Watch out for fraudsters!

Hit ya balls into this forum
YnoT

Watch out for fraudsters!

Post by YnoT »

a person named Silkk. private messaged me saying i have 2 accounts and asks me for my account name and password, he asked me to check the forums as he said he was a moderator so i checked the forums but his online name is Silkk with a . at the end, i was suspicious so i checked the forums and i read in this thread that to never give out account name and pass to anyone, so i logged out and posted this

screenshot attached

i posted this on the shot-online forums under gernal discussions under sticky forums so be careful guys, i nearly got tricked by this guy, a real moderator replied to me post and he said its a fake admin

its strange though cos my brother used my computer to play his character under his own account, so i don't know why that fake admin knows i had to 2 accounts
Last edited by YnoT on Sat May 12, 2007 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Ta Tone for the heads up!
fp

Post by fp »

Thanks for the heads up.... but, I don't get it.

What reason did the fraudster give for wanting your username and password? Can't read a thing on that screenshot, it's just a thumbnail.

Not that it really matters, you should never give your password to anyone, for shot online or anything else, if someone asks for it. Administrators and the like have no need for it, they're able to go in the back end and play around (pardon the unintontinal double entendre) with your account all they want without ever knowing your password. This goes for both online games and forums.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

he said i had 2 accounts on my computer which he checked my ISP address, which i do have lol, the other one is for my brother

he said he put up a scan to check my account but needs my user and pass, and he said i got 5 mins to do it but i just logged out
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It was a 'nice try' (not nice but a try); I think a lot of families have multiple accounts to online games.

It should be common sense to never give out any logins to anyone, admins know them (if they have to know) the rest can go to hell.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?