Guilds ????

Hit ya balls into this forum
Bauer

Guilds ????

Post by Bauer »

anyone thought about joining one? (except Blues who is already in one)

I have been snooping around the internets and found a guild that looks interesting. http://play18guild.com/

their tournaments pay NG's and all the other stuff guilds do. Have a snoop around yourself

Is anyone else keen to join a guild, or are you happy playing the way you play now?

I think Im getting enough out of SO to take it to the next level and play regular guild tournaments. Anyone else keen enough?
--------------
Stu
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Im keen for an ARSE guild, but by jesus I am having troubles with this game. I think the last 7 or 8 rounds I have started have just hung on me. I am left standing there after a shot and nothing happens. :(
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I was kinda hoping that someone, maybe Blues, would help out, money wise, to start a guild for ARSE.

Or if everyone who is willing to maybe join an ARSE guild, to maybe donate some money to get it started. It costs 3mil for a lvl 30 and above to create a guild and 1mil less each rank you go up. So i think Semi-Pro's only have to pay 2mil and Tour Pro 1 mil or something like that.
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i have received lots of guild invitations but i always rejected them cos i'm still not sure what are guilds for

and if ARSE starts a guild i would be joining for sure even though i don't know what its for
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

YnoT wrote:i have received lots of guild invitations but i always rejected them cos i'm still not sure what are guilds for

and if ARSE starts a guild i would be joining for sure even though i don't know what its for
if having a guild does nothing more than allow tournaments to pay out NG's instead of fake MB's, its a good thing :yes:

And it would be great to have Aussie Sim Racers playing AGGOT tournaments to win those NG's or Zodiacs or balls etc

I just feel its time to go one step further. If others are keen to be part of it, great, lets do it and do it here in the name of ARSE :yes:
--------------
Stu
pab

Post by pab »

What level do you have to reach before you can join a guild again?

Oh, and Stu, Jay was a member of a guild (not sure which) before he left civilsation, but obviously it may take a while to get some feedback on his experiences.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Im not sure re and ARSE Guild, depending on the detail I guess...

I like the idea of playing for actual NGS, and this play18 sounds good...

But i guess it depends on what comes with creating a guild...
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

you can join a guild at any level. you have to be lvl 30 or more to create a guild
--------------
Stu
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

norbs wrote:Im keen for an ARSE guild, but by jesus I am having troubles with this game. I think the last 7 or 8 rounds I have started have just hung on me. I am left standing there after a shot and nothing happens. :(
Me and Mark were getting that on the blue server. We don't seem to get it on the white one.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

J_luo88 wrote:I was kinda hoping that someone, maybe Blues, would help out, money wise, to start a guild for ARSE.

Or if everyone who is willing to maybe join an ARSE guild, to maybe donate some money to get it started. It costs 3mil for a lvl 30 and above to create a guild and 1mil less each rank you go up. So i think Semi-Pro's only have to pay 2mil and Tour Pro 1 mil or something like that.
Blues is already guild spoken for but if he wants to donate an NG or 2 when the time comes that one of us is level 30..............:D

I doubt any of us will have 3 mil at lvl 30 so NG donations will have to be the go to get setup.

Im at lvl 25 atm and have nearly 400k
--------------
Stu
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

guys i hate to poop ya party but i really think its still a little early to form a guild. money of course is the big prob, and with the small amount of members we have ATM, with the handicaps we have,
its not really financially viable even with donations from everyone. ( i'm nearly at 3 mil, so once i reach/exceed that amount i'm more than happy to donate a coupla mil )

the other thing is member numbers. you really do need alot of members (100 max i think), and you need to constantly keep those numbers up, as people will lose intererst in the game and move on etc etc, so i foresee that no matter what we would have to recruit people outside of ARSE.

even though i'm in a guild i still dont know what the point of of a guild is. i/we've not played any comps/tornaments against other guilds, though i'm lead to believe this happens, and the only comp i've seen with my guild was an IHT ( In House Tournament ), and not many members played that, and ARSE already play that now.

unfortunately i'm between a rock and a hard place ATM. i was signed to my guild by a good mate of mine who i used to play golf with in LINKS ( and have played with IRL ), and there were quite a few guys in the guild who i knew from Links, including the Guild Master ( head honcho who runs the guild ). unfortunately not long after i was signed on, these blokes fucked off to play WoW and the guild has been left virtually rudderless, with members dropping out left, right & center. :( now the guild is still run by these same guys even though they no longer play SO, and they are the only ones who can sign new people on, so how do we get new members when the guys running it aint there to sign them up??? it sux :(

the thing is i've made many new friends who are still with the guild, and i would hate to let them down by leaving at this difficult time, and i would like to stick it out and see if we can turn this guild around.

sorry to be so long winded, but i wanted you guys to realise where i'm at, but also to try to show you guys that forming a guild can be beneficial but it aint all beer and skittles.

one last thing. when i was signed by my mate to this guild he gave me 1.5 mil. i dunno if this was his own money ( he's a Tour Pro so has heaps ), or money from the guild. ( probably the former )
also the guild gave me new clubs that helped my game heaps. now the woods and wedges i think i can keep, as they are non repairable and will eventually run out, however the irons i will have to give back to the guild if i leave, as they are guild property as such. so that means if i wanted clubs as good as these, i'd have to spend real bucks like Stu & Haze have.

