arriving tomorrow, he was pushing hard for me to take one and I kept steering him back to the reports I had been reading. And then the price, $1400 for an FE ASUS card lol

;)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

None of the people I know with the 1080 are having the fan ramp issue.. though none of them are using the stock fan profile either. Most set it to run at least 10-15c lower, with a similar cooler curve like you run on every other card.

That is it Shonky.. slight tweak from stock profiles and it is not an issue.

Components are set like that normally from a RMA point of view, less issues running slightly safer specs.

With the 1070 matching the Titan it is going to be interesting to see the prices people pick up other cards for.

But team Red launches soon also. with AMD embargo lifts June 29th 9am EST.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Here go the price drops.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/gigaby ... rd-ab68829

That seems to be a pretty good deal to me.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wobblysauce wrote:But team Red launches soon also. with AMD embargo lifts June 29th 9am EST.
Team red is dead to me, every time I've tried their cards I've fucked around drivers bugs that never get fixed, and I''m still putting up with a PC at work that throws random driver restarts since windows 10 was installed, team red's fix for this was to throw it in the too hard basket and discontinue support for 6000 series cards, yes it's an older GPU but it's in a Dell Vostro desktop, I wonder how many million businesses are out there still putting up with the bug that AMD decided to not give a fuck about.

Nvidia on the other hand have typically fixed any major bugs in a quick fashion, and more obscure stuff takes a while but in my experience they get it eventually, a GPU for me is 50% hardware and 50% software, and AMD have shown me that they can't complete the package time and again.
richo

Post by richo »

AMD is dead to me too , unless of course they come out with neural vr.
[]D [] []v[] []D
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Price released.. for the new Polaris RX480 $199USD..

6pin conector and less then 150w draw.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I've had no issues at all with my Gigabyte R9 - 280x. I have no preference. I'll grab whatever is reasonably priced and gives good performance.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hmmmm.....if the RX480 matches the performance of the 1070 it's gonna come down to whether I can put up with buggy drivers at that price. :doh: :rofl:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Shonky wrote:Hmmmm.....if the RX480 matches the performance of the 1070 it's gonna come down to whether I can put up with buggy drivers at that price. :doh: :rofl:

They're certainly better than they were 5 years ago. But the fact remains, they're always playing catch up to nVidia.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Talk about MSI and a card at $599 or under.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

My guess is the RX480 will have 970/980 level performance using whatever chipset they've designed for PS4.5 and the next xbone.
wobblysauce

Pascal Polaris

Post by wobblysauce »

Darren that is what I am thinking also.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graph ... shes-test/
Computex: Two AMD RX480s beat GTX 1080 in Ashes test

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics- ... 27657155=1
AMD Polaris Radeon RX 480 will launch for $199, more than 5 TFLOPS of compute

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Think I'm still leaning towards the 1070, I sure don't need the head aches and lack of support for Crossfire, will wait and see when the real reviews come out.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I am sitting here waiting with my wallet open to get either 2x1070's or a hybrid 1080.. waiting, waiting, waiting... Hurry up you fucks!

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Big Pascal, aka the Titan replacement getting closer.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gp100-pascal-zauba/

;)