Look what i just bought =)

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Ap0c

Look what i just bought =)

Post by Ap0c »

Finally decided to upgrade to an LCD and thought i'd do it in style :D

This thing rocks for LFS, takes up your whole view :yes:

Anyone else have one of these? If so what do u think of it after your hours upon hours of use?
Speed

Post by Speed »

Very nice. LCD is the go nowdays I reckon. I don't have one of those but I recently bought a new PC with a Viewsonic VX924 monitor. I'm sure LCD is way easier on your eyes when going for a long session.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

nicely done Ap0c. wouldn't fit on my desk though
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

niiiiiiiiiiiice
what response time is it? do you notice any 'ghosting' in games?
ive been wanting an LCD for ages...
damn money..
hehe
Steve
---
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

It's 16ms Response with a Native Resolution of 1900x1200.

As of yet i haven't noticed any ghosting in games , been playing LFS and World Of Warcraft.

Great monitor for anyone stupid enough to spend this sort of cash on one :rofl:
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Did the side fall off your case?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

nice, i gots a 19" and since i've had it, not a single headache or sore eyes from staring at the screen, i've had mine for close on a year now, never experienced ghosting, a lot of people ask me about it tho, i personally think its a bit of a myth.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Myth? Ghosts? Dont be silly. I saw one the other day, he was chatting with the tooth fairy, beside him was Santa and his best mate the easter bunny...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

next time you see the tooth fairy, tell her she still owes me $2.50, its way past 90 days, and attracting finance charges of 14.5% per month, Please inform her to pay or it will be placed in the hands of the debt collectors. And tell her that one night in cairns, didnt count for a downpayment, as she would not let leave a deposit so i only saw it fair to reject hers.

That said and done, The Easter Bunny is a crazy mofo, one night at the pub, oh my god....WASTED!!!.. i reckon he shagged half the girls that night too....... tell him "Fringe Monkey's" HA!!! he'll know what it means.. he'll know
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I want that LCD sooooo bad! Good mate of mine got one when they first came out, after playing ut2004 @ 1900x1200 I fell in love with it, decided to upgrade my pc before getting that tho.

by the way, totaly off topic question, where do you live? ground floor? I hate climbing :p

jks
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

ghosting is no myth..
ive seen it plenty of times in fast moving games and DVD's.

i know its no real comparison, but check out the PSP screen... ghosting galore there.
Steve
---
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Is that Liquid cooling I see inside that case? If so how much and where from?
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Hz-Lab wrote:next time you see the tooth fairy, tell her she still owes me $2.50, its way past 90 days, and attracting finance charges of 14.5% per month, Please inform her to pay or it will be placed in the hands of the debt collectors. And tell her that one night in cairns, didnt count for a downpayment, as she would not let leave a deposit so i only saw it fair to reject hers.

That said and done, The Easter Bunny is a crazy mofo, one night at the pub, oh my god....WASTED!!!.. i reckon he shagged half the girls that night too....... tell him "Fringe Monkey's" HA!!! he'll know what it means.. he'll know
:yes: :rofl:
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

SE1Z wrote:ghosting is no myth..
ive seen it plenty of times in fast moving games and DVD's.

i know its no real comparison, but check out the PSP screen... ghosting galore there.
yeah, i know it does happen, but i dont think its as common as people think, I have had people scoff when i say i have an LCD screen, like they are completely against the idea b4 they've even seen it. I know lots of people with them that have not had problems one bit.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I brought (sp?) my LCD over a year and a half ago and have never had any ghosting well that I can tell. I've watched movies and am constantly gaming.

Honestly the only people I've seen talking about ghosting are those who dont have one. Active LCD monitors DO NOT GHOST unless you have it set to a low refresh rate which isnt close to the optimal for the monitor.
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

Unforgiven wrote:Is that Liquid cooling I see inside that case? If so how much and where from?
Yep, it sure is.

Got it from here: http://davidandkarma.yahoostore.com.au/ ... 1107285342

The Athlon 64 Kit :)
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Cheers bloke :)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Sitting here reading the forums and deciding not to play LFS tonight because the eye strain I get after 10 mins looking at my CRT, even though it's at 85Hz, makes me feel like I'm stoned (in a bad way ;)) I think an LCD is definately on the agenda in the very near future. It won't be quite something so special as yours Apoc but $700 should get me a fairly good 19" :yes:
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I'm seriously tempted to get one of those monitors. A few of my friends have the exact same one and are always raving about how good it is.

Where'd you purchase yours from?
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

You can only buy them through Dell.com.au as far as i know...
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

That looks like it could be a goer DarrenM, any experience with them?
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

Unforgiven wrote:I brought (sp?)
FYI

I brought my son with me today.

I bought a new CD from KMart.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

LCD's are the way to go, and there getting really cheap. Ghosting is bearly a problem on this 30ms sloth im viewing atm, on a 16ms and below its not a problem at all.
Doso

Post by Doso »

i thought dell just released its new lcd range including 32 inch model?

but yeah those 24 inch dells are prety sweet, will be looking to get one in the near future