I am addicted to Comedy Podcasts!

All the funny stuff goes in here.
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

I am addicted to Comedy Podcasts!

Post by Gougoodthing »

Some of these are hilarious

All available on itunes (for free) or if you are a non i-tuner (like me) they have direct links where you can download and listen later

Most of them take 3 or 4 episodes until you "get the vibe", but i am absolutely hooked on these.

PS these ones are all Melbourne based stand up comedians

PPSS they can be VERY adult

good one to start with: (and my fave)

http://dumdumclub.libsyn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hilarious

http://sweetestplum.libsyn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also hilarious, but can be very wierd as well. Takes some getting used to

http://forthedrivehome.libsyn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and of course Wil Anderson

http://tofop.libsyn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trust me, if you have a decent sense of humour and a very broad mind, these things are dead set hilarious.

There's a few more as well, of a similar ilk. I believe that they prefer you use itunes, if possible.

ENjoy!
DarrenM

Re: I am addicted to Comedy Podcasts!

Post by DarrenM »

Thanks. I've been looking for something to listen to on the bus.

Listened to the Ricky Gervais radio show & podcats last year. They were good value.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

http://rrrfm.libsyn.com/rss/All%20Over%20The%20Shop
Leaping Larry and Stew just sort of spend 2 hours talk'n about stuff.
Very funny sort of drunken ramblings when sober.
Leaping Larry L is a Melbourne underground comedy writer from way back.
He also has a blog.

http://www.leapster.com.au/
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Cheers Cutter, and Darren, I hope you enjoy them!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

The Bugle!

http://www.thebuglepodcast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Not sure about Dum Dum club since they switched to the 2 guest format. Seems to be too many cooks sometimes.

Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds do a great podcast where they stick to one topic each show. Usually about weird and fucked up happenings in the US.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Stopped listening to the regular podcasts because I got sick of hearing comedians talk shop and cover the same ground over and over. Anyone know of other podcasts with good content? Got excited for Ricky Gervais new podcast but it's been garbage apart from a couple episodes

Recently found Sizzletown by Tony Martin and I'm enjoying it.

https://sizzletown.podbean.com

His old radio show Get This is also available

http://www.purehumbug.com/
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Myths and legends podcast is good.

https://www.mythpodcast.com/
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Podcasts? As somebody who got the bus two hours a day for several years, I've got loads :D

Political stuff
Arab Tyrant Manual - it's about the middle east from one of the organisers of the Arab Spring. Listen to episode one if you want to learn what's going on in Saudi Arabia
Caliphate - a New York Times reporter speaks to former ISIS members and goes into Iraq during the battle to take Mosul back. It's told more like a story this one.
Politically Reactive - a couple of comedians - one black and one Indian - try to make sense of politics in America. They have some amazing guests.

Interesting stuff
Revisionist History - Malcolm Gladwell looking back at overlooked events in history. Sometimes it's too American and goes over my head but some of them are really interesting. The one about the sticking Toyota accelerators is a good start.
No Such Thing As a Fish - a comedy podcast by the researchers for QI, full of facts and amusing chatter about them. It's much funnier than it sounds.
Skeptoid - a bloke debunks the general bollocks you see every day on the internet
Song Exploder - a podcast where they interview song writers about one of their songs and break it down into its constituent parts. I don't know most of the songs so only dip in when I recognise something but it's quite interesting nonetheless
The Infinite Monkey Cage - a BBC science comedy panel show (with Brian Cox)
The Life Scientific - another BBC one; simply interviews with scientists
You Are Not So Smart - a lot about psychology, particularly about how terrible we are at deciphering all the information we're now presented with on a daily basis.

Chat
Distraction Pieces with Scroobius Pip - interesting interviews with interesting people by an interesting bloke
Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast - interviews mainly with comedians but the questions are at the "have you ever tried to suck your own cock" level :)

Radio shows
Elis James and John Robins Radio X podcast - a British radio duo, quite idiosyncratic but once you've found a way in it's very funny

Films
How Did This Get Made - reviews of terrible films. They go into absurd detail but it can be very funny.
I Was There Too - interviews with people who were extras or lesser characters during major film moments. Really interesting and the bloke who presents it has a dreamy voice :D
Kermode and Mayo's Film Review - a very British podcast full of in-jokes but it's huge here and really enjoyable
Yeah, It's That Bad - Funny film reviews

