Your gear. The good and the bad.

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
markus

Re: Your gear. The good and the bad.

Post by markus »

Swain OHaw wrote:Came into a bit of money and picked up a Black Friday deal on a Fuji X-Pro1 with 18mm f/2 and 27mm f/2.8 lenses for £500. I'm going to use this as a trial for the Fuji cameras while I'm down to just my 5DII, 40mm Pancake and adapted 50mm in terms of DSLR gear.

I'm excited about the 27mm lens - it's tiny, like a body cap. I reckon I could fit that and the camera in my coat pocket for climbing mountains where my Mum lives - might even be possible with the 18mm. Not possible with the 5D due to body size, even with the pancake lens - and the weight would be weird in a pocket. So even if I don't end up selling my DSLR, I'll have a great travel camera. Pretty much bi-winning.
Congrats!! I really like my Fujis :)
Much cycling such kilometers.
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Thanks! Good to know you're another satisfied shooter. :nod:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

OS if you decide to sell the Canon I may have a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Good to know, thanks!

I might have a buyer in the UK. I assisted a Uni friend with a wedding in September and, obviously, we talked a little bit about gear. I said I was constantly tempted to trade down to smaller kit now I'm not really working and prefer everyday street/travel photography. He was keen on it as a second body, but I'm not sure how keen/if he's got the funds. Always good to have options!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Picked up a Pentax K1. Initial impressions have been really good. Also picked up a 40mm prime lens (pictured attached) second hand which is showing a bit of promise :)
IMGP2303_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Bagged me a Nikkor DX 40 mm micro. Boxing day sales knocked $100 off the price. I'm glad they make cheaper lens for beginners/hacks like me. I went out before and just snapped a few hand held shots and the detail is really good but I have to be close.

Minister for Religious Genocide.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Nice one!

I use all Nikon at work now. To the point where I forget how to drive my canon gear sometimes. I really like it. The new D850 is far and away the best camera I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

RIP DSLR?

I was looking to into new camera options lately and it seems all manufacturers are switching to mirrorless, led by Sony, in order to better support video. Question now is whether I get a Canon M50 + adaptor so I can still use my L lenses, or sell them and start from scratch with a different brand. At the moment I'm leaning towards sticking with Canon.

One big plus is that they're a shitload smaller and lighter. Especially with native lenses. Took my camera on a bushwalk recently and I'd forgotten how much of a drag it becomes after lugging it around for a couple hours.

Anyone here gone mirrorless yet?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I havent, but they interest me. Especially if you travel.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.