Optus Cable probs?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Optus Cable probs?

Post by tehsid »

Anybody in melb (or au) having problems with Optus Cable dropping out?

I am.. alot.. shitting me like crazy!
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

This is from the service status page from Optus.

Cable Network
Message posted at: 2005-12-18 17:19
What: Temporary outage
When: Current
Duration: No estimated time of restoration
Impact: Temporary disruption or partial degradation of Internet Access

We lost internet sporadically through the evening, and when we did have it, it was like bolting two 9600baud modems together and connecting with wet string to the outlet.

Needless to say, it seems to have come good again.. so far.. but Optus service just isn't what it used to be.
Still loving my cable, but hating the supplier more and more as each day goes on :(
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I had no issues at all.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I have Optus cable problems, i can't get it at my house the stupid fucking underground power crap bastard things.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:I have Optus cable problems, i can't get it at my house the stupid fucking underground power crap bastard things.
Why would you want it?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Was at a customers the other day and he has Optus. He had a problem and his modem and had to get it replaced. I told him to make sure that the technician sets it up using the Ethernet card rather than USB. Anyway, when I got there it was set up with USB. When I connected it to the Ethernet card, XP reported that the cable wasn't plugged in. I plugged it into a router and it pretty much suggested that it couldn't find the modem. I suggested that the Ethernet port on the modem might be stuffed. We rang Optus Support and my customer had an argument with the guy on the phone who was suggesting that his records indicated that he didn't get a replacement modem. My customer suggested that it must have been a paperwork error and that the technician possibly didn't fill out the report but the Optus guy was insistant that he could not have had this modem (which we were both staring at). If I could have had a dollar for each time my customer said f#%k to this guy on the phone, I could have gone and bought him a new modem.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:
w00dsy wrote:I have Optus cable problems, i can't get it at my house the stupid fucking underground power crap bastard things.
Why would you want it?
it's a shitload faster(i max out at 160-170kb's), has 20/40gig(14/14gig) and they class off peak as 12-12 or something, unlike Westnet's 12-7am. The question is why would i rather adsl. Once adsl2 hits Tarneit, i'm signing up. Unfortunatly it seems TPG is the only one doing that in the near future.
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Optus are also doing adsl2 in march.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

at tarneit?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:The question is why would i rather adsl. Once adsl2 hits Tarneit, i'm signing up. Unfortunatly it seems TPG is the only one doing that in the near future.
Because you can get ADSL. :lol:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

w00dsy wrote:at tarneit?
Yeah.... my mate just got optus adsl becasue the guy told him he could upgrade for free when it got enabled in march...

He live about 2 min from me, so like... 30 sec's from you.....