Cars
Gareth Jones on Speed - talking about cars, features Sniff Petrol

Comedy
Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown - a sort of game show with a lot of improvisation.
The Worst Idea of All Time - a couple of New Zealand comedians watch a shit film every week for a year. They started with Grown Ups 2 then did Sex and the City 2. I just go through the latter and it's an amazing study of two blokes totally losing it.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Films
Skip to the end
Sci-Fi onscreen
Retrospection - reviews older films
Ya shoulda seen this by now - not listened to these yet

Cars
Carfection - For the Love of Cars - not on itunes yet but I rip the YT audio
Gareth Jones on Speed
Behind the Glass

F1
Autosport podcast

Crime
Generation Why

Other stuff
Dan Snow's history hit
Infinite Monkey Cage
Liftoff - space stuff
Space rocket history
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Those should keep me going for a while. Thanks guys :)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

As a fan of Bob Mortimer (binged Shooting Stars on youtube a couple years ago), I'm enjoying Athletico Mince at the moment.

https://athleticomince.com

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

durbster wrote:Podcasts? As somebody who got the bus two hours a day for several years, I've got loads :D

Political stuff
Arab Tyrant Manual - it's about the middle east from one of the organisers of the Arab Spring. Listen to episode one if you want to learn what's going on in Saudi Arabia
Caliphate - a New York Times reporter speaks to former ISIS members and goes into Iraq during the battle to take Mosul back. It's told more like a story this one.
Politically Reactive - a couple of comedians - one black and one Indian - try to make sense of politics in America. They have some amazing guests.

Interesting stuff
Revisionist History - Malcolm Gladwell looking back at overlooked events in history. Sometimes it's too American and goes over my head but some of them are really interesting. The one about the sticking Toyota accelerators is a good start.
No Such Thing As a Fish - a comedy podcast by the researchers for QI, full of facts and amusing chatter about them. It's much funnier than it sounds.
Skeptoid - a bloke debunks the general bollocks you see every day on the internet
Song Exploder - a podcast where they interview song writers about one of their songs and break it down into its constituent parts. I don't know most of the songs so only dip in when I recognise something but it's quite interesting nonetheless
The Infinite Monkey Cage - a BBC science comedy panel show (with Brian Cox)
The Life Scientific - another BBC one; simply interviews with scientists
You Are Not So Smart - a lot about psychology, particularly about how terrible we are at deciphering all the information we're now presented with on a daily basis.

Chat
Distraction Pieces with Scroobius Pip - interesting interviews with interesting people by an interesting bloke
Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast - interviews mainly with comedians but the questions are at the "have you ever tried to suck your own cock" level :)

Radio shows
Elis James and John Robins Radio X podcast - a British radio duo, quite idiosyncratic but once you've found a way in it's very funny

Films
How Did This Get Made - reviews of terrible films. They go into absurd detail but it can be very funny.
I Was There Too - interviews with people who were extras or lesser characters during major film moments. Really interesting and the bloke who presents it has a dreamy voice :D
Kermode and Mayo's Film Review - a very British podcast full of in-jokes but it's huge here and really enjoyable
Yeah, It's That Bad - Funny film reviews

Cars
Gareth Jones on Speed - talking about cars, features Sniff Petrol

Comedy
Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown - a sort of game show with a lot of improvisation.
The Worst Idea of All Time - a couple of New Zealand comedians watch a shit film every week for a year. They started with Grown Ups 2 then did Sex and the City 2. I just go through the latter and it's an amazing study of two blokes totally losing it.

Was it you that recommended No Such Things as a Fish on Twitter durbs? I fucking love it. I am driving people around me crazy quoting their crazy facts.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

norbs wrote: Was it you that recommended No Such Things as a Fish on Twitter durbs? I fucking love it. I am driving people around me crazy quoting their crazy facts.
It's usually one of the first I recommend to people so quite possibly :)

Annoyingly, I'm no good at retaining trivia so I can never remember the facts.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I've been working my way through it as well. I'm terrible with remembering the facts as well. Several times I've got 1/2 way through an episode before realizing I've already listened to it.

Had to stop listening on the bus though as it seems my ears don't agree with ear buds any more. I'll have to try on/over ear headphones or something next time I need a break from books.

The Unbelievable Truth is another good one about facts, but in a different way. They give speeches and try to hide 5 facts about a topic from the other panelists in a bunch of lies. Harder to find downloads for it though as it's a BBC radio programme not a podcast.