Ozbee-racing.com down

A temporary forum just in case ozbee-r's site goes tits up.
funkdancer

Ozbee-racing.com down

Post by funkdancer »

Unfortunately our web server is currently down.
We expect to be up again this weekend, in the mean time we thank Arse for having kept this backup going for us.
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Re: Ozbee-racing.com down

Post by Gougoodthing »

Hooray for me remembering it was here!

Can we still bag all the nooby crashy drivers, assuming they will never find us here?

Boobs.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Funky, top job mate! (you know what i'm talking about ;))
We will have a fund-raising event shortly...
balls & boobs. . .
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Forums are now back. Until the domain name has been transferred, http://OzBee-Racing.funkdancer.com/phpbb is the temp location. As it could potentially take a while I'm announcing this here.

We'll work on getting a proper template etc set up after a while, the main thing was to get the forums going again. I wanted to run with phpBB version 3 after seeing how awesome it looks here @ arse. :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Gents, if you like, we could set up a more permanent arrangement for you blokes on here.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

is the temp forum that funky has set up (ie, http://ozbee-racing.funkdancer.com/phpbb/index.php) transportable to ARSE now Norbs??
balls & boobs. . .
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Quincy wrote:is the temp forum that funky has set up (ie, http://ozbee-racing.funkdancer.com/phpbb/index.php) transportable to ARSE now Norbs??
Not as far as I am aware. Even though it is the same forum type, all the database references would be different. eg, You are user 104 over there, but user 511 here. Forum ID #1 here is off Topic, over there it is Announcements.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Thanks very much for the offer Norbs, it's greatly appreciated!
I think that we need to retain our own phpBB as all the posts etc make up the key historic elements to MNR and OzBee.

Sap, it's not a temp forum, just a temp address. As soon as the losing registrar releases OzBee racing the domain will be active on Bluhost; it's just waiting for the transfer. Same thing goes for Mondaynightracing.com - although I've yet to do the config there. Being much smaller it'll be much quicker, however the 3.5GB of replays etc will take some time to upload hehe.

Now, it'd be great to have more integration happening as the ARSE community is much bigger; and also LFS is up against some stiff competition. So I think I'll close the LFS (and rFactor etc) forums and set up redirections to the corresponding ARSE ones. This would expose current MNR only members to the greater community and thus be a good thing.

I must say that I found that restoring the phpbb backup was a huge pain in the backside... Had to split the files and run multiple batches until all the data was in. It didn't help that the text only backup I did was truncated; thankfully I had also run the gzipped one that contained the whole file. Waiting for 30MBs to upload for processing, it took a very long time to do that job..!
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

funkdancer wrote: Sap, it's not a temp forum, just a temp address. As soon as the losing registrar releases OzBee racing the domain will be active on Bluhost; it's just waiting for the transfer. Same thing goes for Mondaynightracing.com - although I've yet to do the config there. Being much smaller it'll be much quicker, however the 3.5GB of replays etc will take some time to upload hehe.
Yeah I understand that, and was hoping that before you put even more effort into setting it up correctly that we made a decision on either staying with aour own seperate forum, or take advantage of norbs generosity, and the very good reasons already documented to merge with ARSE.

Seems it will be more work to bring all the history across but I am sure we could find a workable solution