Simvibe help

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Sarsippius

Simvibe help

Post by Sarsippius »

Any simvibe experts here?

Long story short my setup was done on the cheap but still works well, the issue is large bumps seem to trigger an overload protection in the little t-amps I'm using. When I hit a large bump the output will cut out for a few seconds before continuing on so I basically adjust the volume on the amps to a level to try and avoid this happening but then the other effects are reduced.

Is there a setting in simvibe to be able to reduce or smooth out these big peaks? If I can reduce these major bumps just enough to avoid the signal cutting out I can then crank the volume a bit more to enhance the other effects.

My other option is to buy more powerful amps but that costs $$$
pab

Re: Simvibe help

Post by pab »

It's possible that the overload peaks are being caused by a single effect type? If you turn all the effects you have running off then one by one go through turning only one on at a time (and then test for a few laps each time) you might find out which effects are causing the overload, then you can reduce just that effect with the slider in simvibe?

Hope that helps.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yes iirc each effect has it's own volume slider, find which effect is causing it & open it's panel to adjust it's overall volume in dB.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Thanks but I was kinda hoping to avoid doing it that way. I'm assuming it's road bumps or front & rear suspension bumps and ideally I'd like a medium bump say to feel the same but reduce the severity of the big bumps. There's some filters you can apply but they're not very clear on what they do or how they work exactly.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So if your not happy turning down the max volume slider of the effect(s) causing it then maybe change some of the other parameters like tone / sensitivity?
Either way this will take some time to work out the causing effect(s) then the setting within, that removes the overload spike.
Have you posted this on the SimVibe Users Forum, there are some very smart cookies on there?

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."