Can anyone recommend a good online printing service?

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have an image I like and I'd like it turned onto something I can frame. I was hoping that someone might be able to steer me in the direction of a good high quality online printing service.

I'm thinking either A4 or A2 and I did look at officeworks but I found the online preview too dark. This is the image... I don't want too lose any of the detail and I am a n00b about printing.

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Bauer

Re: Can anyone recommend a good online printing service?

Post by Bauer »

Schuey - "Middle Earth"

just jokes. Nice pic :up: Maybe someone like Dex can hook you up
--------------
Stu
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

How about trying office works on a4 size as it would be fairly cheap... Then, assuming a2 is done on the same printer, you would get a good way of truly previewing their quality.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I had Harvey Norman do a canvas print of my f6. Was very happy with that possibly try them?
Speed

Post by Speed »

Printed images will pretty much always look darker than they do on your monitor. We always brighten our images a touch before sending them to print.
RGB in QLD. are pretty good.I wouldn't let Officeworks, Harvey's, Camera House etc. print my toilet roll. :)

Edit: Lovely image by the way.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well I found one called Photobox and see how it goes. Went for A3 as their webpage said it was good quality. A2 was going to be poor. Image is not big enough and poor dpi at that size.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Speed wrote:Printed images will pretty much always look darker than they do on your monitor. We always brighten our images a touch before sending them to print.
RGB in QLD. are pretty good.I wouldn't let Officeworks, Harvey's, Camera House etc. print my toilet roll. :)

Edit: Lovely image by the way.
This.

If you want an archival quality print I can do it. I don't print a hell of a lot these days (outside of work) and I have a few jobs going on, but I can definitely help you out if quality is your thing. So long as you don't mind a bit of a lazy turn around time.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'll see how the current job I got going is Dex but I will keep you in mind if I think I can get better. I really want to keep the detail especially around the belt and belt buckle area of the pic.