Attention all Sony dSLR and mirrorless users

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
J.D.
Rat

Attention all Sony dSLR and mirrorless users

Post by J.D. »

...if there be any of you here other than me & Dex...

Capture One Express is a free download of a studio program which supports Sony dSLRs and mirrorless cameras (including some compacts):

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/So ... press.aspx

My limited experience of this is that it's very good software. It should be. It's intended for pro use and many use it in preference to Lightroom. The engine is from a professional product which is intended for Phase One cameras but is now available for a host of others. The pro upgrade costs €50 or $50 but only supports Sony. The main reason for having it is tethered shooting. The full version, which supports all the major ones is €269. Here's a .pdf which shows the differences between the levels:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Sof ... 812EB.ashx
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Attention all Sony dSLR and mirrorless users

Post by DexterPunk »

The upgrade seems to include other very necessary things to be of much use. Like local adjustments.

I'm interested in having a look. I might download the trial version. But I doubt there is any advantage for me other than tethered shooting built right into the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J.D.
Rat

Re: Attention all Sony dSLR and mirrorless users

Post by J.D. »

Yeah, I think I'm going to pay for the upgrade.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.