new (two-wheeled) toy

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
pogo

new (two-wheeled) toy

Post by pogo »

Spose here is the place :)

My new baby, a 2nd hand '08 Suzuki SV650.
Picked it up in Ipswich yesterday, private sale, just 6000 kays on it. It's my first bike on a full licence. Still has over a full year factory warranty.

Rode it back up to Bundy today and yesterday. Lovely motor, creamy torque just about everywhere - just wind it on in 6th for highway overtakes. Drop it back to forth and haaang ooon :D :yikes:

Took the squiggly backroads through the Sunshine Coast hinterland, my 2nd go at it (first time on a bike), recommend it for any qld'ers in the area. Had a fuggen great couple of days :yes:

Dan, they reckon they've made this motor better for the SFV, woah :)
Last edited by pogo on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Re: new toy

Post by Dan »

pogo wrote:Spose here is the place :)

My new baby, a 2nd hand '08 Suzuki SV650.
Picked it up in Ipswich yesterday, private sale, just 6000 kays on it. It's my first bike on a full licence. Still has over a full year factory warranty.

Rode it back up to Bundy today and yesterday. Lovely motor, creamy torque just about everywhere - just wind it on in 6th for highway overtakes. Drop it back to forth and haaang ooon :D :yikes:

Took the squiggly backroads through the Sunshine Coast hinterland, my 2nd go at it (first time on a bike), recommend it for any qld'ers in the area. Had a fuggen great couple of days :yes:

Dan, they reckon they've made this motor better for the SFV, woah :)
Heh yeah. Fuel injectors are from the GSXR 600-750 and it's 2 spark plugs per piston. Stopped being lazy on Sunday arvo and applied for finance! :yes:

I LOVE the SV650, such a fun and easy bike to ride. If anyone is looking at getting there license anytime soon or is looking for an upgrade, a LAMS or unrestricted SV650/SV650S/SFV650 is something to look at
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
pogo

Re: new (two-wheeled) toy

Post by pogo »

I think they do the 2-plug per piston on the 07 SV onwards :) Good luck with the finance :woohoo:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: new toy

Post by wobblysauce »

nice wheels
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

The SV is a nice bike. I had one before I got the blade. The torque is awesome. You should pm me your details. There is a group I head out with in Bris once every couple of months if your interested. Lots of different bike types, everyone heads out for a good ride, typically on a sunday.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Nice one goopster! Twins rule :D
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

deleted
Last edited by c.j on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

I'll check it out, cheers :yes:
pogo

Post by pogo »

Just a little update. Have had a play with the SV, and made it "mine". Just about due for its 2nd service, which I'll probably do myself rather than take it to the dodgy sods here.

To date: new pipe, clear indicator lenses (not sure about these), fender eliminator, rego-tube, bar end mirrors, & I've removed the front fairing. All cheap and cheerful stuff that makes a nice aesthetic - and aural, the pipe is straight-through :D - difference I think. I've scrubbed up the grotty looking front header pipe, too.

Next up will probably be a belly pan. I have some silver rim-stickers laying around that I might trial too. All good fun :)

cheers, Craig.
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

Looks nice, the fender eliminator and bar end mirrors really tidy it up :yes: Got any pics from the front?

I've got a pretty decent size shopping list of similar sorta stuff for mine, just gotta wait till payday to go stopping... Stupid monthly pay :rolleyes:
pogo

Post by pogo »

Here ya go Cet:
and another from behind:
The front isn't one of its better angles though, imho.

Had a look at an 09 R1 yesterday. In the flesh, sexy as :) Looking forward to seeing some pics of your handywork.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

SV is one of the better looking bikes out there in the power range
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pogo

Post by pogo »

A quick vid of the love of my life :D (the other love of my life has sense of humour enough to video me going in circles)

[youtube] [/youtube]
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

sounds great.

I miss my bike! are you getting into the twisties much?

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

Unfortunately, this place is flat as. The nearest twisties are about three-quarters of an hour away.

I've got holidays in a couple of weeks, gonna do some touring around. I was thinking south (Maleny etc), but seeing as that's where I usually go, I might check out out Mount Morgan and the hinterland :)

Probably going to head to the motorcycle expo on the 19th of Feb on the GC, you heading along CJ?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

anywhere is a good ride.

Might head along mate, with the family. If i do I'll let you know.

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

Well, went away over the weekend. Had a brilliant time, was still crawling pubs at 3am (unusual for me).

What's somewhat less unusual is that I lost my licence again. Fucken Ds crawling along at 90kph with a car or two behind 'em, and dickhead me blasted past. 147 in a 100, 6 months suspension.

I'll appeal it as I've been a good boy for 10+ years and I need it for work. No fines or tickets since my late teens.

Motherfuckers, sob :(
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

hahaha

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hehe, um...well that sucks, but still.
I've done that too, but it was a 2-lane highway and it was full, so I overtook @~160 on the parking lane... but I've managed to get away with a warning (surprised me too)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

lol, bikes are bad for that man...

And the fact that 90% of the population cant drive for shit we have these over regulated road rules when the bikes today are so safe over most roads. And we will never win.
Lesson learned, save it for the track. Its more fun and no cops.

;)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pogo wrote:Well, went away over the weekend. Had a brilliant time, was still crawling pubs at 3am (unusual for me).

What's somewhat less unusual is that I lost my licence again. Fucken Ds crawling along at 90kph with a car or two behind 'em, and dickhead me blasted past. 147 in a 100, 6 months suspension.

I'll appeal it as I've been a good boy for 10+ years and I need it for work. No fines or tickets since my late teens.

Really, are you expecting people to feel sorry for you? Doing 47kph over the limit, you deserve what ever you get imho. :rolleyes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

yea but it is so easy to do.

I could do 140-ish in first gear on my R6.

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

norbs wrote:
pogo wrote:Well, went away over the weekend. Had a brilliant time, was still crawling pubs at 3am (unusual for me).

Really, are you expecting people to feel sorry for you? Doing 47kph over the limit, you deserve what ever you get imho. :rolleyes:
No, I wasn't expecting anyone to feel sorry for me. Just relating my story.

I even called myself a dickhead ;)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pogo wrote:
norbs wrote:

No, I wasn't expecting anyone to feel sorry for me. Just relating my story.

I even called myself a dickhead ;)
Ah yes. Very good. Nothing to see here. Move along. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

c.j wrote:yea but it is so easy to do.

I could do 140-ish in first gear on my R6.
If you ever put that reasoning forward, it'll achieve one thing only; a push towards restricting/banning powerful bikes.

It really does not make sense if you think about it; you (legally) can't use it anywhere on the public roads ... actually in the center.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?