Router setup help

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Router setup help

Post by Gizmo »

A couple of weeks ago i got a D-Link DGL 4300 Gaming Router. I've had some ussies with BT ever sice. I've opened the deafult ports that were preset in the router along with the port i use for it. Well, at least i think i have...lol

These are the issues i'm having.

1) If i use my internet browser (IE6) while BT is running my pc will lose internet connection untill i close BT and all IE windows but all the other pc on the network isn't effected.

2) BT will only download when it's in the right mood. Most times it will download afew mb's of the file then stop, but it's only 1 time out of 10 that it will actually download the file.

I don't know if this helps but i'll attach it anyway

wabz

Post by wabz »

It looks to me like you're doing this in the wrong place. The BT ports need to be forwarded to the correct machines internally, not just opened (this would explain why your BT downloads don't often succeed). I'm not sure why you put 6969 as the trigger port for the first BT rule. But I can't see why these settings would give the network connectivity symptoms. Try removing these rules (not the msn one - that only needs NAT, not port forwarding) and doing port forwarding for BT instead.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what you've done here, but here's how it's configured on my D-Link router:

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Wabz and Wild are on the right track Gizmo, you'll need to forward the BT ports using the Virtual Server option at the top of the menu. (Disclaimer - Most BT apps these days use UPnP, if your router has this, enable it and the apps will forward the ports themselves)