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

LOL you havent pooped our party Dave, and I totally understand your current stance. Though if we did something, you could become a major sponsor after you chip in a mil or so :D

Raising NG isnt that big a problem though really. For $10 US you can buy a driver and sell it in game to make enough to kick off a guild if that is what we wanted to do.

However, you are right in saying that we are a little early. Whoever creates the guild has to keep it going or we end up like yours (no disrespect) with no leadership or direction.

Numbers for the guild - we do need a few more consistently playing. A beginning guild has a cap of 20 players anyway, so we could fill that, but to make headway and move forward we need as many active players in that 20 as possible so we wouldnt allow ARSE's to join just for the sake of it or we would end up in a rut. A guild would need donations of equipment and NG to get going properly but it would also take our tourney to the next level by allowing us to award prizes and NG's to the winners.

I do have a few ideas, and they have grown in the last day or so after reading all about guilds, so when the time comes that whoever is at lvl 30 decides to take on the role of ARSE GM, we can discuss it further.
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

I still believe our best option is to approach a guild with our current players...to see if some joint joining could be arranged...

I like the Play18 info Stu highlighted - they seem to be active internally and award really ngs as prize money - which would be sweet to play for...
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

there is a guild that i tried to join at one stage, but they never replied to my requests to join so fuck em lol

what were they called?.......Racers Playing Golf.....so you can see why i wanted to join them.

turns out they're an offspring of a mob called LateNightBoys who race Nascar. (heard of them Stu/Haze?)

i'd seen a few of their dudes around the square, which is how i found out about them, but none of their

members answered any of my pm's so didnt follow it further.

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I'm keen to join a Guild, I've had a few requests but as others have I've knocked them back in preference of an ARSE guild :D
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

I reakon an ARSE guild is a good idea, id donate at least 500k to help, maybe 1mil if needed...
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

I reckon thats the go...

We all chip in to get the funds needed to start our own guild.

Maybe even donate 1,000 dollars campus cash each to create a kitty where the guild master could buy some items, and jump online and sell them, to create a 'Guild fund" for our future tournys - be good to be able to play for NGS...

EDIT 1,000 CC = around $12 AUD...Maybe easier to each buy an item and sell it - then pass the profits on to the guild...

But we need a LVL30 dude first!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Hazelb wrote:I reckon thats the go...

We all chip in to get the funds needed to start our own guild.

Maybe even donate 1,000 dollars campus cash each to create a kitty where the guild master could buy some items, and jump online and sell them, to create a 'Guild fund" for our future tournys - be good to be able to play for NGS...

EDIT 1,000 CC = around $12 AUD...Maybe easier to each buy an item and sell it - then pass the profits on to the guild...

But we need a LVL30 dude first!
yeah we need to be able to raise the 3 million if we want to get it going. Im Lvl 27 atm and hope by lvl30 to have a fair amount of NG but we will probably need to know who wants in and how much they can chip in (we dont want to break anyone). You will need to be lvl 21 (amateur) to be able to join the guild. Anyone who reads this can comment, otherwise I will start a new thread on joining once I get a little closer.

Unsure on anyone spending real money to assist the guild. More than welcome to but I think I would rather if someone had some spare cash, they help ARSE pay for the forum by a small donation (then anything you have left can be spent on the guild) or if you spend real money on SO to buy equipment, sell it (if you dont like it) or trade in your old stuff and donate to the guild. The bigger prize kitty we can offer, the better :)

feel free to express opinions :yes:
--------------
Stu
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I will be able to donate some money too. I dont 'really see the need of buying clubs atm, and really only need enough money for green fees and to repair my balls. =]
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Im very very very very close to level 30, and have 2.2 mil, so yeh, ill let you know when i hit 30 if you want me to start the guild
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

JTM29 wrote:Im very very very very close to level 30, and have 2.2 mil, so yeh, ill let you know when i hit 30 if you want me to start the guild
Im not saying you cant start the guild, (far from it in fact) but if you do, I hope you realise that no one else can run it. All guild activity from starting to maintaining the guild can only be done by the GM :yes:

A lot of research will need to go into it before anyone just jumps in and starts it.
--------------
Stu
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Yep, and we're unable to change Guild masters until a very later level, which wont' be anytime soon. To add to this, our GM must be very active online so they're about to accept members that are attempting to join.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Well its up to you guys, im on level 30 now and just need the money, im on most days playing so im active, but its up to you guys...
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i can donate around 200k atm
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

JTM29 wrote:Well its up to you guys, im on level 30 now and just need the money, im on most days playing so im active, but its up to you guys...
actually, its up to you. build it and they will come :)

have you had a look around at what you need to do as a GM?

When I say build it and they will come, I have no doubt that arses would join a guild, but it depends on what you plan to do with it and how you plan to run it that will determine if its worth being a part of.
--------------
Stu