A.R.S.E Golf (Shot Online)

Hit ya balls into this forum
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ASAIK if you were playing on the old Aus server you coulda transferred ya character over by sending them an email.

but i'm pretty sure there was a deadline and thats way past.....i'm also sure you can't create a character with the same name.

you will have to use another name :(

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
fp

Post by fp »

won a present box in a mission tonight.
care to guess what my über prize was?

1NG!

:rofl:!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

How do you get to do missions?
And what are they?
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
fp

Post by fp »

They're random. A mission notice will be displayed before tee-ing off on a particular hole.
All the ones I've encountered require all the players to score par or better on that hole to recieve a 'present box', which will give you a randomly drawn prize.

It may just be me, but missions seem to be occuring more often since St. Valentine's Day.

My current mission - go to bed and get to sleep.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

yeah you're right Dan....previously they had stopped the "present boxes" as they were doing maintainence on the server so now they're trying to make up for lost time

.......and its just as well :rage:

while we're on the subject of present boxes here's a tip.......when you go to buy balls, you will see that there's a present box there that you can purchase ( 100,000ng's )

whatever you do, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOX!!!!!!........it's exactly the same as the boxes you can win and so there's no guarantee of whats in it.

yes thats right, you could pay 100,0000 of your hard earned NG's for this and end up with 1NG!!!!!.......a blatant ripoff IMHO, so be warned. ( yes you guessed right, i bought one :( )

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Bluesman wrote: ( yes you guessed right, i bought one :( )
hey Bluebagger

I have heard there is a sucker born everyday, I didnt realise its been going on for that long :yikes:
--------------
Stu
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I installed and had a quick crack at this last night, good fun :)

How does clicking on differerent parts of the ball effect the shot?
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Back spin, top spin, side spin, but u need a good level stat before it starts working...
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Nice, thanks Hazelb :)
fp

Post by fp »

Having found an old golf ball from high school while having a bit of clean up, and remembering that there's a 5 iron in the roof rafters in the shed, (that I used to hit cane toads around with in my much younger days), I decided to hit a ball around for real this afternoon. A good thing about being on acreage is that I don't have to go to a golf club or driving range to do such a thing.

As some here may know, despite spending all my high school years at a golf academy, I never once played a single hole of golf while I was there. Needless to say, my chipping around the back yard would have been entertaining if anyone were watching. Mis-hits, big divots, hooks, slices, and just about everything you can imagine.
Nothing at all out of the usual for a complete noob using a club far too short for height, I don't think.

Then, it just all fell into place. Hitting off a patch of hard dirt, instead of the rough grass, nothing obstructing the club or ball. Strong and fast stroke, solid contact with the centre of the club. Thwack! She's gone, over the boundary, six runs, my neighbours put their hands straight up and twitch their wrists, others hold up little placards with '6' on them, had I looked straight up, I'm certain the words 'Nice Shot!' were hovering over me like a halo.
The ball has flown 50 meters, it's gone straight over the green, in fact it's now past the rough, it's O.B. - over the neighbour’s fence... into their thick, un-mowed scrub grass.

Man, I impress myself sometimes, What an absolutely amazing shot, even if it was a total fluke.

Long story shot... my ball is forever lost :(
It's now imprisoned in the neighbour's scrub, along with the cricket balls, tennis balls, frisbee and football from my younger days.
Farewell ball. May this post be an everlasting reminder of you.

...and that awesome, awesome shot :D
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

fp wrote:Having found an old golf ball from high school while having a bit of clean up, and remembering that there's a 5 iron in the roof rafters in the shed, I decided to hit a ball around for real this afternoon. A good thing about being on acreage is that I don't have to go to a golf club or driving range to do such a thing.

As some here may know, despite spending all my high school years at a golf academy, I never once played a single hole of golf while I was there. Needless to say, my chipping around the back yard would have been entertaining if anyone were watching. Mis-hits, big divots, hooks, slices, and just about everything you can imagine.
Nothing at all out of the usual for a complete noob using a club far too short for height, I don't think.

Then, it just all fell into place. Hitting off a patch of hard dirt, instead of the rough grass, nothing obstructing the club or ball. Strong and fast stroke, solid contact with the centre of the club. Thwack! She's gone, over the boundary, six runs, my neighbours put their hands straight up and twitch their wrists, others hold up little placards with '6' on them, had I looked straight up, I'm certain the words 'Nice Shot!' were hovering over me like a halo.
The ball has flown 50 meters, it's gone straight over the green, in fact it's now past the rough, it's O.B. - over the neighbour’s fence... into their thick, un-mowed scrub grass.

Man, I impress myself sometimes, What an absolutely amazing shot, even if it was a total fluke.

Long story shot... my ball is forever lost :(
It's now imprisoned in the neighbour's scrub, along with the cricket balls, tennis balls, frisbee and football from my younger days.
Farewell ball. May this post be an everlasting reminder of you.

...and that awesome, awesome shot :D
nice Dan, you deserve a present box :golfbanana:

I'm certain the words 'Nice Shot!' were hovering over me like a halo
:rofl:
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I have met you you big bastard, the words NICE SHOT would have been around you chest :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.