2016 Canon announcements

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

2016 Canon announcements

Post by Big Kev »

EOS 5D Mark IV

-New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
-4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
-Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
-Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
-61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
-150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
-Dual Pixel RAW***, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
-Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
-Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.

Body only
USA $3499
UK £3599 :fall:

EF 16-35 f/2.8L III & EF 24-105 f/4L IS II

The new EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens features a large diameter GMO dual surface aspherical lens and ground aspherical lens, f/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range, fluorine coating, improved durability and is dust and water resistant. The new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom lens features an improved four-stop image stabilization as well as ghosting and flare reduction with air sphere coating.

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
Shipping in late October, 2016

USA $2199
UK £2349

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
Shipping in late October, 2016

USA $1099
UK £1129

the W-E1 Wifi Adaptor

Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the new Canon EOS 7D Mark II Kit, featuring the new SD card-sized Wi-Fi® Adapter W-E1. This new Wi-Fi adapter, when placed in one of the camera’s SD card slots, provides the EOS 7D Mark II with Wi-Fi capabilitiesi like easy transferring of images and MP4 videos as well as use of the Canon Camera Connect App for remote capture of still images via a compatible smartphone or tablet.ii

The Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 will be sold with the EOS 7D Mark II body as well as sold separately, and can also be used with the EOS 5DS and 5DS R as well as previously purchased EOS 7D Mark II camerasiii. When used with EOS 5DS and 5DS R cameras, the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 functionality is limited to the transfer of still images only. The W-E1 will support 802.11 b, g and n using the 2.4 GHz band.

Additionally, for the first time the EOS 7D Mark II camera will be conveniently bundled with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. This lens has been optimized for high-speed autofocusing when shooting stills and quiet and smooth zoom when shooting video. This is the first Canon lens equipped with Nano USM technology providing high-speed autofocus for shooting stills and silent, smooth autofocus when shooting video. The Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens also provides up to four stops of optical image stabilization.

The new Canon EOS 7D Mark II Lens Kit is currently scheduled to be available in October 2016 for an estimated retail price of $2,449.00*, with the body-only version also currently scheduled to be available in October 2016 for an estimated retail price of $1,849*. The Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is scheduled to be available in early September 2016 for an estimated retail price of $50.00*. A firmware update to enable compatibility with the W-E1 for previously purchased cameras is currently scheduled to be available in early September 2016 for the EOS 7D Mark II camera and November 2016 for the EOS 5DS and 5DS R cameras.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: 2016 Canon announcements

Post by DexterPunk »

Some excellent improvements there from Canon. The specs on that 5D4 look amazing for the price. I don't really need to buy anything these days as I use work gear anyway a lot of the time. The 1Dx is already overkill now that I'm not freelancing. I'd love to give those new lenses a go though. The 16-35 I have is possibly the most disappoint lens I own considering the price. I'd be really interested to know if they have improved it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

For all the flashy expensive stuff, I'm actually most interested in that wifi card for my 7D2. Allows you to take shots from your phone with a mirrored view. Handy for low angle macro.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Remote shooting and flash work has been an area that canon has been behind on for a while. Good see them making some additions to that.

I only just realised the 5D has the same processor as the 1Dx2. I can't believe how much they are packing into that camera. No wonder the price is so high on it. I'm assuming the only real reason you'd want the pro body now would be speed and durability. When I bought the 1Dx I was after low light performance and higher dynamic range. The durability was a bonus. I cant see much of a reason I'd spend the extra money if I was looking for a camera today.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk