How NOT to take criticism by a reviewer.

All the funny stuff goes in here.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I had a chuckle at this.
The reviewer gave his review on Jacqueline Howett's book the 'The Greek Seaman', the following comments mostly by the author that follow are classic, so self destructive.

http://booksandpals.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... l#comments

Our resident pendant should have done a review as the final comment by the reviewer mentions "Numerous proofing, typo, and grammar issues."
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

'it’s difficult to get into the book without being jarred back to reality as you attempt unraveling what the author meant.'

That sounds familiar. I like how she gives up and just keeps replying with 'fuck off'.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: How NOT to take criticism by a reviewer.

Post by VTRacing »

That was fun.

Actually you get some idea of her style from her "About Me" section on her blog:
About Me
Author, poet and artist. Just something I have been doing my whole life. I'm happy to have finally The Greek Seaman novel published on KIndle and the Nook, sony ereader or PC with the free Apps, along with my poems and short stories and more of my wares will be published soon. My second novel Cass, I hope to publish by the winter, or early 2012. And there is a third novel nearing its first draft. Born in London, England and now living in the USA. I was a big traveler in my time before settling in the USA. I have seen quite a lot of the world since a child, mostly just around Europe and to Greece, Cyprus and then later Africa, Turkey, Libya, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt and Mexico and Canada. In 2001 my English father, an artist visited me in the USA. Prior to that I hadn’t seen him for twenty years. My parents divorced when I was twelve. My Greek Mother was still traveling to Greece for short visits and visiting me here in America before she passed. It was in 1988/9, I came to live in America. Maine is where I first landed to live. I've also lived in California, and since 2002, I have been living back in Florida.
:teach:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

She's as good a writer as I am a glass blower. Why anyone would read her book after that (leave for a laugh) is beyond me.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I have a $50 that says she's a relative of Wobblysauce.

:D :p
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

lol
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Rots wrote:I have a $50 that says she's a relative of Wobblysauce.

:D :p

Hence my first comment.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

KNAPPO wrote:...Our resident pendant...
Not to be an annoying pedant but...

Regarding the author, now that her "fuck off's" have gone viral I expect that her current and future works will have a much larger sales volume. A crazy thing this internets.