Why you shouldnt by a mac

All the funny stuff goes in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Why you shouldnt by a mac

Post by norbs »

Fair enough. 20 days is a lot more than I would have expected from XP, that's for sure, but he is still a long way short of 7 weeks.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Well he's only rebooting today to install some Windows updates. I've no doubt it would and has run for seven weeks. :D
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Crack 15 weeks and I'll be impressed :)
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

[05:40pm] <EzyRider> Windows7 [uptime] 2wks 5days 2hrs 29mins 21secs [record uptime] 11wks 1day 1hr 36mins 24secs on May 28 2010
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

so the Mac boots really fast and it doesn't need to be turned off very often, awesome selling points. The main reason it's so stable is cos there's only 5 different things you can do with them :p
markus

Post by markus »

EzyRider wrote:[05:40pm] <EzyRider> Windows7 [uptime] 2wks 5days 2hrs 29mins 21secs [record uptime] 11wks 1day 1hr 36mins 24secs on May 28 2010
I don't get this uptime obsession. All a long uptime tells me is that you are missing several critical updates and are just waiting to be 0wned.
Much cycling such kilometers.
doug99

Post by doug99 »

Mac users quote uptime figures as compensation for a lack of uptime of their cocks :lol:

Windows users quote the number of applications available as an excuse for the fact their machine is a slut that will let anyone play with it, and may even have a virus or two to prove it :lol:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Here ya go Durbs. :)

http://osxdaily.com/2010/10/21/amazing- ... -454-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Yeah and read the first comment :D

(plus servers don't count anyway) :p
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i've had my car running for 4 days straight now. I'm going for the record. Plus my car turns on much faster than yours.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:i've had my car running for 4 days straight now. I'm going for the record. Plus my car turns on much faster than yours.
You know the car/computer analogy.
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

I can honestly say I've never owned a Mac, so I've never had the (dis)pleasure of using their OS or experiencing the (lack of) hangups that they inherently have.. so I went out and build a Hackintosh, using Snow Leopard (10.6.2). In fact, I'm currently posting this from my Hackintosh :)

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by it. Okay, so it's not on a Mac, but this machine is probably the equivalent of a midrange Mac, so I can get fair to good response from it. It was actually a whole lot easier than I thought it would be to install. Once I'd worked out how to use the silly thing, everything just started clicking for me. In fact, so much so, that Unforgiven is now calling me a hippy, and asking me if I have a pair of sandals, some corduroy pants, and a paisley shirt.

I'll start experimenting with uptimes/stability/wankability over the next few weeks, see what comes of it compared to a similarly designed machine running Win7. So far, I'm not totally sold on the whole Mac experience, but I've certainly learnt more about their architecture, and even developed something of a mild form of respect for it.

Unforgiven, blame Norbs.. he got me thinking about this. :P
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Montey

Post by Montey »

I used to use FreeBSD as a desktop operating system with X11, does that make me a MAC user?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!